Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

2021 Peace And Morgan Dollars!

First page | Previous Page | Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 1,494 / Views: 74,811Next Topic
Page: of 100
Bedrock of the Community
United States
11314 Posts
 Posted 08/03/2021  8:41 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CelticKnot to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I was one of those who had multiple errors: 20 minutes of gateway errors and "Page not found" when confirming order, but it eventually went through for 2 of each. Have the order confirmation and CC showed initial charge but no confirmation email. Given the number of problems I had, hope it delivers!

I also had 20 min of aggravation, having to go through the checkout process at least 10 times before I finally received an order confirmation.

Quote:
I got 3 of each and have been offered 3 more of each at $105 a piece. So I'll have a bit of inventory on them which is nice.

I would need to sell for more than a $20 each over retail; I'm assuming you have walk-ins that just want that smooth Jackson for 5 minutes of their time and a few mouse clicks.

Quote:
Seems like just about everyone was able to get what they wanted which is always good. IMO, the main difference why everyone was able to get them this time was the change from 10 to 3 on the HHL and not the site improvements. Still got the same multiple errors with multiple attempts. The Peace and two coin set are gonna be a crapshoot.

I agree on all points.
Edited by CelticKnot
08/03/2021 8:42 pm
Valued Member
United States
63 Posts
 Posted 08/03/2021  8:45 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add slappywhyte to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yes, the infiitypost, I received a confirmation email and it still shows processing on the Mint's Order page. I have not been having the problems others have over the last three or four must have releases but today I did. Multiple error codes when I did the final confirmation button. Finally picked up three of each at 12:16 just before they sold out. Hoping to swap out.

Valued Member
United States
176 Posts
 Posted 08/03/2021  8:47 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Raised on rock to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Congrats to everyone on getting their orders in.
Pillar of the Community
United States
4182 Posts
 Posted 08/03/2021  8:51 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I know a lot of people are complaining but a lot of us got the coin. Take as a fact of life the US Mint site will always have issues. Suck it up and deal with it. We all hate the mint as either the products are too expensive, the web site is super buggy and when ever there is a must have item the website will crush under the demand. It's all part of the process, you should at least be happy you didn't have to captcha them boats, bikes and hills like last time. Of the 4 must have items (2019 ,S-ERP, 2020 V75 ASE, Morgan CC and O and Morgan S and D,) I was able to get without paying the aftermarket premium. I know what to expect and I always go in with the assumption I won't get it and I'm happy when I do. Like a famous poster once said:

"Suck it up buttercup"
Valued Member
United States
429 Posts
 Posted 08/03/2021  11:36 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mellamobradley46 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I know what to expect and I always go in with the assumption I won't get it and I'm happy when I do.

That's the same attitude I have and it serves me well.
Valued Member
United States
63 Posts
 Posted 08/04/2021  01:14 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add slappywhyte to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Funny hacinto, for the first time I had the captcha. Hate that security feature. Trucks.
Pillar of the Community
United States
927 Posts
 Posted 08/04/2021  01:37 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add wyzeguy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
It's all part of the process, you should at least be happy you didn't have to captcha them boats, bikes and hills like last time.

I did. Twice. Airplanes.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
11314 Posts
 Posted 08/04/2021  01:42 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CelticKnot to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
bridges and motorcyles.
Pillar of the Community
United States
615 Posts
 Posted 08/04/2021  06:57 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add BamaBlue to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I got a "Click and Hold" button to prove I was a human... first time I've ever seen that.
Pillar of the Community
United States
2076 Posts
 Posted 08/04/2021  08:12 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add OldSkoolMadSkilz to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Had to resubmit my payment infornmation at least 10 times, but I finally got them. Hoping I can eventually trade one of each for a CC and O.
Valued Member
United States
176 Posts
 Posted 08/04/2021  09:08 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add EDM to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I got both confirmation emails from the Mint. I bought the S's first, which went fast, and the confirmation came by 3pm. I bought the D's second which took resubmitting about a dozen times before going through. Order # was about 100k different than the first one. Confirmation email came overnight.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1756 Posts
 Posted 08/04/2021  09:09 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Bret to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I got a "Click and Hold" button to prove I was a human... first time I've ever seen that.

