Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

2021 Peace And Morgan Dollars!

First page | Previous Page | Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 1,775 / Views: 82,949Next Topic
Page: of 119
Learn More...
United States
105068 Posts
 Posted 09/23/2021  3:57 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
If they continue this series in uncirculated versions, it will kill the value of these coins.
I have to agree.

Quote:
Now what would be neat is a W Morgan/Peace
Valued Member
United States
361 Posts
 Posted 09/23/2021  4:54 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Reno32 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
? I read a post stating that US mint was going to send out an email to the ones that had a problem with their credit card if so please reply.Thanks
Pillar of the Community
United States
3413 Posts
Valued Member
United States
128 Posts
 Posted 09/23/2021  8:09 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Pmint1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I would think if the mint continues the series it would enhance the value as the mintages are relatively low for such popular designs. The Morgan is maybe the most collected coin in the world so you have a lot of avid collectors who love Morgan and Peace dollars eagerly awaiting the chance to have more of them to collect . IMHO
Pillar of the Community
United States
994 Posts
 Posted 09/24/2021  07:49 am  Show Profile   Check omxfl's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add omxfl to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Got an email from a well-known coin dealer in NC yesterday:

Paying $1,020 Per 6 Coin Set or
$180 Per Coin For 2021 CC Privy Morgan dollars
$160 Per Coin For All Other 2021 Morgan dollars
$160 Per Coin For 2021 Peace dollars
Pillar of the Community
United States
675 Posts
 Posted 09/24/2021  1:33 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coincollector123 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Got an email from a well-known coin dealer in NC yesterday:

Paying $1,020 Per 6 Coin Set or
$180 Per Coin For 2021 CC Privy Morgan dollars
$160 Per Coin For All Other 2021 Morgan dollars
$160 Per Coin For 2021 Peace dollars

the P/D/S is a fair price for $160.
The CC and O is absurd and insulting, the Peace is a little low as its closer to $220 now (not sure why it increased as pre sale was $160 on ebay)

The 6 coin set is going for 1300-1600 right now on Ebay.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
11327 Posts
 Posted 09/24/2021  11:08 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CelticKnot to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Is that price guaranteed?

I have a set I will probably sell but it seems to me if you were willing to put the effort in to amassing a set (or more) with 3 separate marathon US Mint melee-athons, you are probably willing to maximize your dollars with patience and individual sales. Or are just a collector, like I am.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1219 Posts
 Posted 09/25/2021  09:39 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add BadDog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
The 2021 coins are likely to be the first of a new silver-dollar series should demand be sufficient. Mint Director David J. Ryder and his top officials have expressed a strong interest in continuing the program into 2022 and beyond, and they see the new silver dollars as a continuation of the original series.

From the article on the 2021 Morgan and Peace dollars in the Oct issue of The Numismatist.
Pillar of the Community
United States
3413 Posts
 Posted 09/25/2021  10:14 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dearborn to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Or are just a collector, like I am.

I'm just a collector, I just bought one of each. I'll keep them and treasure them and just before I die, I'll probably sell off my entire collection and take the proceeds, roll in the cash on the floor for a while, then shred it and have it placed in the cremation chamber with my body and burn it all up with me.
Just so nobody in my family will fight over it
Pillar of the Community
United States
877 Posts
 Posted 09/25/2021  10:53 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add JasonKflo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
my Philly Morgan still shows processing so I emailed the mint and they said order is confirmed. My others just say backorder.
Pillar of the Community
United States
3805 Posts
 Posted 09/25/2021  11:04 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add KenKat to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
my Philly Morgan still shows processing so I emailed the mint and they said order is confirmed. My others just say backorder.

This is the same as the situation described above for my Peace dollar. Mint says they've got the order but it also shows Processing like yours while the others say Backorder. So hoping this is a good sign!
Valued Member
United States
308 Posts
 Posted 09/25/2021  11:32 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add carlp007 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I'm just a collector, I just bought one of each. I'll keep them and treasure them and just before I die, I'll probably sell off my entire collection and take the proceeds, roll in the cash on the floor for a while, then shred it and have it placed in the cremation chamber with my body and burn it all up with me.

Valued Member
United States
218 Posts
 Posted 09/25/2021  11:59 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add livingwater to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Burn all the cash? You could melt all the coins and make them into a beautiful casket. Years ago Paul Harvey told a story about a dying man who made his wife promise she would put all his money in the casket so he could take it with him. She agreed. When he died she wrote him a check, put it in the casket with him. Don't think he ever cashed it!
Edited by livingwater
09/25/2021 12:50 pm
Valued Member
United States
199 Posts
 Posted 09/25/2021  5:11 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Corbe to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:

These are actual problems I've seen first hand, family fighting over a dead person's coin collection.
Valued Member
United States
413 Posts
 Posted 09/28/2021  09:24 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add psuman08 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I just wish they would ship them out. I'm tired of waiting.

Does anyone know if they have actually struck any?

Unless I missed it, I have not seen a first strike ceremony or PR.

You would think they would want a story on the news talking about striking "old west" silver dollars again.
Page: of 119 Previous TopicReplies: 1,775 / Views: 82,949Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.49 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05