Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

2021 Peace And Morgan Dollars!

First page | Previous Page | Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 772 / Views: 36,555Next Topic
Page: of 52
Learn More...
United States
100676 Posts
 Posted 05/07/2021  3:10 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yeah, but it is also $85 not $100. I believe he was adjusting for that.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1230 Posts
 Posted 05/07/2021  3:16 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add NumisEd to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
You are basically paying $99/oz silver.
I don't think it is a coincidence that the weight is 0.858 oz and the price $85, as $85/0.858 = $99/oz.
Edited by NumisEd
05/07/2021 3:16 pm
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
3915 Posts
 Posted 05/07/2021  4:28 pm  Show Profile   Check Pacificoin's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Pacificoin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@ jbuck ...thank you !
I was a maths honour student !
It basically works out to $100 an ounce!

In my humble opinion , these are a total non Starter
at those issue prices , let alone the AM prices
Dealers will want .
What's next the 5 ounce version ?

Edited by Pacificoin
05/07/2021 4:31 pm
Learn More...
United States
100676 Posts
 Posted 05/07/2021  4:49 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Oh no! I cannot believe you just said that out loud!
Pillar of the Community
United States
1230 Posts
 Posted 05/07/2021  6:18 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add NumisEd to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The next five ounce coin? How about the "First Ladies of America" coin. They must get a bigger coin than their husbands, of course.
And it shows you who is really running the show...
Bedrock of the Community
United States
11025 Posts
 Posted 05/07/2021  10:57 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CelticKnot to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
Oh no! I cannot believe you just said that out loud!

Well... that 3" press is just sitting there gathering dust now...

But I am done with 5-oz series coins, at least those in a series. Much too decadent.
Learn More...
United States
100676 Posts
 Posted 05/10/2021  10:51 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Well... that 3" press is just sitting there gathering dust now...
Pillar of the Community
United States
3513 Posts
Pillar of the Community
United States
3513 Posts
 Posted 05/10/2021  11:27 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
And based on this:

None of the 2021 silver dollars will be shipped to customers until Oct. 4.

Holben said customers' credit cards are not charged until an order is officially shipped. He recommended those planning to place orders for the limited edition silver dollars make sure the credit card being used for payment is active and not expired or due to expire before coins are to be shipped.

I'm giving serious consideration to getting all 6 if I can. Well for 2021. I won't do Morgans after 2021.

Learn More...
United States
100676 Posts
 Posted 05/10/2021  11:32 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Looks like I'm doing a new Peace dollar set :)
Yup! Good luck!

Now, how do I get them to reboot the Ike?
Pillar of the Community
United States
1230 Posts
 Posted 05/10/2021  12:44 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add NumisEd to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Now, how do I get them to reboot the Ike?

Start a petition and send it to the Mint.
Pillar of the Community
United States
3513 Posts
 Posted 05/10/2021  12:48 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Jbuck,

Are you seriously comparing this ugly bald guy:

To this beautiful lady?

Look at the model...

Edited by hfjacinto
05/10/2021 12:50 pm
Learn More...
United States
100676 Posts
 Posted 05/10/2021  2:51 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Start a petition and send it to the Mint.
Done and ... sent!

Quote:
Are you seriously comparing this ugly bald guy... To this beautiful lady?
Yes. Yes I am.

How many fascist dictators had she defeated again?
Valued Member
United States
290 Posts
 Posted 05/11/2021  11:24 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jason39305 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Well since I can only afford one of each, I'm going for the P Morgan and Peace since they release on the same day. That way I only have to deal with the US Mint's mind maddening website once.

As far as the mint releasing these every year, no thanks. 2021 is special because of the centennial connection. 2022 means nothing to me.
Learn More...
United States
100676 Posts
 Posted 05/11/2021  12:21 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I'm going for the P Morgan and Peace since they release on the same day.
Probably the soundest plan. One I should employ if I somehow fail to get the O privy.

Quote:
2021 is special because of the centennial connection. 2022 means nothing to me.
Agreed. I do not plan to collect a series if there is one since I do not collect them now. I have only bought one of each as type coins for my 7070. The three extras I have were gifts.
Page: of 52 Previous TopicReplies: 772 / Views: 36,555Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.42 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05