Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

2021 Peace And Morgan Dollars!

First page | Previous Page | Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 772 / Views: 37,556Next Topic
Page: of 52
Valued Member
United States
475 Posts
 Posted 04/25/2021  03:01 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add PNWType to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I'm probably going to try to buy a few of each as my concern is I won't be able to buy them all from the mint and I can trade them for the ones I need afterwards.

That's a smart move for seeking the whole set, but I'm with Dearborn:

Quote:
One each and done
Edited by PNWType
04/25/2021 03:01 am
Pillar of the Community
United States
855 Posts
 Posted 04/28/2021  11:26 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add wyzeguy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Personally I think it's overkill what they're doing with the Morgan's. Shoulda just done a CC and O minted one and that's it. Also $85 bucks and not even an ounce of silver, ouch!
Pillar of the Community
Canada
573 Posts
 Posted 04/28/2021  1:49 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Cdncoins to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Instead of privy marks for CC and O, it would have been cool if they had opened "pop-up mints" in Carson City and New Orleans and actually minted them there! I'm sure the logistics and expense of doing so would not be worth it though.
Learn More...
United States
100962 Posts
 Posted 04/28/2021  3:11 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I'm sure the logistics and expense of doing so would not be worth it though.
The $85 dollars would be well north of $100 then.
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
405 Posts
 Posted 04/28/2021  9:06 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mikev50 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
imo the cc and o mintmark are cheesy looking--the d and s mintmark are more like the real ones---
Bedrock of the Community
United States
11030 Posts
 Posted 04/28/2021  11:07 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CelticKnot to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The O and CC are technically privvy marks, not mint marks. But I feel the same way -- not excited about they way they look. Maybe they'll look better in hand.
United States
30 Posts
 Posted 04/28/2021  11:44 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jason2232 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I think to limit of 10 will be to much should be set for two then re-opened to 10 after two days for Morgans especially if we are waiting till October to get item no reason for mint to let things rush to sell

Obviously the Peace dollar will be the hardest to get I think Mint will realize this with demand on Morgans and set a limit of one

Valued Member
United States
475 Posts
 Posted 04/29/2021  01:56 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add PNWType to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Obviously the Peace dollar will be the hardest to get I think Mint will realize this with demand on Morgans and set a limit of one

I'm hopeful for something of this sort. Seeing one Peace compared to 5 Morgans has me biting my nails. I just want my hands on 1 example of the 2 coins!!
Pillar of the Community
United States
1245 Posts
 Posted 04/29/2021  06:56 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Teach to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
If people want the HHL to change again for the Peace coin, they should start a grassroots movement and another email campaign to request this change. You hear people talk about it, but until people start taking action, nothing will change. If someone wants to start this movement, post the email addresses everyone should contact and provide the content of how the email should read and then maybe you will see another change?
Learn More...
United States
100962 Posts
 Posted 04/29/2021  10:15 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
The O and CC are technically privvy marks, not mint marks. But I feel the same way -- not excited about they way they look. Maybe they'll look better in hand.
I think the privy O is pretty cool. The CC, not so much.
Pillar of the Community
United States
3532 Posts
 Posted 04/29/2021  10:33 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Keep dishing on the CC so no one buys it so I can get one!
Learn More...
United States
100962 Posts
 Posted 04/29/2021  11:35 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Shush! Do not let them know our plan!
Bedrock of the Community
United States
11030 Posts
 Posted 04/29/2021  11:47 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CelticKnot to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:

Quote:
Shush! Do not let them know our plan!

Just because I don't initially care for the look of the privy marks doesn't mean I'm not going to try to buy them.
Valued Member
United States
475 Posts
 Posted 04/29/2021  3:23 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add PNWType to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Keep focusing on the CC so I can snag an O without competition!
Edited by PNWType
04/29/2021 3:23 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
3532 Posts
 Posted 04/29/2021  3:25 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Those PRIVY marks are all cheap and evil. You should actually protest and not even buy any new Morgans and especially don't buy any Peace.....

HAHA (evil thoughts )
Page: of 52 Previous TopicReplies: 772 / Views: 37,556Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.39 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05