Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

2021 Peace And Morgan Dollars!

First page | Previous Page | Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 1,356 / Views: 67,447Next Topic
Page: of 91
Valued Member
United States
180 Posts
 Posted 08/03/2021  1:42 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add HappyHippo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Oh, and I see the Mint already charged by credit card. That s/w apparently is working flawlessly. It's odd because most businesses wouldn't charge your credit card until they shipped the item. But I'm just happy that it looks like I may have gotten something this time.
Edited by HappyHippo
08/03/2021 1:43 pm
Valued Member
United States
166 Posts
 Posted 08/03/2021  1:54 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Corbe to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Oh, and I see the Mint already charged by credit card.

Pending and posted aren't the same thing.
Pillar of the Community
United States
4060 Posts
 Posted 08/03/2021  1:55 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Ok this is weird, I got 2 charges and 2 emails, but 3 processing orders?

Valued Member
United States
330 Posts
 Posted 08/03/2021  2:02 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Reno32 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@EDM I wish I knew that I would have gotten them for you to make that trade, because I lost mine when someone hack my card. They still under pre-order
Valued Member
United States
63 Posts
 Posted 08/03/2021  2:02 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add pkluck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
"Ok this is weird, I got 2 charges and 2 emails, but 3 processing orders?"

So did I. Best way to get rid of extra coins? I got 3 S's and 2 D's.
Valued Member
United States
330 Posts
 Posted 08/03/2021  2:19 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Reno32 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Mine showing processing it should be showing pending I thought.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1087 Posts
 Posted 08/03/2021  2:23 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add machine20 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@hfjacinto No free shipping yet!?
Pillar of the Community
United States
4060 Posts
 Posted 08/03/2021  2:41 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
@hfjacinto No free shipping yet!?

This year I haven't purchased from the US Mint. The costs have been high and I really didn't want anything. Although if I get all 3 orders the last order should ship free. I have only purchased the C and O Morgans and the D and S.

My Enrollments are the S Proof ASE and the Innovation Proof Dollars. And last year as a protest I turned off the S proof enrollment, this year its on just because of the potential upside.
Edited by hfjacinto
08/03/2021 2:46 pm
Pillar of the Community
Canada
606 Posts
 Posted 08/03/2021  2:49 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Cdncoins to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I was really hoping things would be better this time around. Tried multiple times to order the D & S Morgan's but the order wouldn't go through.
Pillar of the Community
United States
4060 Posts
 Posted 08/03/2021  2:50 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
So did I. Best way to get rid of extra coins? I got 3 S's and 2 D's.

While no one can predict the future, I think these coins will be hot sellers, probably selling for about $200 each. If I was you (and I kind of am as I have 3 orders), I'll sell the coins to my local coin shop, if I get $150-$175 cash for each I make out, no shipping, no dealing with scammers on ebay. I also have enough posts I could sell it on here, we'll see what's make it easier to do.
Valued Member
United States
180 Posts
 Posted 08/03/2021  2:58 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add HappyHippo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yes, I was thinking if and when I ever get these coins, maybe I'll ask my LCS if he'd trade some Peace dollars. Or maybe some Franklin half dollars. I guess it will depend how hot they are in October.
Valued Member
United States
243 Posts
 Posted 08/03/2021  3:00 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add carlp007 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Received my order confirmation email, order show as backorder on the mint website. Order was processed 12:02 PM EST, received confirmation email 2:06 PM EST. This is the fasted I have had an order process through the mint website.
Pillar of the Community
United States
4862 Posts
 Posted 08/03/2021  3:07 pm  Show Profile   Check barryg's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add barryg to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I suppose I could have ordered three of each coin with an eye to selling the extras at a steep markup in the near future, but I knew that if I bought three of each I'd just end up keeping all three. Just like I still have five originally boxed sets of the Silver American Eagle 25th Anniversary Set from 2011, despite thinking I would keep one set and sell the other four.

Meh.

I'm just happy to have one of each for my collection.

My Coin & Currency Collection
(Dansco 7070 and 8100 albums, Proof Type Set, U.S. Currency Type Set & Foreign Bullion Collection)
Pillar of the Community
United States
990 Posts
 Posted 08/03/2021  3:09 pm  Show Profile   Check omxfl's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add omxfl to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'm surprised about the many presales on ebay, not just for the D & S Morgans but also for the CC & O ones. According to their policy, one has to ship within 30 days of receiving payment, incl. presales. But looking at completed auctions for the previously released Morgans, they don't seem to enforce their own policy.
Valued Member
United States
330 Posts
 Posted 08/03/2021  3:18 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Reno32 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
My bank showing purchase pending, the other order I had said pending and the mint site saying Back order for the first order with the CC & O, the new order showing processing anyone can tell me what that mean.Thanks
Page: of 91 Previous TopicReplies: 1,356 / Views: 67,447Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.39 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05