Coin Community Family of Web Sites
YourCoinBox is offering a stress free way to appraise and sell your coins from the comfort of your home. Our goal is to create an ultra transparent and no pressure experience for finding out what your coins are worth and what to do with them.
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

2021 Peace And Morgan Dollars!

First page | Previous Page | Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 980 / Views: 47,549Next Topic
Page: of 66
Learn More...
United States
102184 Posts
 Posted 04/29/2021  3:25 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Keep focusing on the CC so I can snag an O without competition!
You will have to fight me for the O.

I NOLA!
Pillar of the Community
United States
880 Posts
 Posted 04/30/2021  12:00 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add wyzeguy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The O and CC are the only Morgan's, along with the Peace dollar, are the only ones I'll be going for. The rest will prolly be available under retail after a couple months IMO.
United States
39 Posts
 Posted 04/30/2021  3:25 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mickeydog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Household limit reduced to 10 each. https://www.coinnews.net/2021/04/30...its-reduced/
Learn More...
United States
102184 Posts
Valued Member
United States
109 Posts
 Posted 05/05/2021  08:33 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add livingwater to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I don't know when the US Mint added the boxes to Morgan and Peace pics, but here is an example. I magnified the mint mark.

Edited by livingwater
05/05/2021 08:36 am
Pillar of the Community
United States
3681 Posts
 Posted 05/05/2021  08:45 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
19 more days to go for the first set!
Learn More...
United States
102184 Posts
Valued Member
United States
132 Posts
 Posted 05/05/2021  10:32 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Raised on rock to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you for the magnified image. Makes me want to just reach out and grab that Morgan.
Valued Member
United States
166 Posts
 Posted 05/05/2021  11:43 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Eagle4Life to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
For the amount the mint is charging for these, they could have at least included a nicer box....something hinged like boxes the American Eagles come in.
Edited by Eagle4Life
05/05/2021 11:44 am
Valued Member
United States
420 Posts
 Posted 05/05/2021  3:40 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add bzookaj to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
For the amount the mint is charging for these, they could have at least included a nicer box....something hinged like boxes the American Eagles come in.

Because what they need is another excuse to raise the price.
Learn More...
United States
102184 Posts
 Posted 05/05/2021  3:56 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Because what they need is another excuse to raise the price.
Yup. Would have been $100 then.
Pillar of the Community
United States
880 Posts
 Posted 05/05/2021  7:02 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add wyzeguy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The mint marks look like they're going to be even smaller than the V75 privy marks.
Pillar of the Community
United States
2343 Posts
 Posted 05/05/2021  10:30 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dearborn to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The mint is considering that the Morgans and Peace dollars to be an annual event now.

https://coinweek.com/us-coins/the-c...ver-dollars/

Quote:
In recognition of the high level of interest among collectors in the forthcoming 2021 Morgan and Peace silver dollar program, United States Mint Director David Ryder and key members of his staff held a roundtable discussion with members of the numismatic media on May 4 to discuss this topic and provide an update on recent Mint activities and sales trends.

During the hour-long session, Ryder and his team discussed the most important parameters of the program and fielded questions from media participants from this publication and several others, as well as Rob Oberth, a coin dealer and member of the American Numismatic Association ( ANA) Board of Governors. Those questions came from or were intended to address the concerns of readers.

The most significant news that arose was that the Mint is strongly considering using the enabling legislation's lack of a sunset provision for the new silver dollar program and making it an ongoing annual series of Morgan and Peace dollars if the demand appears to exist for doing that. The program would be aimed at a new generation of collectors as well as at veteran collectors who love the original silver dollars.
Collecting since 1972. Learning from then on
"Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn." -Benjamin Franklin
My Dansco 7070 type set coin count: 31/76
My Dansco 8176 Eisenhower dollar Album coin count: 36/36, My Dansco 8166,8167 Kennedy half dollar Album coin count: 198/198
My Dansco 8140,8143-8147 Washington quarter Albums coin count: 423/423
My Dansco 8113,8114 Jefferson nickel Albums coin count: not sure yet
Pillar of the Community
United States
1034 Posts
 Posted 05/05/2021  11:58 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add atticguy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thank-you for the info Dearborn. A good article to read.

If the Mint decides to pop-out Morgans and Peace dollars every year then the appeal to me to buy them this year is gone. Unfortunately, whether or not they will or will not do this won't be known until after this year's releases.

It also appears that the quantity of Morgans available for sale to the public ( us ) has dropped to 157,500 and the Peace dollars to 180,000.

On the plus side, dealers won't be getting any 'sugar' deals for them. Then again, their prices to the public will be higher.
Valued Member
United States
112 Posts
 Posted 05/06/2021  04:24 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Corbe to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I hope the gouging prices on eBay aren't too horrific after I'm inevitably locked out of buying a single one on all three sales days.

So they are just gonna leave those HH limits at 10 while saying there is abnormally high interest?
Edited by Corbe
05/06/2021 04:26 am
Page: of 66 Previous TopicReplies: 980 / Views: 47,549Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.51 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05