Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

2021 Peace And Morgan Dollars!

First page | Previous Page | Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 772 / Views: 36,700Next Topic
Page: of 52
Valued Member
United States
290 Posts
 Posted 05/11/2021  1:22 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jason39305 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I've started a Morgan collection but have just a few Peace dollars. They still don't interest me.
Pillar of the Community
United States
877 Posts
 Posted 05/11/2021  1:29 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add MrPink2018 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
lol... I didn't remember replying to this, but I went back & found & read my reply from late september last year. my mind has not changed. the mint is still in my doghouse & I'm just not attracted to them. the cost makes it even more unappealing to me. if I buy any morgan or Peace dollars, i'll be buying the real deal from late 1800s & early 1900s. I've already informed the mint (several times, via salty email) of a great place to stick them.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1896 Posts
 Posted 05/11/2021  3:06 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Mister Kairu to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Has been quite a minute since being on the site here (been caught up with the Pokemon card craze this past year) but am definitely liking these new Morgans and Peace dollars. After reading through this thread and seeing everyone's opinions, I think I am also of the mindset that only the 2021 year is worth trying to get. I am not sure if I want to get one of each Morgan or just pick 1 with the Peace dollar yet. Good luck to all trying to get these!
Pillar of the Community
United States
6353 Posts
 Posted 05/12/2021  02:09 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add muddler to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
With a date set of Morgan dollars I would want one, and the Peace dollar to complete my Peace dollar set.
Pillar of the Community
United States
549 Posts
 Posted 05/12/2021  11:33 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coincollector123 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I will get one of each but if they continue the series into 2022 I do not plan to get any unless they are proof/reverse proof/different finish.
Learn More...
United States
100731 Posts
 Posted 05/12/2021  2:33 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
...unless they are proof/reverse proof/different finish.
Do not tempt them!
United States
14 Posts
 Posted 05/12/2021  10:31 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Excalibur1701 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
"Holben said that 10% of each ordering option will be reserved for acquisition by the approved dealers in the Authorized Bulk Purchase Program."

Why, why why?
Pillar of the Community
United States
4558 Posts
 Posted 05/12/2021  10:54 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Greasy Fingers to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'm by no means a pro and will never claim to be...just my 2 cents
A smile costs nothing to give or receive....GF
If it's not hockey, it's not a sport
Valued Member
United States
437 Posts
 Posted 05/13/2021  4:40 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mrpapageorgio to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Anyone been trying to fill their Peace/Morgan albums since they announced this? I'm just short the 1928-P at this point (which is not cheap).

If they do make this a yearly series, I will only do this for the Peace dollars.
Pillar of the Community
United States
3514 Posts
 Posted 05/13/2021  6:24 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
My Peace Album has been filled for years but I did buy a new album
As my old one was beat up.

Pillar of the Community
United States
1232 Posts
 Posted 05/13/2021  7:21 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add NumisEd to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Are you going to add a page for the 2021...(2022, 2023, 2024...)?
Edited by NumisEd
05/13/2021 7:45 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
3514 Posts
 Posted 05/13/2021  8:06 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:

Are you going to add a page for the 2021...(2022, 2023, 2024...)?

At $85 a pop, the magic 8 ball says "NO"
Pillar of the Community
United States
4817 Posts
 Posted 05/14/2021  09:25 am  Show Profile   Check barryg's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add barryg to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I didn't notice at first that there were going to be five separate versions of the Morgan dollar and one of the Peace dollar. I was thinking of getting multiples of each, but then realized that I'm seriously running out of room in my safe and would probably just have room for one of each. Meaning two coins in total. Now, however, I see that I'll probably end up wanting to buy one of each variety, which will mean six separate boxes to make room for.

I wish the mint would make the five different Morgans available in a single boxed set, similar to the way they released the Silver American Eagle 25th Anniversary Set back in 2011:

My Coin & Currency Collection
(Dansco 7070 and 8100 albums, Proof Type Set, U.S. Currency Type Set & Foreign Bullion Collection)
Learn More...
United States
100731 Posts
 Posted 05/14/2021  09:37 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
My Peace Album has been filled for years but I did buy a new album

Quote:
At $85 a pop, the magic 8 ball says "NO"

If they had somehow decided to continue the Ike (2021 is the 50th anniversary after all ), I would just put them in a second volume. My Ike Dansco has been completed 28 years now.
Valued Member
United States
130 Posts
 Posted 05/21/2021  09:55 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add EDM to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'll try to get one of each of them all. Might try for multiples. Why not? How likely are they to lose value over the coming years? I completed my Peace collection last year.
Page: of 52 Previous TopicReplies: 772 / Views: 36,700Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.38 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05