Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

2020 Holiday Exchange - Secret Santa

First page | Previous Page | Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 380 / Views: 18,007Next Topic
Page: of 26
Bedrock of the Community
United States
2,723 Posts
 Posted 12/04/2020  03:26 am  Show Profile   Check SilverCents's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add SilverCents to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Ah sorry I forgot to mention, older US coinage from the early 1900s and the 1800s are also something I strive to get with time.

But in the end, I'm grateful for anything and everything. Just wanted to open my spectrum a bit because I know some collectors don't have specific sections of coinage. Whatever makes it easier for them.
"Life is like a box of chocolates, you never know what you're gonna get." - Forrest Gump
The light shall never be engulfed by the flames of darkness. Even though night may devour, brightness shines, never defeated.
Enjoy the simplicities of life.
Edited by SilverCents
12/04/2020 03:31 am
Learn More...
United States
30,914 Posts
 Posted 12/04/2020  11:37 am  Show Profile   Check nss-52's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add nss-52 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Is there a "when to open" rule?

I'm in favor of opening upon receipt.
Show your appreciation for the Coin Community Family (click here)
Learn More...
United States
14,111 Posts
 Posted 12/04/2020  12:32 pm  Show Profile   Check rggoodie's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add rggoodie to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It is up to you
rggoodie
aka Richard
"catch em doing something right"
Learn More...
United States
14,111 Posts
 Posted 12/05/2020  06:37 am  Show Profile   Check rggoodie's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add rggoodie to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Santa has been informed that there is much activity going on with many mail and package carriers.

Stand by

The exchanges are about to happen

Bedrock of the Community
United States
4,599 Posts
 Posted 12/05/2020  10:48 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add merclover to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I completely forgot about the exchange for this year... am I too late? Maybe at least put on a waiting list? (please? )

Edit: I know, rules are rules... I'll try to remember next year (Christmas is getting earlier and earlier very year!)

Have fun & Merry Christmas everyone!

ša va bien aller

Edited by merclover
12/06/2020 12:09 am
Bedrock of the Community
United States
2,723 Posts
 Posted 12/07/2020  01:23 am  Show Profile   Check SilverCents's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add SilverCents to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Ah I'm really sorry about that Merclover.

If I was in the States I would send you something but sadly the US Government only lets us send one package per month.
"Life is like a box of chocolates, you never know what you're gonna get." - Forrest Gump
The light shall never be engulfed by the flames of darkness. Even though night may devour, brightness shines, never defeated.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
935 Posts
 Posted 12/07/2020  02:01 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add That coin dude to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Same here, same problem. I was going to do this, but I got caught up with birthday packages so I couldn't.
Keep track of your collection: https://en.ucoin.net/?ref=Ux0E0if

My collection: https://en.ucoin.net/uid112788
A friendly coin dude that is here for you!
A coin collector from the Midwest USA.
I specialize in minting varieties and coin identification.
I am online 3+ times every day for 6-12 hours.
My best US coin find: http://goccf.com/t/387871
Bedrock of the Community
United States
583 Posts
 Posted 12/07/2020  10:42 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SaintRidley to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Was able to get my item to send to my giftee today. It's taking a fairly short trip this year, so hopefully dropping it in the mail tomorrow gets it to its destination by Saturday.
Bedrock of the Community
Australia
924 Posts
 Posted 12/07/2020  11:45 pm  Show Profile   Check ryurazu's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add ryurazu to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Hmmm register early, however now a bit stumped as to what to send that will be appreciated, I think probably silver always does nicely. Also hopefully it can get there before Christmas if I sent it this week.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
11,246 Posts
 Posted 12/08/2020  02:16 am  Show Profile   Check spruett001's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add spruett001 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I think probably silver always does nicely.

Gold will probably work, too.
In Memory of Crazyb0
12-26-1951 to 7-27-2020
In Memory of Tootallious
3-31-1964 to 4-15-2020

"If we continue to accumulate only power and not wisdom, we will surely destroy ourselves."
-Carl Sagan
Bedrock of the Community
United States
2,723 Posts
 Posted 12/08/2020  05:09 am  Show Profile   Check SilverCents's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add SilverCents to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Silver is a pretty good middle ground for any collector I think.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
2,720 Posts
 Posted 12/08/2020  2:04 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add keith12 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'm Guessing I received mine today. I know there are coins in there, and I haven't ordered any lately. They are going under the tree.
Thank you Santa Karl
Learn More...
United States
14,111 Posts
 Posted 12/08/2020  3:07 pm  Show Profile   Check rggoodie's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add rggoodie to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
And so it starts
List to be attached this evening.
rggoodie
aka Richard
Learn More...
United States
14,111 Posts
 Posted 12/09/2020  06:16 am  Show Profile   Check rggoodie's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add rggoodie to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Those who have not yet received

88isgreat
Adam_E
Billie
Brenpickle
Bud250r
Canadian-Banknotes
Carrigna
Cdncoins
CelticKnot
Colhand1
CollegeBarbers
Finn235
gidjit
GMS5
HALF
Hello There
Jason39305
Jfransch
Jgfindring
Jimjumper
jram

loonielewy
matthewvincent
mcshilling
Mint_marq
mmerc20
molydeii
mrpapageorgio
NickleNubber
nss-52
NumisRob
oih82w8
okiepb
Pertinax
petef7365
Princetane
ryurazu
SaintRidley
Shantiom
SilverCents
silverwolf
Spence
SPott
SPP-Ottawa
spruett001
Susuman
Tanman2001
T-BOP
Tornandfrayed75
Ty2020b
unruhjonny
Wade
rggoodie
aka Richard
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
447 Posts
 Posted 12/09/2020  2:47 pm  Show Profile   Check unruhjonny's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add unruhjonny to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I sent mine today;
I didn't wrap it inside the package, so hopefully it will be obvious to my recipient what it is before it's opened ;)
Hopefully both the "numismatic" declaration, or the "c/o C.C.EX." was enough to get the hint across to my assignment of the contents.
I paid extra to ensure it gets received BEFORE Christmas (it's been hit and miss in the past for me), so, I'm sitting here hoping I'll see my recipient post up it's received BEFORE the 24th!!
Still lamenting the passing of our penny;
Hopefully I'll be passing the bug onto the next generation.
Wanted list HERE
Page: of 26 Previous TopicReplies: 380 / Views: 18,007Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 1.34 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05