Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Australian $2 Coin Collecting Mania And Prices

First page | Previous Page | Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 66 / Views: 5,038Next Topic
Page: of 5
Pillar of the Community
Canada
4321 Posts
 Posted 03/30/2021  5:28 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add oriole to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
This reminds me so much of what the Royal Canadian Mint has been doing for years. I apologize if our mint "infected" the RAM with coin madness.

However, the coin market here is quite different and most of circulation type special issues remain modestly priced even 20 years later. I have not heard of mass hoarding of some of the colorized coins.
Australia
3 Posts
 Posted 04/02/2021  12:56 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Melbguy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
How about these anyone able to help

Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
New Zealand
3163 Posts
 Posted 04/04/2021  04:35 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Princetane to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The Coronation coin, something I guess, the standard coin is nasty - Face value if you are lucky (Spend it)

Lest we forget - in that condition $2.31?
Coronation, its the most scarce, but yours is stained - so $25 - $50 I guess.
Loving Halfcrowns. British and Commonwealth coins 1750 - 1950 and anything Kiwi.
If it's round, shiny and silvery I will love it.
Pillar of the Community
Australia
3335 Posts
 Posted 04/04/2021  8:21 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add triggersmob to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I have seen good Coronation $2 coins selling in Facebook groups for $30.
If it had the C mintmark it would be a lot more.
I would agree with Tane on the Lest We Forget coin, $2 to $3.
The standard $2 coin is nothing special. Some people are under the
impression that if the designers initials (HH) are not shown, then
the coin is valuable. This is not the case, as initials were only
on the first 2 years anyway.

Steve :)
View my Coins here, (NOW WITH OVER 16,000 IMAGES).... http://www.coincommunity.org/galler...hp?cat=10048
OFEC count = 237
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
New Zealand
3163 Posts
 Posted 04/06/2021  11:44 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Princetane to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
My collection is now complete with these babies!

2013 Coronation $2 coins, a pair one great UNC, other barely so, great to have it and a spare.
Loving Halfcrowns. British and Commonwealth coins 1750 - 1950 and anything Kiwi.
Pillar of the Community
Australia
1880 Posts
 Posted 04/17/2021  10:35 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Mr T to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I've seen quite a few coloured $2 coins listed on Facebook recently though I haven't looked closely enough to see if they're selling.
Valued Member
Australia
205 Posts
 Posted 09/19/2021  12:45 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add MachinMachinMan to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
While adding some of the Tokyo olympic $2 to my set I realised that the complete set of circulating two dollar coins can no longer fit into a single 72 pocket sheet.

From 1988-2011 there were only 23 circulating $2 issued (all aboriginal elder). With the introduction of commemorative and coloured coins, 2012-2021 has seen another 50+ issued.

Goodness knows how big an album will be required over the coming years to keep up with this crazy $2 mania!
Bedrock of the Community
Australia
19252 Posts
 Posted 09/19/2021  10:54 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add sel_69l to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Taken out of circulation from pocket change only:
31 different designs (types) of Two Dollar colored coins.

When I get two examples of each, I return all triplicates back into circulation.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
New Zealand
3163 Posts
 Posted 09/20/2021  01:40 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Princetane to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That is so strange Machinmachin man, I have one of those cheapo VST albums that has 24 pocket pages and it has 7 of them. The album has printed spaces for coins up to 2018's Gold Coast Commonwealth Games.

Pretty much I have just added to it, and can keep spares on a blank page, happy as I will be good until about 2030 at least!

Adding 2019 to 2021 (Olympics and standard 2021 coin only, the Aboriginal themed coins will take out most of page 4!

But you are right, the first page of 24 coins conveniently goes up to 2010 (2 extra slots for the Maklouf and Broadley effigies! and the first coloured coins are in the top row of Page 2 (The plain rose and coloured rose).

If you include 3 coins for effigies (Maklouf, IRB and Clark), and also 2 x 2019 standard coins (IRB and Clark effigies) I have filled 76 spaces and with the 2 aboriginal coins - 78, although I heard the forces coin has been stopped - so space 78 will be the Parlaympics coin.
Edited by Princetane
09/20/2021 01:45 am
Valued Member
Australia
112 Posts
 Posted 09/20/2021  09:42 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add polarboy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The ambulance one is getting released on the 7th of November
Pillar of the Community
Australia
978 Posts
 Posted 09/20/2021  09:50 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coaster to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
The ambulance one is getting released on the 7th of November

I had 07 October written down as a reminder but not sure where I read that now?
Valued Member
Australia
112 Posts
 Posted 09/20/2021  11:50 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add polarboy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
No your right, October it is I am just wishing the year away apparently
Pillar of the Community
Australia
1880 Posts
 Posted 09/24/2021  07:04 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Mr T to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
There's an Ambulance $2 coming out? I guess I missed that - will it circulate?
Australia
21 Posts
 Posted 09/25/2021  04:08 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jens coins to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It will be the same as the Police and Firefighters released for circulation, but will be hard to get as no popup shops to get them.
Pillar of the Community
Australia
934 Posts
 Posted 09/26/2021  5:18 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add David Graham to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:

It will be the same as the Police and Firefighters released for circulation, but will be hard to get as no popup shops to get them.

I noodled plenty of Police coins (a bit scarce now) but have yet to see a single Firefighter coin in the wild.
Page: of 5 Previous TopicReplies: 66 / Views: 5,038Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.36 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: