Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Opinions On The Grade And The Price Of 1883 Quarter, Was It Too Much?

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 7 / Views: 432Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community
Canada
595 Posts
 Posted 10/20/2020  7:48 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add North of 49 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
This coin was a gift from my wife a couple of years back. I had tucked it away and forgot about it. I just came across it a couple of days ago and after giving it a close examination began to wonder if she had paid a bit too much for it.
I would very much like to see other opinions on the grade and the price.
I've left it in the holder to show the grade/price , I think the photo's are good enough.
This dealer has since closed up shop.

Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
3254 Posts
 Posted 10/20/2020  7:55 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add okiecoiner to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'd say VG-8 and she paid at least $20 too much. It also may be just a G-6.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
3554 Posts
 Posted 10/20/2020  7:58 pm  Show Profile   Check Pacificoin's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Pacificoin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
If your wife bought it for you ......then it is priceless !
Never met her , but she is wonderful !
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
52204 Posts
 Posted 10/20/2020  8:14 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'm at G-06 on this, priced way too high.
Pillar of the Community
United States
2545 Posts
 Posted 10/20/2020  8:20 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Zurie to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'd say G-06, and the value is priceless.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
595 Posts
 Posted 10/21/2020  7:08 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add North of 49 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Ha Ha , thanks for the sentimental responses, and I agree as a gift it was priceless.
I'm just a bit miffed to think that she was taken advantage of.
Thank you for your help
Pillar of the Community
Canada
3193 Posts
 Posted 10/21/2020  7:40 pm  Show Profile   Check silverwolf's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add silverwolf to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
my wife did the same thing a few years ago, she bought me 2 silver coins from a co worker, because she never knows what to buy me..

First thing I said, instead of thank you was how much did you pay, and where did you buy them .. Long story short, my co worker ripped her off in my mind, and I told my wife please don't buy me coins any more.. so far so good..

She learnt a lesson and so did I.. I haven't spoken to our co worker since.. and my wife hasn't bought me a coin since..

As much as I would have liked the gesture.., the overwhelming thought of her getting taken was enough to put a stop to it..
Pillar of the Community
Canada
569 Posts
 Posted 10/22/2020  09:17 am  Show Profile   Check TheDeductible's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add TheDeductible to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
My wife wouldn't buy me a coin holder, let alone a coin!
  Previous TopicReplies: 7 / Views: 432Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.41 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05