Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

2021 Peace And Morgan Dollars!

First page | Previous Page | Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 359 / Views: 18,747Next Topic
Page: of 24
Pillar of the Community
United States
522 Posts
 Posted 04/21/2021  3:42 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coincollector123 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I am much more excited that they lowered the HHL to 10. That makes it alot easier for the collectors to get their hands on one. But even then I would like to see it at 5 for at least a day then let it go.
Valued Member
United States
77 Posts
 Posted 04/21/2021  4:37 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Corbe to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I asked for HHL 1 for the first 24 hours in my email.
Learn More...
United States
99412 Posts
 Posted 04/21/2021  4:58 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I asked for HHL 1 for the first 24 hours in my email.
That would have been better for me. However, it could have been worse overall, depending on how many confederates the big buyers hired to make purchases. Ten people buying one coin is harder on a system than one person buying ten. I think in the end the limit of ten will work out best for us. I hope. I can certainly be wrong.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
10962 Posts
 Posted 04/21/2021  11:06 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CelticKnot to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I think in the end the limit of ten will work out best for us.

I concur.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1338 Posts
 Posted 04/22/2021  08:10 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dearborn to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I think in the end the limit of ten will work out best for us.

Well we are about to find out real quick, aren't we?
Collecting since 1972. Learning from then on
"Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn." -Benjamin Franklin
My Dansco 7070 type set coin count: 31/76
My Dansco 8176 Eisenhower set coin count: 36/36
Valued Member
United States
115 Posts
 Posted 04/22/2021  10:33 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add EDM to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Out of curiosity, how many here are planning on buying their limit of 10 each?
Learn More...
United States
99412 Posts
 Posted 04/22/2021  10:49 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Well we are about to find out real quick, aren't we?
If by real quick you mean in a month, then yes.

Meanwhile, those $105 silver proof sets are on sale today with three fewer silver quarters than last year.

Quote:
Not me. One and done.
Valued Member
United States
85 Posts
 Posted 04/22/2021  12:45 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add msl2196 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
So what's the best ordering strategy? On-line from the mint website? First-day? First-hour? Can we crash their website?

I have a good feeling that if you don't get one from the Mint in the first hour or so, you probably won't get one from the Mint at all...

Quote:

It depends on how much cash I have sitting around at that point, what opportunities I have to get them (with respect to the Mint website), and where I think the value of them will go. Definitely will try for at least one of each, though. But if I, say, miss the first four and have a chance at the fifth, I may increase my quantity a bit.
Pillar of the Community
United States
967 Posts
 Posted 04/22/2021  1:09 pm  Show Profile   Check omxfl's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add omxfl to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Do you really think these will sell out AND appreciate in the long run? I have my doubts and mainly based on 2019's Pride of Two Nations set ($140 for 2 oz vs. $85 for 1 oz silver & mintage of 100/110k vs. 175k).
I'll give these a miss, unless a dealer 'begs' me to buy some for them in exchange for $$$.
Pillar of the Community
United States
3397 Posts
 Posted 04/22/2021  1:22 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Remember these aren't being shipped till October. So even if you buy 10, you won't see them for a long time. What is correct today may not be in October.
Learn More...
United States
99412 Posts
 Posted 04/22/2021  3:00 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Do you really think these will sell out AND appreciate in the long run?
I do not see both being true. Even less likely is one being true without the other. Just my two dollars (inflation is relentless).

Quote:
What is correct today may not be in October.
Agreed. Who knows how many of these will change hands before they even reach our hands.
Valued Member
United States
434 Posts
 Posted 04/23/2021  05:37 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add PNWType to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Do you really think these will sell out AND appreciate in the long run?

I definitely expect selling out, but I don't expect much for appreciation, I feel like they'll settle around $100 and sit there

But hey, means nothing to me one way or the other. I want the shiny metal just to own the shiny metal
Pillar of the Community
United States
1338 Posts
 Posted 04/23/2021  08:59 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dearborn to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:

Quote:
One and done

same here. One each and done
Collecting since 1972. Learning from then on
"Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn." -Benjamin Franklin
My Dansco 7070 type set coin count: 31/76
My Dansco 8176 Eisenhower set coin count: 36/36
Pillar of the Community
Canada
569 Posts
 Posted 04/24/2021  1:24 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Cdncoins to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
This is the most anticipated US Mint release for me and I'm sure many others. I agree that these will sell out within the first hour. I also think they will sell for a hefty premium on the secondary market. I'm probably going to try to buy a few of each as my concern is I won't be able to buy them all from the mint and I can trade them for the ones I need afterwards.
Learn More...
United States
99412 Posts
Page: of 24 Previous TopicReplies: 359 / Views: 18,747Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.52 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05