I did too. The funny thing is that it didn't work twice. I just got sent back to the login page. The third time it must have been satisfied that I'm human because there was no click and hold button.
Valued Member
United States
404 Posts
 Posted 08/04/2021  09:24 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add psuman08 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
know a lot of people are complaining but a lot of us got the coin. Take as a fact of life the US Mint site will always have issues. Suck it up and deal with it. We all hate the mint as either the products are too expensive, the web site is super buggy and when ever there is a must have item the website will crush under the demand. It's all part of the process, you should at least be happy you didn't have to captcha them boats, bikes and hills like last time. Of the 4 must have items (2019 ,S-ERP, 2020 V75 ASE, Morgan CC and O and Morgan S and D,) I was able to get without paying the aftermarket premium. I know what to expect and I always go in with the assumption I won't get it and I'm happy when I do. Like a famous poster once said:

"Suck it up buttercup"

Sorry, I could not disagree more. I was able to get both coins, for that I am happy. I do not accept that we should accept that the mint website will be terrible. How many times and how much money have they spent telling us that it will be better? It can and should be fixed.

We should all expect a checkout process that does not include all the errors we have become accustomed to. If the mint cannot solve their issues, they need to change the way they market and sell their product.

Having purchased the O, CC, D & S, I will be very upset if I am not able to get a P and Peace next week.

On a separate note, did we ever learn why they are selling these months before they are available to ship? What is the difference between doing it now vs. doing it in October and actually fulfilling the order?
Pillar of the Community
United States
4182 Posts
 Posted 08/04/2021  09:40 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Sorry, I could not disagree more. I was able to get both coins, for that I am happy. I do not accept that we should accept that the mint website will be terrible. How many times and how much money have they spent telling us that it will be better? It can and should be fixed.

We should all expect a checkout process that does not include all the errors we have become accustomed to. If the mint cannot solve their issues, they need to change the way they market and sell their product.

Having purchased the O, CC, D & S, I will be very upset if I am not able to get a P and Peace next week.

On a separate note, did we ever learn why they are selling these months before they are available to ship? What is the difference between doing it now vs. doing it in October and actually fulfilling the order?

But you got your coins and the system worked, so why are you upset?

And honesty there are only 180K of the Peace and 167,500 of the P Morgan, if you don't get them you didn't get them, its not like your life will end. Look yes its a shiny metal disk, I would be "Dang, have to pay extra, or I'll trade one of my duplicates". There is no guarantees that any of us will get the coins, there is more demand than coins, some of us will lose out.

For me, yes it was frustrating but I ended up getting my orders. So in the end all is good.

How can the mint fix this, its easy, mint to demand, BUT then there is no upside. Why would anyone try to buy these if there is exactly as many as people wanted. The cost would never rise and these would be like the majority of mint products a losing proposition.

These products cause the website issues exactly because there are more people wanting them then available. Its actually good because there is an upside.

As to whether the mint cares about the "average" consumer, that has been established LONG ago that we don't really matter. The mint would rather sell to the large dealers and let them sell to us. Its much cheaper selling 20K Peace dollars to the 20 large dealers they use rather than 180K to the "average" consumer. I used to work for a EVP that said to me:

"Don't complain and expect change, because the change won't make your life any better, it will make person who had to hear the complaint life's better"

You want a better website process. OK, we'll sell to the large dealers you buy from them, we have no more website issues, the US mint website is now fixed.
Edited by hfjacinto
08/04/2021 09:47 am
Valued Member
United States
114 Posts
 Posted 08/04/2021  09:41 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Pmint1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
These Morgan's are the first time I've ordered from the mint in at least 40 years. Is it unusual for the mint to take orders now then ship months later?
I remember what seemed like an eternity for my brown box Ike's to come but I was a young impatient teen then. Now I'm a young impatient 60 some year old.
My biggest bad experience with the mint was getting a letter that the CC dollar I thought I bought from GSA sales wouldn't be coming because my offer wasn't enough.
Page: of 100 Previous TopicReplies: 1,494 / Views: 74,811Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.38 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05