Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Nov 5th 2020 75th Anniversary Gold Silver Coins

First page | Previous Page | Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 453 / Views: 20,845Next Topic
Page: of 31
Learn More...
United States
94433 Posts
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1001 Posts
 Posted 11/19/2020  9:47 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add GMS5 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
My ASE V75 is on it's way back to me from NGC, I did not peek at the grade as I will be doing a youtube video for the grade unboxing. Should have it in hand tomorrow or Monday. Will post it when in hand.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
10766 Posts
 Posted 11/19/2020  10:12 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CelticKnot to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
My ASE V75 is on it's way back to me from NGC, I did not peek at the grade as I will be doing a youtube video for the grade unboxing.

Edited by CelticKnot
11/19/2020 10:13 pm
Learn More...
United States
94433 Posts
 Posted 11/20/2020  09:48 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
My ASE V75 is on it's way back to me from NGC, I did not peek at the grade as I will be doing a youtube video for the grade unboxing. Should have it in hand tomorrow or Monday. Will post it when in hand.
Excellent!
Valued Member
United States
377 Posts
 Posted 11/20/2020  1:59 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mrpapageorgio to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Mine is now listed as "Grading/quality control". I'm optimistic they're trying to get these done and out of their hands before the holiday.
Edited by mrpapageorgio
11/20/2020 2:03 pm
Learn More...
United States
94433 Posts
 Posted 11/20/2020  2:56 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Mine is now listed as "Grading/quality control". I'm optimistic they're trying to get these done and out of their hands before the holiday.
Fantastic!
Valued Member
United States
87 Posts
 Posted 11/20/2020  4:23 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add bcuda to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I just got my Silver ASE in the mail today.

Opinions please should I send it off to get graded ?
Edited by bcuda
11/20/2020 4:24 pm
United States
27 Posts
 Posted 11/20/2020  5:01 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add pilotaggie to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
My silver ASE looks really good and I am going to keep it. I have very few graded coins and won't be grading this one.
Valued Member
United States
377 Posts
 Posted 11/22/2020  12:04 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mrpapageorgio to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Not exactly on the topic of coins but to share my shopping experience the Mint could adopt for future high profile items. Best Buy released limited quantities this morning of the new PlayStation and Xbox (let's just say I'm gonna be the best Godfather ever due to the PS5). What Best Buy did was similar to a virtual waiting room in which you get to the product page and click add to cart which then did what I'm assuming was a browser check. The button then turned grey and said "Please wait". If you were selected, the button would turn back yellow saying "Add to Cart" or would change to "Sold Out" if not (I don't know if the selection was random or in order).

Once you had it in your cart it was reserved to you for a certain period. You had to have an account (whether existing or creating one to complete the purchase). Not only that, once you logged in or created an account they sent a code to your email to perform 2 Factor Authentication, which appears to keep the bots away.

Aside from the random release time, it was a very smooth process and stress free once it was in the cart (main stress was waiting to see if the button turned yellow to allow me to add to cart). The site did not crash at all and I didn't have to keep refreshing the page like a maniac because of an error page like the Mint's site. Modified Virtual waiting room managed the load and the required 2FA made it hard for the bots to work. Mint should consider something like that on future high profile items.
Edited by mrpapageorgio
11/22/2020 2:23 pm
Valued Member
United States
59 Posts
 Posted 11/22/2020  1:17 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Corbe to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Did anyone else get the snail mail USMint holiday flyer advertising End of WWII V75 product on the very first page, what a poke in the eye.

Quote:
Not only that, once you logged in or created an account they sent a code to your email to perform 2 Factor Authentication, which appears to keep the bots away.

I like that, except require a text message. Email addresses are dime a thousand.
Edited by Corbe
11/22/2020 5:43 pm
Valued Member
United States
377 Posts
 Posted 11/22/2020  6:26 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mrpapageorgio to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I like that, except require a text message. Email addresses are dime a thousand.

It was either/or. Phone numbers are also a dime a dozen with VOIP but the extra step made it more difficult because it requires the bot (if it has that capability) to pull up an email, read, recognize, and enter the code. I don't know how many have that ability to process an order and be programmed to look into an email for a code, but at the very least would require more computing power which would slow them down.
Edited by mrpapageorgio
11/22/2020 10:02 pm
Learn More...
United States
94433 Posts
 Posted 11/23/2020  10:54 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I don't know how many have that ability to process an order and be programmed to look into an email for a code, but at the very least would require more computing power which would slow them down.
I agree. First line of defense is to raise the cost of entry and/or slow them down.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1001 Posts
 Posted 11/24/2020  09:26 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add GMS5 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Okay, as promised here is my quick NGC grade result video for my 2020 V75 ASE.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rhUXjTRPiew

Pillar of the Community
United States
2930 Posts
 Posted 11/24/2020  09:57 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I still don't understand why grade these coins. They are selling for around $400, by the time you add the grading fees the fast shipment and everything else, the profit is like $100 (when you add in Ebay selling fees). I sold mine for $430 and had no issues. I made almost $350 profit on the one I sold. I took it out of the box and got cash and a trade with no other fees.
Valued Member
United States
391 Posts
 Posted 11/24/2020  6:13 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add NumisEd to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The Chinese counterfeiters are going to jump on this like a humongous swarm of locusts. Expect a Biblical flood of fake 75th Anniversary Gold and Silver Eagles inundating the US. Many on eBay will fall for it.
Edited by NumisEd
11/24/2020 6:14 pm
Page: of 31 Previous TopicReplies: 453 / Views: 20,845Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 1.88 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05