Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

2021 Peace And Morgan Dollars!

First page | Previous Page | Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 1,313 / Views: 64,075Next Topic
Page: of 88
Learn More...
United States
103571 Posts
 Posted 08/04/2021  09:44 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Next Tuesday's bull rush is going to be madness... I wish the Mint would have split the issue of the P Morgan and the Peace dollar.
Pillar of the Community
United States
652 Posts
 Posted 08/04/2021  10:19 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coincollector123 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I use chrome as well and was in and done within the first 2 minutes. Got out with both coins. I don't think the browser is the problem, It is the source server (MINT's) it may also be the net speed at your location of the age/speed of the computer you are using.

The computer I use is hard wired to my network and is within 15 feet of my router/switch. Also the computer I use is strictly for coining and nothing else. This keeps malware and such to a minimum. I don't allow a huge amount of so called 'background apps' to be running when dealing with the Mint and their sales.

I was in and out in 2 min while my brother was finished in 15 min. We both have new modern Dell G5 and G15 with a 10th gen i7. My internet is a little worse than his where he lives. Both using SSD and Chrome. I usually have 30 tabs open. So I am not sure if that is anything to do with that.

Biggest difference is that my Mint profile is from 2012 while his is 2019.
Pillar of the Community
United States
3990 Posts
 Posted 08/04/2021  12:27 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
So who is ready to do this again in 6 days, 23 hours and 33 minutes?
Valued Member
United States
258 Posts
 Posted 08/04/2021  12:32 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add iontyre to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Weird. I initially got one Order processing message from the mint. Today I have two order confirmation emails, different order numbers, both for 4 coins (two each). If this is true, all the multiple attempts I had to make actually resulted in two successes. But somehow I have exceeded the 3 coin each limit!
Pillar of the Community
United States
3990 Posts
 Posted 08/04/2021  12:58 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Weird. I initially got one Order processing message from the mint. Today I have two order confirmation emails, different order numbers, both for 4 coins (two each). If this is true, all the multiple attempts I had to make actually resulted in two successes. But somehow I have exceeded the 3 coin each limit!

You weren't the only one, I got 2 orders in each for 1 S and 1 D but when I went to check I actually had 3 orders each for an S and D , so 3 S and 3 D. Lets see what happens. I think a lot of coins will go back for sale soon, seems like a lot of us had more coins than we expected.
Valued Member
United States
210 Posts
 Posted 08/04/2021  2:13 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Eagle4Life to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
If you struck out on getting the D and S, I was able to pick up the CC I missed out on two days after the initial release between 730 and 750AM ET (I think it came to backorder status around 747AM ET if I recall correctly). I figure they give one business day to ping credit cards and release any inventory back to the website for any orders with bad credit card information.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
11245 Posts
 Posted 08/04/2021  4:01 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CelticKnot to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:

I feel I have to now that I "have" the other 4.

Pillar of the Community
United States
610 Posts
 Posted 08/04/2021  4:05 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add BamaBlue to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:

Collecting coins has become a contact sport...
Edited by BamaBlue
08/04/2021 4:07 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
3036 Posts
 Posted 08/04/2021  4:15 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dearborn to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:

Well, I guess I have to as well seeing how I'm invested in the first 4 coins.

Soo, I'm breaking out my football gear and getting it all polished up for the coming 'main event'.
Learn More...
United States
103571 Posts
 Posted 08/04/2021  4:36 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I will get my game face on early that morning.
Pillar of the Community
United States
3990 Posts
 Posted 08/04/2021  4:59 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I've started working my mouse hand!

O_LPmo6MPug
Learn More...
United States
103571 Posts
Valued Member
United States
162 Posts
 Posted 08/04/2021  9:02 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Raised on rock to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I definitely want the Peace dollar. Will also go after the Morgan once I get the Peace dollar.
Valued Member
United States
230 Posts
 Posted 08/04/2021  10:42 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add carlp007 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I was watching a guy videoing his Morgan purchase. He had a very hard time getting his order in. I noticed that he had more than one web page signed onto the mint. He would switch back and forth and it was causing all types of problems. I used Google and had one web page open on the mint site to make my order. I didn't have any of the problems this guy was having.

Curious, how many had more than one page open, and didn't have problems ordering?
Pillar of the Community
United States
3036 Posts
 Posted 08/04/2021  11:17 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dearborn to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I have 2 monitors set up on my computer (A desk top) and using Chrome, I had one window opened up the the 'D' Morgan on one screen and on the other screen was a window open for the 'S' Morgan. On the first screen I kept hitting refresh until I saw the red buy button, I then moved over to the other screen and refreshed it. While that was refreshing, I moved back to the first screen hit the buy button then again on the second screen.

As the second screen was updating, I clicked 'checkout' on the first screen both coins came up and I finished the checkout process with no problems at all.. less than 2 minutes in all from start to finish
Page: of 88 Previous TopicReplies: 1,313 / Views: 64,075Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.41 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05