Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

2021 Peace And Morgan Dollars!

First page | Previous Page | Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 772 / Views: 36,985Next Topic
Page: of 52
Learn More...
United States
100811 Posts
 Posted 05/06/2021  10:32 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
The mint is considering that the Morgans and Peace dollars to be an annual event now.
You all are going to need a bigger album.

I will be fine with 2021 only.
Valued Member
United States
276 Posts
 Posted 05/06/2021  11:48 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add psuman08 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I hope the gouging prices on eBay aren't too horrific after I'm inevitably locked out of buying a single one on all three sales days.

They are preselling on Ebay for $165+

I am excited about this release and hope to get one of each. I also think it will be cool if next year they issue proof versions, followed by other finishes.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1238 Posts
 Posted 05/06/2021  12:13 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add NumisEd to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
If the Mint is going to go with an annual Morgan and Peace dollar, I suppose it will negatively compete with the annual Silver Eagle.
Valued Member
United States
475 Posts
 Posted 05/06/2021  2:35 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add PNWType to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
If the Mint decides to pop-out Morgans and Peace dollars every year then the appeal to me to buy them this year is gone. Unfortunately, whether or not they will or will not do this won't be known until after this year's releases.

I completely agree. I feel like they are misreading the interest in 2021 designs as interest in a series. What is it with the mint and making everything a series? The hole in my album for these I have labeled as "Design Centennial" not "Design Centennial plus many dates in a shameless cash grab from the US Mint"

This news is very unfortunate. I wouldn't have any desire for a modern Morgan with a date that isn't 2021, and a Peace dollar I would much prefer a 2021 to match the Morgan.
Learn More...
United States
100811 Posts
 Posted 05/06/2021  2:55 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
If the Mint is going to go with an annual Morgan and Peace dollar, I suppose it will negatively compete with the annual Silver Eagle.
That is an interesting thought. The eagles weigh more, but Morgan and Peace have more swagger.
Pillar of the Community
United States
607 Posts
 Posted 05/06/2021  3:27 pm  Show Profile   Check captainrich's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add captainrich to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
The mint is considering that the Morgans and Peace dollars to be an annual event now.

I'm concerned that NGC will categorize these new Morgan and Peace dollars as "Modern Commemorative Silver Dollars," causing registry collectors to buy them every year to keep their sets complete.

Quote:
I am excited about this release and hope to get one of each. I also think it will be cool if next year they issue proof versions, followed by other finishes.

Maybe even colorize them like the Basketball commemoratives?
Edited by captainrich
05/06/2021 3:30 pm
Learn More...
United States
100811 Posts
 Posted 05/06/2021  3:54 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I'm concerned that NGC will categorize these new Morgan and Peace dollars as "Modern Commemorative Silver Dollars," causing registry collectors to buy them every year to keep their sets complete.
That would be catastrophic, as would be including them in the original Morgan and Peace series.

Quote:
Oh, no. No, no, no, no... NO!
Valued Member
United States
475 Posts
 Posted 05/06/2021  4:37 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add PNWType to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I also think it will be cool if next year they issue proof versions, followed by other finishes.

I'm surprised the Mint seems to have decided against doing other finishes this year. Feels like they are crawling through molasses and pushing off releases more and more

Quote:

No way!
Valued Member
United States
98 Posts
 Posted 05/06/2021  6:28 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Corbe to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
They are preselling on Ebay for $165+

Seems very unwise to pay 5 months ahead of time through eBay.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1238 Posts
 Posted 05/06/2021  6:35 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add NumisEd to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Seems like the Mint has the captive Type Collector in sight: release a new Morgan and Peace dollar every year and the audience HAS to buy them to keep their Type Set up to date.
The Mint sees dollar signs!!!
Pillar of the Community
United States
1746 Posts
 Posted 05/06/2021  6:39 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dearborn to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Oh, no. No, no, no, no... NO!

Quote:
No way!

I'm with ya. I hate, HATE colorized coins..
Collecting since 1972. Learning from then on
"Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn." -Benjamin Franklin
My Dansco 7070 type set coin count: 31/76
My Dansco 8176 Eisenhower dollar Album coin count: 36/36
My Dansco 8166,8167 Kennedy half dollar Album coin count: 198/198
My Dansco 8140,8143-8147 Washington quarters Albums coin count: 423/423
Valued Member
United States
66 Posts
 Posted 05/06/2021  7:31 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Raised on rock to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
$85 dollars is high enough. $165 is just nuts!
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
3917 Posts
 Posted 05/06/2021  7:55 pm  Show Profile   Check Pacificoin's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Pacificoin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I am wondering if the US Mint now considers themselves to be a branch
of the RCM ?
They are not actually remaking Peace and Morgan dollars
in the traditional sense , simply manufacturing an old couple of
Coin Designs in the form of 999 rounds at about 100 bucks an ounce !
Good business if you can get it !
Pillar of the Community
United States
1478 Posts
 Posted 05/07/2021  2:19 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Big-Kingdom to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
"simply manufacturing an old couple of
Coin Designs in the form of 999 rounds at about 100 bucks an ounce !"

It's not an ounce....26.730 grams it's roughly 1.62 grams short of an oz.
Edited by Big-Kingdom
05/07/2021 2:21 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
1238 Posts
 Posted 05/07/2021  3:10 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add NumisEd to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
It's not an ounce....26.730 grams it's roughly 1.62 grams short of an oz.

You wish!
The 2021 Peace dollars are 0.858 troy oz of 0.999 silver. So: 0.858 x 0.999 x 31.1035 = 26.66 grams.

https://catalog.usmint.gov/peace-20...ar-21XH.html
Page: of 52 Previous TopicReplies: 772 / Views: 36,985Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.47 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05