Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

2021 Peace And Morgan Dollars!

First page | Previous Page | Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 1,349 / Views: 67,116Next Topic
Page: of 90
Learn More...
United States
103978 Posts
 Posted 09/14/2021  4:55 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
...I asked about my CC Morgan order that was made with a card that has since expired... if there is a problem with the card they will send an e-mail like the one I got yesterday and they will be able to fix everything then.
Fantastic!
Pillar of the Community
United States
3783 Posts
 Posted 09/14/2021  8:56 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add KenKat to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Well this is a bummer. I was looking at my order for the American Silver Eagle Unciruclated W Mint from 9/3 and noticed that my order for the Peace dollar was showing as "Processing". However, when I click it, I can't see the details. I noticed in my email that I got the order received email but didn't get the confirmation email.

Just got off the phone with the mint and it looks like that order got cancelled.

My guess is that somehow the payment process itself failed as it's the same saved card as my two other good orders recently. She said I should have gotten an email with 48 hours to correct the payment but that never happened either.

I guess I was not destined to get one of the Peace dollars. Never been a huge fan of them so that's karma I guess.

Valued Member
United States
180 Posts
 Posted 09/14/2021  9:16 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add HappyHippo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I love Peace dollars. But didn't enjoy the frustrating process to get the 2021. It seems you should talk to the Mint again to find out what happened. We all have those coins sitting in "Backorder" status and fret about some technicality getting our orders cancelled too.
Pillar of the Community
United States
3783 Posts
 Posted 09/14/2021  10:43 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add KenKat to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
It seems you should talk to the Mint again to find out what happened. We all have those coins sitting in "Backorder" status and fret about some technicality getting our orders cancelled too.

Well, I did call them and they said it got cancelled or never placed. She couldn't even open the order even though she could see that it had existed at one point. I don't think there's anything they can probably do, I am sure the coin got released back and snapped up by someone. There's no coin available to send.

It's ok, I will live. Not important in the overall scheme of things.
Valued Member
United States
77 Posts
 Posted 09/15/2021  12:16 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add VictoryHighway to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Does anyone know if the mint is going to combine shipping on these?
Learn More...
United States
103978 Posts
 Posted 09/15/2021  12:31 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I guess I was not destined to get one of the Peace dollars. Never been a huge fan of them so that's karma I guess.
Bummer.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1748 Posts
 Posted 09/15/2021  2:23 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Bret to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Does anyone know if the mint is going to combine shipping on these?

That's highly doubtful. They don't even combine P and D Innovation dollar rolls enrollment purchases from the same day.
Learn More...
United States
103978 Posts
 Posted 09/15/2021  3:40 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I doubt it as well. My notification for satisfying the loyalty program seems to confirm it. If they combined shipping on the two silver dollar purchased I made then I would only be two thirds of the way there (the third purchase was the ASE reverse proof two coin set).
Valued Member
United States
52 Posts
 Posted 09/20/2021  12:25 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jaberwoke to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Does anyone happen to know how eBay handles all the presale 2021 Morgan/Peace dollar sales? Do they hold the payment until the items are shipped?

Just wondering as am curious as to see what happens when they start selling coins that are actually "in-hand" after shipping starts if some of the pre-orders can't be filled.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1087 Posts
 Posted 09/20/2021  3:35 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add machine20 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
They don't hold the payments. Sellers already have the money
Pillar of the Community
United States
660 Posts
 Posted 09/20/2021  3:58 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coincollector123 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Correct. Its already been paid for and its in the sellers wallets. Now if you or they cancel the pre order, then you will get your money back in full. But be careful of the situations where you bought low and they cancel so they can sell high. While that is what a business wants, Pre-order means you lock your price and the seller/buyer enters a contract. Unless there was a mistake in such cases the mint cancels your order or an issue with the receiving of the order, then there is no reason why the orders should be canceled.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1106 Posts
 Posted 09/21/2021  11:25 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add LibertyEagle20 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Is there any way to still get a 2021 Peace dollar? I haven't been collecting in several years so I missed it. My daughter turns 1 next month and a 2021 PD would be a nice gift to put away for her. Thank you.
Pillar of the Community
United States
4053 Posts
 Posted 09/21/2021  11:38 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Is there any way to still get a 2021 Peace dollar? I haven't been collecting in several years so I missed it. My daughter turns 1 next month and a 2021 PD would be a nice gift to put away for her. Thank you.

After they are released eBay, local coin shops. A few of us got extras to sell, so probably on here also.
Pillar of the Community
United States
918 Posts
 Posted 09/21/2021  11:53 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add wyzeguy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:

Also that's assuming they get shipped when they're supposed to. Remember these were a pre-sale and no one has them yet.
Pillar of the Community
United States
611 Posts
 Posted 09/21/2021  12:08 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add BamaBlue to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
We're getting close to October... has anyone heard when the Morgan's will begin shipping?

Page: of 90 Previous TopicReplies: 1,349 / Views: 67,116Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.39 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05