Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Item Returned After Using Ebay To Print Address Label.

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 3 / Views: 367Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community
United States
2089 Posts
 Posted 10/22/2020  7:43 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Connor to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
So this is the first time this has happened to me on eBay and I am looking for advice on what should happen next. I mailed an item I sold on eBay last Thursday. I used eBay to print the address label. The address also matched the address paypal provided. Well, the package was returned to me today with a "return to sender, unable to forward" sticker across the address. The USPS tracking says that recipient has moved and did not leave a new address. The item sold for $10 and I charged $2.99 to ship and it actually cost me $3.25 to ship.

Will eBay make me ship it again? I will lose even more money. Who is responsible here? Should I reach out to the buyer? They have not reached out to me yet. I feel I did my job.

Thanks for any advice.

Pillar of the Community
United States
9475 Posts
 Posted 10/22/2020  9:06 pm  Show Profile   Check BH1964's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add BH1964 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
You did your job and have evidence to back it up. I'd wait to hear from the buyer and not sweat it.

For a $10 item the buyer might just forget about it. If not you might lose a few bucks but again, don't let your blood pressure rise over it.
ANA #R3154474
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
11129 Posts
 Posted 10/22/2020  11:23 pm  Show Profile   Check spruett001's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add spruett001 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I would wait for the buyer to initiate a solution; it's their mistake.
In Memory of Crazyb0
12-26-1951 to 7-27-2020
In Memory of Tootallious
3-31-1964 to 4-15-2020
Pillar of the Community
Canada
3185 Posts
 Posted 10/23/2020  07:07 am  Show Profile   Check silverwolf's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add silverwolf to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I charged $2.99 to ship and it actually cost me $3.25 to ship

That is your fault , not the buyer's..

Quote:
I feel I did my job.

Yes, you did, but now you have the coin and the 10$, and the buyer has nothing.

I would contact the buyer, and advise that their item was returned, due to them not updating their address.. And if they still want it,they need to send you another shipping fee.

If they no longer want it, then you should refund their item price, not shipping though, minus any fees you will lose..

It is the right thing to do.
  Previous TopicReplies: 3 / Views: 367Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.59 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05