Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Australian $2 Coin Collecting Mania And Prices

First page | Previous Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 36 / Views: 2,322Next Topic
Page: of 3
Pillar of the Community
Canada
4115 Posts
 Posted 03/30/2021  5:28 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add oriole to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
This reminds me so much of what the Royal Canadian Mint has been doing for years. I apologize if our mint "infected" the RAM with coin madness.

However, the coin market here is quite different and most of circulation type special issues remain modestly priced even 20 years later. I have not heard of mass hoarding of some of the colorized coins.
Australia
3 Posts
 Posted 04/02/2021  12:56 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Melbguy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
How about these anyone able to help

Pillar of the Community
New Zealand
2492 Posts
 Posted 04/04/2021  04:35 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Princetane to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The Coronation coin, something I guess, the standard coin is nasty - Face value if you are lucky (Spend it)

Lest we forget - in that condition $2.31?
Coronation, its the most scarce, but yours is stained - so $25 - $50 I guess.
Loving Halfcrowns. British and Commonwealth coins 1750 - 1950 and anything Kiwi.
If it's round, shiny and silvery I will love it.
Pillar of the Community
Australia
2934 Posts
 Posted 04/04/2021  8:21 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add triggersmob to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I have seen good Coronation $2 coins selling in Facebook groups for $30.
If it had the C mintmark it would be a lot more.
I would agree with Tane on the Lest We Forget coin, $2 to $3.
The standard $2 coin is nothing special. Some people are under the
impression that if the designers initials (HH) are not shown, then
the coin is valuable. This is not the case, as initials were only
on the first 2 years anyway.

Steve :)
View my Coins here, (NOW WITH OVER 15,000 IMAGES).... http://www.coincommunity.org/galler...hp?cat=10048
OFEC count = 237
Pillar of the Community
New Zealand
2492 Posts
 Posted 04/06/2021  11:44 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Princetane to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
My collection is now complete with these babies!

2013 Coronation $2 coins, a pair one great UNC, other barely so, great to have it and a spare.
Loving Halfcrowns. British and Commonwealth coins 1750 - 1950 and anything Kiwi.
If it's round, shiny and silvery I will love it.
Pillar of the Community
Australia
1742 Posts
 Posted 04/17/2021  10:35 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Mr T to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I've seen quite a few coloured $2 coins listed on Facebook recently though I haven't looked closely enough to see if they're selling.
Page: of 3 Previous TopicReplies: 36 / Views: 2,322Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.23 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05
New