Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

2019 Canadian 5 Cent Coin

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 10 / Views: 449Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community

Canada
1956 Posts
 Posted 09/28/2020  8:45 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add rocky to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
here is a die chip on the number 5. the reason I show this coin. this will show you. this coin was struck by a die with a hole in it. I have also found a filler. that is being used by the mints. I now have this filler on 2 separate coins. it looks like harden steel here is the image of the die chip.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
8133 Posts
 Posted 09/28/2020  11:21 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add DBM to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Are you sure it's not a weld?
"Dipping" is not considered cleaning...
-from PCGS website
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
3206 Posts
 Posted 09/29/2020  07:44 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add okiecoiner to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Is that mark raised or recessed?
Pillar of the Community
Canada
960 Posts
 Posted 09/29/2020  08:22 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add johnnysprawl to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Are you sure it's not a weld?

Pillar of the Community
Canada
1956 Posts
 Posted 09/29/2020  8:46 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add rocky to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
i see DBM you see the weld as well cool. have a great one
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1956 Posts
 Posted 09/29/2020  9:14 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add rocky to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
here one for you guys.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1956 Posts
 Posted 09/29/2020  9:22 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add rocky to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
loonie doubling.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1956 Posts
 Posted 09/29/2020  9:26 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add rocky to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
okiecoiner that dot is raised with a Canadian coin press pressing at 100 m. there would be no dot raised. but that one is so hole in the die.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
3206 Posts
 Posted 09/30/2020  12:12 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add okiecoiner to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I wasn't talking about any dot. I was referring to the mark on the 5 ... raised or recessed?
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1956 Posts
 Posted 09/30/2020  7:39 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add rocky to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
okiecoiner its raised. you have a great one
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1956 Posts
 Posted 09/30/2020  9:43 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add rocky to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
triple punched N on the same coin with the chip.
  Previous TopicReplies: 10 / Views: 449Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.81 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05