Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Nov 5th 2020 75th Anniversary Gold Silver Coins

First page | Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 432 / Views: 17,546Next Topic
Page: of 29
Pillar of the Community
United States
816 Posts
 Posted 10/26/2020  6:22 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add wyzeguy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
What prices are they going for and have any sold?
Pillar of the Community
United States
1222 Posts
 Posted 10/27/2020  11:11 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Big-Kingdom to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I've come to the conclusion based on current events that I am passing on this silver eagle. There's too much unknown with the economy and with the prices being pushed up by the mint, I don't see a 75K mintage coin as something I absolutely have to have that will be a big winner in the long run when I should be saving in case I find myself unemployed with this whole mess and no end in sight to it. I think when the "hotness" wears off this coins going to sell for less than the mint's offering price, like the 2016-W American Eagle 30th Anniversary silver dollar with the edge lettering, sold by the mint for $53.95, you can pick one up for $35 and graded examples for $50 off ebay without much trouble. people still trying to recover the full mint price. yeah the mintage was more on the 2016-W by a lot, but I can't see this being a home run, not when it's gonna be AT LEAST $73.00, and more likely $80+ for an ounce of silver.

the secondary market for this thing I think is going to crash and burn. Mayyybe it sells for double the mint price in the long term, but I'm kinda doubting even that. in the end it's a W proof, like the one they released on Jan 9th, except with a privy mark stamped into it.

Yeah mintage is "lower" but it's not exactly "low". I'm not as hot about it anymore with the price increases really.... but I suppose if you are a completist, you gotta have em all!

So I'll be sitting this one out. and it's due to economic uncertainty and the mint's price increases.

They also turned me off on the annual mint set but that's a different topic.... $25.25 for $5.82 face and no unique coin, that's some markup right there I guess we pay for the 213K product limit although theres no mintage limit.... I dunno about any of this anymore, but if the banks are tightening up, and the mint's pulling a cash grab, I think I should be also.
Pillar of the Community
United States
816 Posts
 Posted 10/27/2020  11:40 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add wyzeguy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
when I should be saving in case I find myself unemployed with this whole mess and no end in sight to it.

This hobby is cool and all but for anyone who has this concern this should definitely be your priority.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
10717 Posts
 Posted 10/29/2020  11:51 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CelticKnot to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Regardless of the price, I'm definitely buying this ASE (if the web site cooperates), and perhaps next year's if they do indeed have the new design. But after that... these prices are getting tough to handle. As B-K said, it's probably more cost-effective to get them slabbed from the 2ndary market at this point.

It's just mentally difficult to make that switch since I've been a buyer/collector for so long.

Quote:
...when I should be saving in case I find myself unemployed with this whole mess and no end in sight to it.

Quote:
This hobby is cool and all but for anyone who has this concern this should definitely be your priority.

TRUTH. I'm fortunate to be currently employed but who knows what the future holds.
Edited by CelticKnot
10/29/2020 11:56 pm
Learn More...
United States
92401 Posts
 Posted 10/30/2020  11:45 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I'm fortunate to be currently employed but who knows what the future holds.
Same. Coin purchases being at the bottom of my budget is a cautious necessity. I have said before, I am thankful for all the money not spent on gasoline and lunches this year.
Pillar of the Community
United States
816 Posts
 Posted 11/01/2020  7:31 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add wyzeguy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
So looking at the Mints pricing chart , it looks like the gold coin will sell for $2600. Did anyone get a different price point?
United States
24 Posts
 Posted 11/04/2020  2:16 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add pilotaggie to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Price just went up on the gold 2600 even.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
10717 Posts
 Posted 11/04/2020  8:48 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CelticKnot to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Ouch. That's a lot of coin for a little bit of gold.
Valued Member
United States
398 Posts
 Posted 11/05/2020  09:34 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add JasonKflo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
fingers crossed on the silver , I am not gold rich so passing on that one
Learn More...
United States
92401 Posts
 Posted 11/05/2020  10:22 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Today is the day. I trust all are ready. Logged in with the product page pulled up (and refreshed every few minutes to stay logged in). Has your payment option been verified?
United States
26 Posts
 Posted 11/05/2020  11:02 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jason2232 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
actually going to try to get the Gold for the $6k flip but My problem is if I get it I will not have the courage to let it go lol

but will be happy with the silver proof
Valued Member
United States
388 Posts
 Posted 11/05/2020  11:05 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mellamobradley46 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I am going to try to not get disappointed since I know that these will probably be snatched up by bots in a second, but I will try to get one the honest way. If not successful, I will keep trying for a silver dollar one.
Valued Member
United States
235 Posts
 Posted 11/05/2020  11:53 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jason39305 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
the website is already crashing....ugh
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
10717 Posts
 Posted 11/05/2020  11:54 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CelticKnot to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Site is working ok for me... so far.

Spoke too soon... "Oops, something went wrong."
Edited by CelticKnot
11/05/2020 11:59 am
Valued Member
United States
235 Posts
 Posted 11/05/2020  12:05 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jason39305 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Now I'm repeatedly being asked if I'm human.
Page: of 29 Previous TopicReplies: 432 / Views: 17,546Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.89 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05