Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

2021 Peace And Morgan Dollars!

First page | Previous Page | Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 1,494 / Views: 74,818Next Topic
Page: of 100
Valued Member
United States
240 Posts
 Posted 09/28/2021  10:16 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Eagle4Life to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It seems they have struck a few, psuman

https://www.coinworld.com/news/us-c...rom-u-s-mint

Pillar of the Community
Canada
606 Posts
 Posted 09/28/2021  10:29 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Cdncoins to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'm really hoping that the Morgan and Peace dollars don't become an annual addition to the US Mint's production calendar.
Valued Member
United States
240 Posts
 Posted 09/28/2021  10:47 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Eagle4Life to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
+1 Cdncoins - my wallet would not appreciate that.
Valued Member
United States
284 Posts
 Posted 09/28/2021  10:53 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add carlp007 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I'm really hoping that the Morgan and Peace dollars don't become an annual addition to the US Mint's production calendar.

I hope they continue, and mint a proof of each coin.
Valued Member
United States
404 Posts
 Posted 09/28/2021  12:12 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add psuman08 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks@Eagle4Life, I missed that.

I hope they mint a proof version of a Morgan and Peace next year. I don't think it should continue as an annual event. Make one time proofs to order during an open enrollment period.
Valued Member
United States
284 Posts
 Posted 09/28/2021  12:42 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add carlp007 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Oh, how about a reverse proof.
Learn More...
United States
104754 Posts
 Posted 09/28/2021  4:25 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I hope they continue, and mint a proof of each coin.

Quote:
Oh, how about a reverse proof.

They can continue, but I doubt I will; well, except for some hypothetical proof issues. I got the ones I got for type set purposes only.
Pillar of the Community
United States
4182 Posts
 Posted 09/28/2021  8:09 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Considering the debacle with processing of the current coins I reached out to the US Mint to ask if there was going to be a debacle on the Peace and Morgans and was told:

Kind of paraphrasing here:

"As we can't mail almost 1 million coins, we have started shipping these to the distributor to start packing them for shipment. All will be shipped around the same time."

I know it doesn't really say much but could the mint actually have thought about the debacle the Peace and Morgan can be if they can't ship 125k Reverse Proof coins?

Or am I being naive?
Pillar of the Community
United States
3327 Posts
 Posted 09/28/2021  8:13 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dearborn to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Years ago Paul Harvey told a story about a dying man who made his wife promise she would put all his money in the casket so he could take it with him. She agreed. When he died she wrote him a check, put it in the casket with him. Don't think he ever cashed it!

clever girl (woman)
Valued Member
United States
358 Posts
 Posted 09/28/2021  8:46 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add DrDarryl to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It's a 100th anniversary coin, not a 101st, 102nd, 103rd, and so and so forth, anniversary coin.

The Public law name is the "1921 Silver Dollar Coin Anniversary Act".

Another bill needs to be submitted and made into public law before the Secretary of the Treasury can authorize the Director of the Mint to manufacture a 2022 and beyond Morgan and/or Peace dollars.

https://www.congress.gov/116/plaws/...6publ286.pdf

Valued Member
United States
284 Posts
 Posted 09/29/2021  01:02 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add carlp007 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Another bill needs to be submitted and made into public law before the Secretary of the Treasury can authorize the Director of the Mint to manufacture a 2022 and beyond Morgan and/or Peace dollars.

I read this article in Coin World
https://www.coinworld.com/news/prec...nnual-series

"Mint Director David J. Ryder raised that possibility during a May 4 Microsoft Teams video conference with numismatic journalists.

The enabling legislation, the 1921 Silver Dollar Coin Anniversary Act, Public Law 116-286, grants the Mint authority to issue additional Morgan and Peace dollars dated 2022 and beyond as an ongoing series."

The law states:
"SEC. 5. ISSUANCE OF COINS.
The Secretary may issue coins minted under this Act beginning on January 1, 2021."

SEC. 4. DESIGN OF COINS.
(B) an inscription of the year of minting or issuance;
and

The law, 1921 Silver Dollar Coin Anniversary Act, does specify a completion date. In section 4 (B) the wording does not specify 2021 as the only date of mintage.

I read the laws for the State Quarters and the national site quarters. The laws specify when the mintage will start and end.

I am no Lawyer, but I do know that laws need to be specific. This does not have a specified end date.

Edited by carlp007
09/29/2021 11:53 am
Valued Member
United States
194 Posts
 Posted 09/29/2021  07:44 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add livingwater to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Interesting. Guess we'll have to wait til 2022 to find out if they will continue the new Morgan and Peace, maybe the last day of 2022 they will announce it.
Pillar of the Community
United States
4182 Posts
 Posted 09/29/2021  07:47 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'm hoping it continues but I'll only do the Peace dollars going forward.
Pillar of the Community
United States
670 Posts
 Posted 09/29/2021  09:29 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coincollector123 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
before I die, I'll probably sell off my entire collection and take the proceeds, roll in the cash on the floor for a while, then shred it and have it placed in the cremation chamber with my body and burn it all up with me.

That is where they deposit all your cash and just write you a personal check.
Pillar of the Community
United States
670 Posts
 Posted 09/29/2021  09:48 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coincollector123 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:

They said they are interested in continuing the coin series. I am not fond of the idea of continuing uncirculated Morgans/Peace. However I would love to get my hands on other finishes. Proof, Proof like, Reverse Proof, Enhanced Uncirculated, Enhanced Reverse Proof, or Enhanced Proof.
Page: of 100 Previous TopicReplies: 1,494 / Views: 74,818Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.39 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05