Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Nov 5th 2020 75th Anniversary Gold Silver Coins

First page | Previous Page | Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 454 / Views: 20,999Next Topic
Page: of 31
Pillar of the Community
United States
825 Posts
 Posted 11/24/2020  7:32 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add wyzeguy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Okay, as promised here is my quick NGC grade result video for my 2020 V75 ASE.

Very nice!! Enjoy watching these unboxing vids and knowing it was someone's from this community made it even more enjoyable. Mine just arrived at NGC today so will be a while before I get it back. Thanks for posting and sharing the link.

Really curious how these end up being graded. I imagine with all the COVID madness QC took a hit as well. The second coin I got has a smudge on the reverse over one of the "T"'s. Still kept it though since a replacement wouldn't be possible.
Pillar of the Community
United States
825 Posts
 Posted 11/24/2020  7:39 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add wyzeguy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I still don't understand why grade these coins.

To each their own. Collect what you like and do with it as you like. I thought it was cool that he didn't peek and learned of the grade as he was shooting the vid.
Valued Member
United States
59 Posts
 Posted 11/24/2020  8:55 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Corbe to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Reality USMINT-TV: Watch as contestants are abused with basketball coins, Ag increases, PF-69, CV-19, lack of stock and cancellations!

Learn More...
United States
94599 Posts
 Posted 11/25/2020  09:38 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
To each their own. Collect what you like and do with it as you like. I thought it was cool that he didn't peek and learned of the grade as he was shooting the vid.

Quote:
Reality USMINT-TV: Watch as contestants are abused with basketball coins, Ag increases, PF-69, CV-19, lack of stock and cancellations!
Pillar of the Community
United Kingdom
1506 Posts
 Posted 11/25/2020  11:05 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add kena to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
My V75 ASE arrived safe and sound to me today in England after its brief visit to my brother in Florida.
CCF member Member Since: 07/27/2008
Learn More...
United States
94599 Posts
 Posted 11/25/2020  11:57 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
My V75 ASE arrived safe and sound to me today in England after its brief visit to my brother in Florida.
Excellent!
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Germany
605 Posts
 Posted 11/26/2020  03:39 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add redlock to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:

Wow, that was fast.
Valued Member
United States
379 Posts
 Posted 12/01/2020  1:06 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mrpapageorgio to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Went to check the status and saw my 2 ASEs were graded. I'll let you look at the finished products.

Very happy at least one came back 70. That one will stay in the collection, the other will get sold once it arrives. Says it shipped today so I'm guessing the "invoice" will come later today with the tracking number.

Edit: Here's the high res photos

Edited by mrpapageorgio
12/01/2020 5:47 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
1655 Posts
 Posted 12/01/2020  2:52 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Bret to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
mrpapageorgio, when you get them back, let us know if you can see why one was graded a 70 and the other was graded a 69.

The price for the V75 ASE's in OGP on eBay seems to now be in the high $300 to low $400 range.
Learn More...
United States
94599 Posts
 Posted 12/01/2020  4:27 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Went to check the status and saw my 2 ASEs were graded. I'll let you look at the finished products. Very happy at least one came back 70. That one will stay in the collection...
Excellent!
Valued Member
United States
82 Posts
 Posted 12/02/2020  3:38 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add msl2196 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
when you get them back, let us know if you can see why one was graded a 70 and the other was graded a 69

I would be curious about this as well. I've never exactly grasped this distinction either, despite being generally able to competently guess things in the 62-67ish range.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
5766 Posts
 Posted 12/02/2020  7:51 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add westernsky to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The 69 or 70 game is based on percentages in my opinion.

100 "perfect" coins will not receive perfect 70 grades. Out of 100 coins sent in you might be lucky to get 10 to score the lofty 70. The rest will be 68's and 69's.

It's a game that is not played in your favor by grading companies.

Others may have a different opinion. I respect that.

Learn More...
United States
94599 Posts
 Posted 12/03/2020  2:31 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I have to agree. I cannot tell the different between a 69 or a 70 myself, so I naturally wonder who can. I do not doubt there may be people who can tell, I am just not one of them.
Valued Member
United States
379 Posts
 Posted 12/07/2020  11:44 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mrpapageorgio to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Some were asking; I think I may have found why they made it a 69. If you look on the bottom right of the eagle on the reverse, there looks to either be some sort of scuff or debris that is stuck on the coin where on the 70 it isn't there.

See bottom right just under the initials

Compared to not being present in the 70.
Learn More...
United States
94599 Posts
Page: of 31 Previous TopicReplies: 454 / Views: 20,999Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 1.7 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05