Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

2021 Peace And Morgan Dollars!

First page | Previous Page | Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 172 / Views: 10,298Next Topic
Page: of 12
Bedrock of the Community
United States
10895 Posts
 Posted 01/24/2021  3:06 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CelticKnot to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
The Act states that the Secretary of the Treasury must sell the coins at face value ($1?) plus the cost of minting, sales, and distribution.

Quote:
This seems pretty encouraging about the price. It sounds like we will be able to buy at cost plus a dollar. So maybe the price will be lower than some of the recent commemoratives. Does that sound reasonable?

I wouldn't hold my breath -- the language is very loose. You can squeeze a lot into "the cost of minting, sales, and distribution". I would expect pricing to be right on par with a commemorative.
Edited by CelticKnot
01/24/2021 3:07 pm
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
2658 Posts
 Posted 01/24/2021  6:27 pm  Show Profile   Check BigSilver's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add BigSilver to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I was thinking the same.
Edited by BigSilver
01/24/2021 6:27 pm
Learn More...
United States
97760 Posts
 Posted 01/25/2021  11:43 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
It would be cool if the mint did something like this:
Sign me up and take my money!
Pillar of the Community
United States
1314 Posts
 Posted 01/25/2021  1:20 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CollegeBarbers to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Some more details:

Coin World

5 different Morgans. P (no mint mark), D, S and Privy marks for Carson City and New Orleans.

1 Peace dollar (no mint mark)

Nothing about finishes though, so 6 coins at a minimum.

The Privy marks for Carson City and New Orleans make no sense for the Morgan dollars, since neither mint struck them (or were even operational) in 1921. One could argue it's because Morgan dollars were struck at those mints in the past, but by that same logic there were also Peace dollars struck at Denver and San Fransisco over the years yet there will only be one 2021 Peace dollar.
Pillar of the Community
United States
507 Posts
 Posted 01/25/2021  1:28 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coincollector123 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It might be more of experiment with privy marks for the US collector. Kinda sucks that Philadelphia is stuck with 3 extra coins but it makes sense as Phillidelphia sometimes doesn't have the mint mark which will allow it to be as close as possible to the current and the ability to put the O and CC where the mint mark would be.

I will be interested to see what kind of finishes they will make for the morgan and peace. Uncirculated, proof, reverse proof, enhanced. I will be sure to get all of them.
Pillar of the Community
United States
3244 Posts
 Posted 01/25/2021  1:33 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I collect Peace dollars so I'll get all Peace finishes, for Morgan I'm on the fence as to what I'll get but I'll probably get one of each.
Valued Member
United States
55 Posts
 Posted 01/25/2021  1:39 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add misfit to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I will be interested to see what kind of finishes they will make for the morgan and peace. Uncirculated, proof, reverse proof, enhanced. I will be sure to get all of them.

I'm interested to see what will be offered for finishes. I'm also scared, for my credit card.
Valued Member
United States
317 Posts
 Posted 02/25/2021  9:33 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add PNWType to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I'm also scared, for my credit card

me too I just want one of each and I'll be happy, so I'm hopeful they keep the price down
Valued Member
United States
113 Posts
 Posted 02/26/2021  10:38 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add EDM to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Has the Mint made public yet when the coins will be minted and what is the process for buying them? Will sales be open to the public equally or are the dealers going to buy all of them up first?
Pillar of the Community
United States
4199 Posts
 Posted 02/27/2021  12:11 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Greasy Fingers to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Oh boy, this year is going to be expensive...
I'm by no means a pro and will never claim to be...just my 2 cents
A smile costs nothing to give or receive....GF
If it's not hockey, it's not a sport
Valued Member
United States
424 Posts
 Posted 02/27/2021  12:32 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mrpapageorgio to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Very curious how this release will affect the pricing of the original peace/morgan dollars on the market, if any.
Edited by mrpapageorgio
02/27/2021 12:32 pm
Pillar of the Community
United Kingdom
1520 Posts
 Posted 02/28/2021  4:24 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add kena to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I think the release could attract some collectors to start buying some of the original Morgan and Peace dollars.
CCF member Member Since: 07/27/2008
Pillar of the Community
United States
1000 Posts
 Posted 03/01/2021  07:57 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dearborn to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I think that this is the year I go broke....
Collecting since 1972. Learning from then on

"Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn." -Benjamin Franklin
My Dansco 7070 type set coin count: 31/76
My Dansco 8176 Eisenhower set coin count: 36/36
Learn More...
United States
97760 Posts
 Posted 03/01/2021  11:13 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I think the release could attract some collectors to start buying some of the original Morgan and Peace dollars.
And with more collectors, comes higher prices. Much like how the Statehood Quarters tripled the value of my Washington quarter set.
Valued Member
United States
108 Posts
 Posted 03/02/2021  01:03 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add carlp007 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I am all in on these. I remember reading about this last year. I decided to complete my collection of 1921 Morgans and Peace dollar before the price sky rockets like mrpapageorgio suggested. I want a couple of each 2021 coin minted. I really hope to see a proof and maybe a reverse proof minted. How great would that be? Greasy Fingers I with you. This is going to be an expensive year with these coins and the ASE changes.
Page: of 12 Previous TopicReplies: 172 / Views: 10,298Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 1.05 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05