Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

2020 Holiday Exchange - Secret Santa

First page | Previous Page | Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 428 / Views: 22,061Next Topic
Page: of 29
Valued Member
Learn More...
Canada
449 Posts
 Posted 11/30/2020  2:06 pm  Show Profile   Check unruhjonny's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add unruhjonny to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I think this is a fantastic idea;
I have learned the hard way though that more often than not, unless you find the right kid, the coins will just be spent...
So chocolate coins, or foreign coins work best - and if you go this route, you can make a decent packet with a fair amount less that $5 worth of stuff.

I have tried to encourage a couple of my nephews, and they seem hung up on the monetary aspect of numismatics;
I am wondering if sending kids a packet of some sort should maybe be a wholly separate "exchange"?

Are there not youth coin/numismatic clubs in many of your areas?
There is one here, and when my boy is old enough, I hope to get him to join.
Still lamenting the passing of our penny;
Hopefully I'll be passing the bug onto the next generation.
Wanted list HERE
Edited by unruhjonny
11/30/2020 2:07 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
628 Posts
 Posted 11/30/2020  2:25 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Bud250r to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Please include me.
Better late than never.
Valued Member
United States
225 Posts
 Posted 11/30/2020  7:43 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Carrigna to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I would be more than happy to send a small packet to these young collectors!
Doing one a good turn will be a good deed! Yes? &
Pillar of the Community
Canada
3307 Posts
 Posted 11/30/2020  7:55 pm  Show Profile   Check silverwolf's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add silverwolf to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'm in..
Learn More...
United States
14196 Posts
 Posted 11/30/2020  8:14 pm  Show Profile   Check rggoodie's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add rggoodie to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
A little under 4 hours left
I was delayed with this post because the last few people who registered FAILED to send me their email and I had to search for them.
Not nice to make Santa Work!

Any way
Current list

as of 8:15 pm forum time
30 Nov 2020

88isgreat
Adam_E
Billie
Brenpickle
Bud250r
Canadian-Banknotes
Carrigna
Cdncoins
CelticKnot
Colhand1
CollegeBarbers
Finn235
gidjit
GMS5
HALF
Hello There
Jason39305
Jfransch
Jgfindring
Jimjumper
jram
Keith12
loonielewy
matthewvincent
mcshilling
Mint_marq
mmerc20
molydeii
mrpapageorgio
NickleNubber
nss-52
NumisRob
oih82w8
okiepb
Pertinax
petef7365
Princetane
ryurazu
SaintRidley
Shantiom
SilverCents
silverwolf
Spence
SPott
SPP-Ottawa
spruett001
Susuman
Tanman2001
T-BOP
Tornandfrayed75
Ty2020b
unruhjonny
Wade

so far 53 participants
rggoodie
aka Richard
"catch em doing something right"
Learn More...
United States
14196 Posts
 Posted 12/01/2020  06:01 am  Show Profile   Check rggoodie's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add rggoodie to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Enrollment
CLOSED

Assignments being formulated
Emails will come shortly
rggoodie
aka Richard
Learn More...
United States
14196 Posts
 Posted 12/01/2020  07:30 am  Show Profile   Check rggoodie's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add rggoodie to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The random generator has been engaged
You have all been matched up.

Now I have to pull out those of you that have requested specific country assignments and reassign those that the generator did not match countries to.

Once this process has been completed,
I will begin the task of sending out individual emails
After I get done with my Workshop assignments (employment) this afternoon

Stand by
You will receive the emails in the next 24 hours.

rggoodie
aka Richard
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
11360 Posts
 Posted 12/01/2020  6:07 pm  Show Profile   Check spruett001's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add spruett001 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
In Memory of Crazyb0
12-26-1951 to 7-27-2020
In Memory of Tootallious
3-31-1964 to 4-15-2020

"If we continue to accumulate only power and not wisdom, we will surely destroy ourselves."
-Carl Sagan
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
755 Posts
 Posted 12/01/2020  7:18 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add loonielewy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'm set. Thanks Richard.
"We are poor little lambs...who have lost our way...Baa...Baa...Baa"

In memory of those members who left us too soon...
In memory of Tootallious March 31, 1964 to April 15, 2020
In memory of crazyb0 July 27 2020. RIP.
Pillar of the Community
New Zealand
2191 Posts
 Posted 12/01/2020  7:37 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Princetane to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Sent you an email as not sure mine is an address

PM Sent
Loving Halfcrowns. British and Commonwealth coins 1750 - 1950 and anything Kiwi.
If it's round, shiny and silvery I will love it.
Edited by Princetane
12/01/2020 7:39 pm
Learn More...
United States
14196 Posts
 Posted 12/01/2020  7:40 pm  Show Profile   Check rggoodie's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add rggoodie to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
All Assignments have been sent
If you have not received your assignment please check your spam folder
The assignment were sent from my email not the forum email
my email is
rggoodie70
@gmail.com

If you still do not have your assignment after checking your mail and spam email me via the form or my own email and I will re-send it.

REMEMBER

Once you have received your gift please post that you have received it so we can take your name off the list

also remember many of the members would like to see pictures of what you receive - that is your choice.

Happy holiday preparations.

rggoodie
aka Richard
Pillar of the Community
Turkey
755 Posts
 Posted 12/02/2020  06:22 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add molydeii to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I think this year I may be the first person who has sent to his assigned person, using my timezone advantage over North American forum members. It's on signed for mail to avoid it getting lost travelling so far away. It's going to a country where I have never been to. I will travel lots of kilometers. I hope my recipient gets it before Christmas. Thank you for organising this for us Richard.
Edited by molydeii
12/02/2020 06:24 am
Pillar of the Community
United States
3462 Posts
 Posted 12/02/2020  08:49 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add matthewvincent to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
"There are two names I will be adding they are the children of one of our collectors who do not have forum accounts but are beginning collectors and I thought it would be a nice gesture to include them- Thoughts?"

For those of us who wish to send coins to these two
"new" collectors, in addition to our assigned recipient,
how will we be notified?
Brother, can you spare a "BARBER" dime?
Edited by matthewvincent
12/02/2020 08:50 am
Pillar of the Community
New Zealand
2191 Posts
 Posted 12/02/2020  08:54 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Princetane to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Molydeii will be pleased to know that his Christmas gift has just begun its long journey to Turkey.

I am also doing secret Santa on Numista and got assigned a person in Serbia, so both letters may have company to London and then likely Berlin at least.
Loving Halfcrowns. British and Commonwealth coins 1750 - 1950 and anything Kiwi.
If it's round, shiny and silvery I will love it.
Pillar of the Community
United States
3462 Posts
 Posted 12/02/2020  09:31 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add matthewvincent to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
New Zealand to Turkey and Serbia?
L O N G trips!
Coin collecting is indeed shared around the world.
Brother, can you spare a "BARBER" dime?
Page: of 29 Previous TopicReplies: 428 / Views: 22,061Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.64 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05