Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

2020 Holiday Exchange - Secret Santa

First page | Previous Page | Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 428 / Views: 22,523Next Topic
Page: of 29
Pillar of the Community
Canada
5537 Posts
 Posted 01/16/2021  4:04 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mcshilling to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Well I got a big surprise I must have been a good boy, not sure but, The loose change was not included in gift he said he was just getting rid of them. There are some nice 40's and 50's Canadian cents in that lot

Dutch E. India 1 Duit

Dutch E. India 1/2 Duit just the rev.

Dutch E. India 1/8 Stuiver just the rev.

This was in the loose change not a gift he said Very nice

A big thank you to Mike
Pillar of the Community
Turkey
755 Posts
 Posted 01/16/2021  4:22 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add molydeii to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I think we are waiting for Santa to announce that we are finally in single digits.:-)
Valued Member
United States
225 Posts
 Posted 01/16/2021  4:53 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Carrigna to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
My elf just whispered into my ear that the package is in my receiver's mailbox!

Hope this person would be nice to not name me....I forgot to call myself a Secret Santa. I know, I know....I will take a Santa test next time. :)

Valued Member
United States
225 Posts
 Posted 01/16/2021  4:57 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Carrigna to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Mcshilling,

That is awesome of your Secret Santa! Some coins you have are interesting! It is always nice to see Canadian coins.

Are these coins from Netherlands Indies (present-day Indonesia)?

Enjoy them!!
Pillar of the Community
New Zealand
2231 Posts
 Posted 01/17/2021  03:14 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Princetane to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Things are arriving for Australia, that means my one can not be far behind. Those were nice coins arriving.

Mine sent December 2, now Jan 17th = 46 days and still not arrived. Immigrant sailing ships covered the distance from London to New Zealand quicker in the 1870s.
Loving Halfcrowns. British and Commonwealth coins 1750 - 1950 and anything Kiwi.
If it's round, shiny and silvery I will love it.
Valued Member
United States
225 Posts
 Posted 01/17/2021  2:38 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Carrigna to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Prinetane,

It might take up to 2 or 3 months for a packet to arrive. I myself got a packet from my uncle in Scotland which he sent on 3rd November and it arrived on 7th January!

Yes, it is that bad with our post office here especially with international post. The ordinary post is fine, not packets.

I do hope things will improve later on this year.

Please do not worry, your packet will arrive this month or early February.

Pillar of the Community
Canada
5537 Posts
 Posted 01/17/2021  3:37 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mcshilling to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Are these coins from Netherlands Indies (present-day Indonesia)?

I would say yes , this is the break down.
1770 !/2 Duit West Friesland Netherland
1792 1 Duit Zeeland
1824 1/8 Stuiver Netherland Samatra
Valued Member
United States
76 Posts
 Posted 01/17/2021  3:41 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jram to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Received mine a couple days ago, pics will to follow. Beautiful graded coin to add to my collection, and world coins too!
Learn More...
United States
14213 Posts
 Posted 01/17/2021  4:01 pm  Show Profile   Check rggoodie's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add rggoodie to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
17 Jan 2021
04:02 pm Forum Time

Those who have not yet received

Brenpickle
Canadian-Banknotes
Jgfindring
Mint_marq
mmerc20
molydeii
NickleNubber
okiepb
SPP-Ottawa
Susuman

FINAL 10 to receive
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Japan
568 Posts
 Posted 01/18/2021  02:48 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Half to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

OK, looks like it is almost there! Maybe another day or two. hehehe

Super excited to hear what my [noun] thinks about their gift!
Valued Member
United States
225 Posts
 Posted 01/18/2021  2:45 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Carrigna to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I am all to see what remaining members have to show us!

I am sure they are awesome as everyone had gotten so far!

Again, I think we did and still do well considering we are in the pandemic. We should be proud of that as we are able to strive to carrying on with the holiday spirits!

Let's keep going until everyone get their presents in.

Thanks to our awesome Santa rggoodie for organizing this annual event!
Valued Member
Australia
115 Posts
 Posted 01/18/2021  4:12 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add petef7365 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Thanks to our awesome Santa rggoodie for organizing this annual event!

Hear, hear!
Valued Member
Canada
223 Posts
 Posted 01/18/2021  8:03 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add nickle nubber to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Hey ,I received my gift in the mail today , Thanx so much Ethan , The proof nickels really pop.I have a good # of Indian nickels to add to my collection now as well. Again Thanx so much
Learn More...
United States
14213 Posts
 Posted 01/18/2021  10:44 pm  Show Profile   Check rggoodie's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add rggoodie to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
18 Jan 2021
10:44 pm Forum Time

Those who have not yet received

Brenpickle
Jgfindring
Mint_marq
mmerc20
molydeii
okiepb
SPP-Ottawa
Susuman

Based on Postal records I am saying
8 to go
rggoodie
aka Richard
"catch em doing something right"
Pillar of the Community
United States
2745 Posts
 Posted 01/18/2021  11:29 pm  Show Profile   Check SilverCents's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add SilverCents to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Hey ,I received my gift in the mail today , Thanx so much Ethan , The proof nickels really pop.I have a good # of Indian nickels to add to my collection now as well. Again Thanx so much

I'm really glad you like your gift! I'm sorry I couldn't get more silver for you or anything like that but I'm happy that you enjoyed what I sent!
"Life is like a box of chocolates, you never know what you're gonna get." - Forrest Gump
The concept of maturity is complex. While one's capacity to be mature can be correlated with age, someone's overall maturity and respect for life is not. Maturity is formed through experience and perception.
Human progress can only be achieved through trial and error.
Page: of 29 Previous TopicReplies: 428 / Views: 22,523Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 1.78 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05