Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

2020-S ASE October 13th

First page | Previous Page | Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 110 / Views: 5,218Next Topic
Page: of 8
Pillar of the Community
United States
811 Posts
 Posted 10/20/2020  07:44 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add wyzeguy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It's available again this morning. Picked up a couple more as gifts.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1609 Posts
 Posted 10/20/2020  09:19 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Bret to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Low mintage expensive packaging ...

I'd like to say that the packaging doesn't matter, but some are all about buying in a specific packaging and then sending the purchase to a 3rd party grading service so they can label the coin as being from a specific package.
Pillar of the Community
United States
949 Posts
 Posted 10/20/2020  11:04 am  Show Profile   Check omxfl's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add omxfl to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Oct18 sales figure is 199,997. I'd say they're gone (I didn't buy any).

But at $73 how much upside potential is there? Last year's Pride of Two Nations had half the mintage and is not going anywhere - right now at least.
Valued Member
United States
97 Posts
 Posted 10/20/2020  11:57 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Eagle4Life to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I received mine in the mail today and a little bit miffed there is a small dark spot on the rim. But I guess I can't exchange it since it's sold out.
Learn More...
United States
92103 Posts
 Posted 10/20/2020  12:10 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I received mine in the mail today and a little bit miffed there is a small dark spot on the rim. But I guess I can't exchange it since it's sold out.
Ouch, but better on the rim that right in the middle of the field.
Valued Member
United States
97 Posts
 Posted 10/20/2020  12:57 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Eagle4Life to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Here is the dark spot I mentioned above. This is at 5x zoom on my phone camera.

Pillar of the Community
United States
949 Posts
 Posted 10/20/2020  1:09 pm  Show Profile   Check omxfl's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add omxfl to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
^
Not pretty and poor QA given the huge markup you paid. It looks almost like oxidation.
Valued Member
United States
387 Posts
 Posted 10/20/2020  2:31 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mellamobradley46 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
SO, if they sold out all the 200,000 ASE S mints that are on the mintage limit, and they are to be in the LESPS, then either they are going to break that limit or they are going to do a special coin. Maybe the new reverse? Maybe a privy mark or different finish?
Valued Member
United States
97 Posts
 Posted 10/20/2020  2:42 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Eagle4Life to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
^^The mint website doesn't give the specs so they could use W's in LESPS. Maybe not, since the title says San Francisco. Who knows...
Edited by Eagle4Life
10/20/2020 2:44 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
811 Posts
 Posted 10/20/2020  3:21 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add wyzeguy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
SO, if they sold out all the 200,000 ASE S mints that are on the mintage limit, and they are to be in the LESPS, then either they are going to break that limit or they are going to do a special coin. Maybe the new reverse? Maybe a privy mark or different finish?

That's what I was wondering as well. My first thought was they were going to increase the limit but isn't the mintage written into the law? I could be wrong. Can't exactly recall what others have mentioned about what can or can't be done without legislative approval.
Pillar of the Community
United States
811 Posts
 Posted 10/20/2020  3:30 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add wyzeguy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Here is the dark spot I mentioned above

Like omxfl said that's quite a bummer given the circumstances (price increase, last year of design, possibly not replaceable). Have you tried calling the Mint to see if getting it replaced is an option? They may have extras specifically made just for this purpose. You may also want to check every morning to see if they go back on sale like they did today. You can buy it again and then return your first one.
Edited by wyzeguy
10/20/2020 3:40 pm
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
4892 Posts
 Posted 10/20/2020  3:51 pm  Show Profile   Check Foxwoods Man's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Foxwoods Man to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Don't forget to add the 440 rolls of 40 S proofs to the 199,997 single proofs....and add the LESPS...

This is just getting way out there for a 200k limit coin
Learn More...
United States
92103 Posts
 Posted 10/20/2020  5:39 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Here is the dark spot I mentioned above. This is at 5x zoom on my phone camera.
Not pretty at all.
Czech Republic
2 Posts
 Posted 10/20/2020  6:35 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Karelsche to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I have seen a video on youtube where the guy mentioned the fact that the product limit is 200k but there is no limit on enrollments. He called the mint and they told him 200k limit was only for the first day of sale. But they will sell more (if orders come and production capacity allows).
Pillar of the Community
United States
1609 Posts
 Posted 10/20/2020  6:45 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Bret to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'm highly confident that the information in that video is not correct. They would not have set the limit below the number of enrollments.
Page: of 8 Previous TopicReplies: 110 / Views: 5,218Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 1.14 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05