Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

2021 Peace And Morgan Dollars!

First page | Previous Page | Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 1,332 / Views: 65,627Next Topic
Page: of 89
Pillar of the Community
United States
3087 Posts
 Posted 08/03/2021  3:45 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dearborn to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
My order said 'processing' now it say
back order', but they charged my bank (which is a good thing) - I don't have to keep an eye on it to ensure the funds are there when they go back and charge for the first 2 coins. I just make sure the 170.00 is always there not 340.00..
Edited by Dearborn
08/03/2021 3:45 pm
Valued Member
United States
372 Posts
 Posted 08/03/2021  3:57 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add psuman08 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Mine is also now BACKORDER, but my card has not been charged. I wish they would just charge it now, like concert tickets.
Pillar of the Community
United States
4031 Posts
 Posted 08/03/2021  4:01 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
They won't charge your card until 10/15 or when they ship. All the mint does is put a hold on your card. My order of the CC and O morgans says back order with $4.95 charge same as today's order.
United States
41 Posts
 Posted 08/03/2021  4:04 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add phillyprod to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'm not gonna say it was flawless, but I was able to get a D confirmed at 12:03. Aside from the site being slow, there were no issues.

At 12:15, I saw there were still S available so I decided to try it. Got a couple bad gateways and a 404 a few times, but by 12:19 the order had gone through.

Like I said, not flawless. But it wasn't an awful order experience either.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
602 Posts
 Posted 08/03/2021  4:28 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Cdncoins to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I was really hoping things would be better this time around. Tried multiple times to order the D & S Morgan's but the order wouldn't go through.

Well I received an email from the US Mint at 2:48pm that apparently my order did go through! I ordered 3 each of the D and S. Hoping to eventually trade for the O and CC as I missed out on those.
United States
12 Posts
 Posted 08/03/2021  5:10 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Bullsquid to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
One of my orders are confirmed with a email a short time ago with a back order status. I placed 2 more orders again when I saw they were still available. No email yet on those.
Pillar of the Community
United States
912 Posts
 Posted 08/03/2021  5:25 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add wyzeguy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Seems like just about everyone was able to get what they wanted which is always good. IMO, the main difference why everyone was able to get them this time was the change from 10 to 3 on the HHL and not the site improvements. Still got the same multiple errors with multiple attempts. The Peace and two coin set are gonna be a crapshoot.
Pillar of the Community
United States
611 Posts
 Posted 08/03/2021  5:57 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add BamaBlue to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Next Tuesday's bull rush is going to be madness... I wish the Mint would have split the issue of the P Morgan and the Peace dollar. I have no interest in the Peace dollar, but want to get that Morgan.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
8811 Posts
 Posted 08/03/2021  6:02 pm  Show Profile   Check GrapeCollects's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add GrapeCollects to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I got 3 of each and have been offered 3 more of each at $105 a piece. So I'll have a bit of inventory on them which is nice.
My best finds: 1999-WAM:http://goccf.com/t/332161 1988-RDV-6:http://goccf.com/t/335954#2873459 1986-Off-center: http://goccf.com/t/335952
1999 WAM #2:http://goccf.com/t/338710&whichpage=1
1981 Double Struck In Collar: http://goccf.com/t/350199&whichpage=1
ANA id: 3194067
My Type Set: https://www.NGCcoin.com/registry/co...sets/236574/
If you want to buy something or sell something or just talk, shoot me a PM!
Valued Member
United States
149 Posts
 Posted 08/03/2021  7:34 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coronet1832 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I was one of those who had multiple errors: 20 minutes of gateway errors and "Page not found" when confirming order, but it eventually went through for 2 of each. Have the order confirmation and CC showed initial charge but no confirmation email. Given the number of problems I had, hope it delivers!

I wonder if the browser makes a difference on the errors. I was using Chrome.
Edited by Coronet1832
08/03/2021 7:38 pm
Valued Member
United States
165 Posts
 Posted 08/03/2021  7:50 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Corbe to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:

No, the browser should make no difference, all the "errors" are server side.
Pillar of the Community
United States
3087 Posts
 Posted 08/03/2021  7:53 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dearborn to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:

I use chrome as well and was in and done within the first 2 minutes. Got out with both coins. I don't think the browser is the problem, It is the source server (MINT's) it may also be the net speed at your location of the age/speed of the computer you are using.

The computer I use is hard wired to my network and is within 15 feet of my router/switch. Also the computer I use is strictly for coining and nothing else. This keeps malware and such to a minimum. I don't allow a huge amount of so called 'background apps' to be running when dealing with the Mint and their sales.
Edited by Dearborn
08/03/2021 7:58 pm
Valued Member
United States
60 Posts
 Posted 08/03/2021  7:57 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add pkluck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Interesting ( to me at least ) I got the D right away but the S was in my basket and every time I tried to check out it said page missing. Finally after 25 or so attempts my order went through approx 12:16
Edited by pkluck
08/03/2021 8:00 pm
Valued Member
United States
95 Posts
 Posted 08/03/2021  8:38 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Pmint1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I went in and got 2 S mint and 1 D with a lot of hassle. It took about 15 minutes. Then "to see if I could" I went back in to get another D. It literally stayed on the little square "processing" box that tells you not to reload or go back and stayed there froze for 2 hours before I shut it down. No confirmation email on that one of course.
Valued Member
United States
120 Posts
 Posted 08/03/2021  8:39 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add TheInfinityPoint to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
8:30PM EDT and still no order confirmation email on my part. Order history shows it's still "processing," anyone else not get a confirmation email and is still in processing?
Page: of 89 Previous TopicReplies: 1,332 / Views: 65,627Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.38 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05