Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

2020-S ASE October 13th

First page | Previous Page | Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 110 / Views: 5,257Next Topic
Page: of 8
Pillar of the Community
United States
816 Posts
 Posted 10/20/2020  7:56 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add wyzeguy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Don't forget to add the 440 rolls of 40 S proofs to the 199,997 single proofs.

What 440 rolls are you referring to Fox?
Pillar of the Community
United States
6662 Posts
 Posted 10/21/2020  12:33 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Earle42 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I swear the mint hates me.

OK - I ordered one 202 S ASE. IMMEDIATELY after hitting the confirmation button, I said to myself, "You dummy...this is the S and not the W."

No problem. Or so I thought.

Confirmation email came almost immediately.
The next moment I was typing a message to the customer service email address from the website asking to cancel the order. I also responded to the confirmation email to cancel.

I let 24 hours go by. No response.

Logged in and saw the order is marked as "processing." Got onto live chat. Chat rep., Eric, says sorry the email was not answered, and we cannot cancel the order now despite your emailing us immediately.

Eric said there was just no way to cancel the order. Eric also informed me that I can just return the coin after I receive it.

I nicely tell Eric, having dealt with the mint CS extensively before, that I knew otherwise.

The order COULD be cancelled since it was marked as "processing" and not "shipped." I also said I was not happy just returning the package since I then would be forced to pay shipping for them not allowing me to cancel.

I asked Eric just HOW to cancel an order since my response had been immediate, and Now, just 24 hours later after contacting them, I was being told it was too late? Eric informed me he did not have an answer and to call 1800USAMINT.

Before I made the call, I thought, "Hold it! The order is marked as "processing," so go the back door route instead."

Sure enough, Paypal had the payment in my account listed pending and not yet collected. Simple. Hit <cancel payment>. Paypal screen tells me the payment has been cancelled.

...Forgot to screenshot - I guess I am getting old?

I THEN called 1800USAMINT. The CS rep said he COULD cancel it, and he was not sure why Eric said there was no way to cancel the order. I gave the CS rep. the info. The rep, said the order was cancelled. I then told the CS rep. the payment had been cancelled anyway.
CD Rep: "OK, Is there anything else I can do for you.....<spiel ends>."

So....
I a day later I get an email form the mint that the order has been shipped, and I am provided with a tracking number!

I again email the mint through their "contact us" email and ask what in the world is going on since before the order was marked as shipped, their CS rep. told me he had cancelled the order!

I also told them I want an answer as to how in the world they got around the cancelled Paypal payment (scary in my opinion)?

No email reply.

The package came today.

So do I write "refuse" on the package, and put it back in the mail...possibly having them only refund the purchase price so I am still stuck with postage for their errors?

Or...since I see where the coin sold out pretty quickly, do I just ignore being a victim of their you-WILL-NOT-cancel-or-you-WILL-PAY-shipping game and keep the coin hoping it will retain value?

This is not the first time the mint has messed with me. I went through a horribly long ordeal with them on the 2011 special addition ASE sets that is all well documented on this forum. I also had trouble with them in 2012 and 2013.

http://goccf.com/t/265548#2244266
http://goccf.com/t/97508&whichpage=49#858447

That last link is actually a link to one of many in this long thread.

- When I value " being right" more than what IS right, I am then right...a fool.
- How much squash could a Sasquatch squash if a Sasquatch would squash squash?
- Prosp long and liver.
Pillar of the Community
United States
816 Posts
 Posted 10/21/2020  07:19 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add wyzeguy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Were you charged for it after you cancelled payment thru PayPal?
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
4892 Posts
 Posted 10/21/2020  07:41 am  Show Profile   Check Foxwoods Man's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Foxwoods Man to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
What 440 rolls are you referring to Fox?

Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
4892 Posts
 Posted 10/21/2020  07:46 am  Show Profile   Check Foxwoods Man's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Foxwoods Man to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Ok...REALLY getting weird now. I just put 50 in my "bag" with no issues....removed them of course
Pillar of the Community
United States
949 Posts
 Posted 10/21/2020  08:45 am  Show Profile   Check omxfl's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add omxfl to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Still more than 99 left. This must be the grading rejects from the big boys...
Valued Member
United States
97 Posts
 Posted 10/21/2020  09:09 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Eagle4Life to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I was the one with the black spot on the rim and just ordered another one to see if it turns out better and will return the bad one.
Pillar of the Community
United States
949 Posts
 Posted 10/21/2020  09:38 am  Show Profile   Check omxfl's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add omxfl to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
...and gone again - until tomorrow. :)
Valued Member
United States
97 Posts
 Posted 10/21/2020  09:47 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Eagle4Life to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Wow it must have dumb luck that I randomly checked when I did!
Pillar of the Community
United States
816 Posts
 Posted 10/21/2020  11:33 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add wyzeguy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Mine went from Memphis to Kansas on Monday and hasn't moved since. Let the snail mail process begin ughh
Learn More...
United States
92152 Posts
Valued Member
United States
264 Posts
 Posted 10/21/2020  3:13 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Reno32 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
this the worst coin I have ever receive from the minted,it have a finger print on the coin.On the the right side,photo not that good.

Learn More...
United States
92152 Posts
 Posted 10/21/2020  3:19 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
this the worst coin I have ever receive from the minted,it have a finger print on the coin.On the the right side,photo not that good.
That is terrible.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1610 Posts
 Posted 10/21/2020  3:21 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Bret to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yes, terrible. Perhaps the mint can figure out who did it and give them a proper floggin'.
Learn More...
United States
92152 Posts
 Posted 10/21/2020  3:33 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Perhaps the mint can figure out who did it and give them a proper floggin'.
Page: of 8 Previous TopicReplies: 110 / Views: 5,257Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.84 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05