Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

2020 Holiday Exchange - Secret Santa

First page | Previous Page | Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 340 / Views: 15,832Next Topic
Page: of 23
Valued Member
Canada
222 Posts
 Posted 10/30/2020  10:21 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add nickle nubber to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I am in again this year , cant wait .
Thanx Richard
Learn More...
United States
14052 Posts
 Posted 10/31/2020  06:27 am  Show Profile   Check rggoodie's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add rggoodie to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
We now have 2 dozen

31 October 2020
6:27 am Forum Time

Cdncoins
CelticKnot
CollegeBarbers
GMS5
Jason39305
Jfransch
Jimjumper
jram
Keith12
loonielewy
mcshilling
molydeii
NickleNubber
nss-52
NumisRob
okiepb
Pertinax
Princetane
Shantiom
SilverCents
Spence
spruett001
Tanman2001
T-BOP
rggoodie
aka Richard
"catch em doing something right"
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1715 Posts
 Posted 10/31/2020  12:15 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Ty2020b to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
PM sent! Looking forward to it, thank you!
Pillar of the Community
Turkey
744 Posts
 Posted 10/31/2020  12:40 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add molydeii to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Guys, I have a suggestion. Over the years seeing many participants for the annual holiday exchange are from the US & Canada, and many gifts got exchanged within the US & Canada, basically the same continent, thus packages from participants from other continents to North America are often arrive in the new year.

This year, I suggest a head start for people sending gifts from one continent to another to give the post enough time to arrive before Christmas. What do you think Richard? For once since I joined the holiday exchange, I'd want my envelope to arrive timely for the spirit of the holiday. &
Valued Member
United States
197 Posts
 Posted 10/31/2020  12:50 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Carrigna to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks, Santa!

PM sent.
Pillar of the Community
United States
2633 Posts
 Posted 11/01/2020  02:25 am  Show Profile   Check SilverCents's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add SilverCents to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
This year, I suggest a head start for people sending gifts from one continent to another to give the post enough time to arrive before Christmas.

I would actually be very appreciative of that. I just want to make sure my package arrives to the address of where it's being sent before January 30th.
"Life is like a box of chocolates, you never know what you're gonna get." - Forrest Gump
The light shall never be engulfed by the flames of darkness. Even though night may devour, brightness shines, never defeated.
Enjoy the simplicities of life.
Learn More...
United States
14052 Posts
 Posted 11/01/2020  07:42 am  Show Profile   Check rggoodie's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add rggoodie to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The exchange sign up ends 30 Nov. I try to get assignments out in the next 48 hours.
Then it is up to the Postal services of the world.

Woul you like to see this end earlier?
Should we start sign up sooner?

I understand your concerns, but what are suggested solutions

My business philosophy has always been
DBMPBMA
rggoodie
aka Richard
Learn More...
United States
14052 Posts
 Posted 11/01/2020  08:02 am  Show Profile   Check rggoodie's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add rggoodie to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
1 Nov 2020
8:02 AM forum time

Carrigna
Cdncoins
CelticKnot
CollegeBarbers
GMS5
Jason39305
Jfransch
Jimjumper
jram
Keith12
loonielewy
mcshilling
molydeii
NickleNubber
nss-52
NumisRob
okiepb
Pertinax
Princetane
Shantiom
SilverCents
Spence
spruett001
Tanman2001
T-BOP
Ty2020b
rggoodie
aka Richard
Pillar of the Community
United States
2633 Posts
 Posted 11/01/2020  10:36 am  Show Profile   Check SilverCents's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add SilverCents to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I understand your concerns, but what are suggested solutions

Two months SHOULD be enough time I would think to get it overseas and to the addresser, so I'm not entirely sure a solution is needed now that I think about it. But perhaps for those that are shipping across continents, assign them to a person earlier, and let them know maybe? Just an idea.
"Life is like a box of chocolates, you never know what you're gonna get." - Forrest Gump
The light shall never be engulfed by the flames of darkness. Even though night may devour, brightness shines, never defeated.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1838 Posts
 Posted 11/01/2020  1:48 pm  Show Profile   Check gidjit's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add gidjit to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
count me in again ty
please check out my collection of large cents from 1858 - 1920 (click link below, you DO NOT need a facebook account to view)
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/...l=4b87156114
also you can see my collection of 1859 die pairs here
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/...47995&type=3
Valued Member
Australia
100 Posts
 Posted 11/01/2020  5:43 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add petef7365 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Hey rggoodie, PM sent.

Please include me

Cheers
Pillar of the Community
New Zealand
1944 Posts
 Posted 11/01/2020  7:26 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Princetane to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I think we should shut it off earlier, say Nov 15th as those of us outside America and Europe will no doubt take longer.

I will send mine on the moment I get my notification however bear in mind.

I live in New Zealand, the most remote country in the world, pretty much we are the most remote main country and only slightly less than pitcairn Island and Tristan da Cunha. Who gets me will probably be on the later end of receiving their thing.

Also NZ Post is really unreliable now, we have a diminishing number of outlets and post offices, escalating postal costs and a rude and unhelpful staff. This is because the company has been cost cutting and is run by lawyers and accountants rather than anyone with passion.

Plus the re emergence of the Wu Flu will also slow things down a bit as some countries like the UK, Germany and France enter National lockdowns.
Loving Halfcrowns. British and Commonwealth coins 1750 - 1950 and anything Kiwi.
If it's round, shiny and silvery I will love it.
Learn More...
United States
14052 Posts
 Posted 11/01/2020  10:11 pm  Show Profile   Check rggoodie's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add rggoodie to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Also NZ Post is really unreliable now,

Mate,
I lived in NZ for a few years back in the 60's and NZ Post was not better back then.

As for petef736- I lived in Oz and am Married to an Aussie..

I will let you two blokes duke it out for who is the most remote just remember -

We have had members in this exchange in years past from Russia, Afghanistan, Turkey, and many smaller countries.

And The US Postal service can also give you a run for who has the worst service

rggoodie
aka Richard
Learn More...
United States
14052 Posts
 Posted 11/01/2020  10:20 pm  Show Profile   Check rggoodie's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add rggoodie to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
1 November 2020
10:20 pm forum Time

If you have supplied me your information and it did not appear in the latest posting it was probably because you left out your email address and I had to go back into the forum to look it up.

Currently listed from
7 countries

Carrigna
Cdncoins
CelticKnot
CollegeBarbers
gidjit
GMS5
Jason39305
Jfransch
Jimjumper
jram
Keith12
loonielewy
mcshilling
molydeii
NickleNubber
nss-52
NumisRob
okiepb
Pertinax
petef7365
Princetane
Shantiom
SilverCents
Spence
spruett001
Tanman2001
T-BOP
Ty2020b

rggoodie
aka Richard
Pillar of the Community
United States
2633 Posts
 Posted 11/01/2020  11:53 pm  Show Profile   Check SilverCents's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add SilverCents to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Alrighty, two months it is. Hopefully things will all go successfully.
Page: of 23 Previous TopicReplies: 340 / Views: 15,832Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 1.15 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05