Coin Community Family of Web Sites
YourCoinBox is offering a stress free way to appraise and sell your coins from the comfort of your home. Our goal is to create an ultra transparent and no pressure experience for finding out what your coins are worth and what to do with them.
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

2021 Peace And Morgan Dollars!

First page | Previous Page | Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 972 / Views: 47,175Next Topic
Page: of 65
Valued Member
United States
77 Posts
 Posted 06/23/2021  3:09 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add smuglr to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@Corbe I agree I wish they had split them up as well as reducing the hhl.
Valued Member
United States
319 Posts
 Posted 06/25/2021  10:03 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add psuman08 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I am still curious why they are doing pre-order rather than just sell them in October. It is not like buying a concert ticket where they are holding the money and earning interest. The mint does not charge until they ship.
Pillar of the Community
United States
578 Posts
 Posted 06/25/2021  11:33 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coincollector123 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
it might be so that they can make them to order up to the Upper limit. So instead of making 100k of a coin, selling 80k, then having to sell them in bulk pricing for cheaper/maybe loss, they at least are sure they wont have Overstock of any coin.
Learn More...
United States
102171 Posts
Pillar of the Community
United States
3496 Posts
 Posted 06/26/2021  01:21 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add acloco to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
What did the latest U.S. Mint announcement do to the price of the first two offerings?

With a household limit of 3, believe this drove the price up for on the first two issues. Yes? No?
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Germany
662 Posts
 Posted 06/26/2021  02:56 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add redlock to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
So instead of making 100k of a coin, selling 80k, then having to sell them in bulk pricing for cheaper/maybe loss, they at least are sure they wont have Overstock of any coin.

That might be the case. However, do we really think the Mint will not be able to sell all the Morgan/Peace Dollars within hours of putting them up for sale?
Pillar of the Community
United States
578 Posts
 Posted 06/26/2021  09:36 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coincollector123 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
What did the latest U.S. Mint announcement do to the price of the first two offerings?

With a household limit of 3, believe this drove the price up for on the first two issues. Yes? No?

As far as I know, the announcement has nothing to do with the first two offerings. I am sure this will cause the first 2 in the set to go up in value as they were harder and less of a spread among collectors.
The CC Morgan goes for 230-260 right now on sold listing for OGP and the O Morgan is 210-230 in OGP.
If them make these other coins more available for everyone including collectors the demand for the CC and O should go up more for people to want to complete a set, I would think.

Quote:
That might be the case. However, do we really think the Mint will not be able to sell all the Morgan/Peace Dollars within hours of putting them up for sale?

They will be able to sell them all at least within a day of release. 75k mintage is not a ton of coins especially how popular the Morgan dollar is.
Pillar of the Community
United States
3496 Posts
 Posted 06/26/2021  11:29 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add acloco to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
New household limit is 3 for the remaining releases.

Concur with coincolleter123.....believe the first two issues will hit $500 per when the next series are released.
Pillar of the Community
United States
2339 Posts
 Posted 06/27/2021  08:42 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dearborn to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
They will be able to sell them all at least within a day of release. 75k mintage is not a ton of coins especially how popular the Morgan dollar is.

The release limit on the Morgan D, S and P coins has been set at 175K not 75K. The Peace dollar is at 200K.
Collecting since 1972. Learning from then on
"Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn." -Benjamin Franklin
My Dansco 7070 type set coin count: 31/76
My Dansco 8176 Eisenhower dollar Album coin count: 36/36, My Dansco 8166,8167 Kennedy half dollar Album coin count: 198/198
My Dansco 8140,8143-8147 Washington quarter Albums coin count: 423/423
My Dansco 8113,8114 Jefferson nickel Albums coin count: not sure yet
Edited by Dearborn
06/27/2021 08:45 am
Valued Member
United States
290 Posts
 Posted 06/28/2021  3:26 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Reno32 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I just lost my 2 coins, someone was charging my card and the bank said I had to close it to be investigated.U.S Mint wouldn't accept my new card, the agent say she want close it but let it go though in Oct if no change happen. Do anyone no how I can bypass that situation to use another card, who I can talk too. Thanks
Pillar of the Community
United States
1900 Posts
 Posted 06/28/2021  3:39 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Bump111 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I just lost my 2 coins, someone was charging my card and the bank said I had to close it

I think that is a concern for everyone here. Since PayPal was not an option that day, I used my one and only credit card and am hoping that it doesn't get hacked between now and October. I know of very few people who haven't had a problem with a credit card that required closing the account. One of the many drawbacks to this "pre-order" business model.

I hope someone can provide the proper resolution for this problem - I will be eagerly looking for that reply in case this happens to me, too. I very rarely deal directly with the Mint but would think that a phone call could rectify the situation - apparently not.

Edited for clarity
Edited by Bump111
06/28/2021 3:40 pm
Valued Member
United States
319 Posts
 Posted 06/28/2021  4:50 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add psuman08 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Quote:
So instead of making 100k of a coin, selling 80k, then having to sell them in bulk pricing for cheaper/maybe loss, they at least are sure they wont have Overstock of any coin.

Right, they will not have any problem selling Morgan / Peace dollars. They should employ this strategy for the commerative programs.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
11149 Posts
 Posted 06/29/2021  5:56 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CelticKnot to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I might just lock my main card in the safe until October and use a different one.
Pillar of the Community
United States
880 Posts
 Posted 06/29/2021  8:16 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add wyzeguy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Should be able to call your credit card company and place a temporary hold. Once the date nears just lift the hold.
Valued Member
United States
290 Posts
 Posted 06/30/2021  11:53 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Reno32 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
They put my money back on my card that they took and I just receive my new card but the US Mint want accept it, but my order still in back order. It not right you work hard to get them coins and they want replace the old card. If the money wasn't on the card I understand what they doing but they had a pending on my card until it disappear.
Page: of 65 Previous TopicReplies: 972 / Views: 47,175Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.37 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05