Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Standard Catalog Of World Coins (Scwc)

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 2 / Views: 735Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community
United States
2217 Posts
 Posted 10/24/2020  8:09 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Kopper Ken to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Any CCF members out there have info on when the new owner of the SCWC might be publishing an updated edition for any of the volumes?

KK
Bedrock of the Community
Australia
17604 Posts
 Posted 10/24/2020  8:54 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add sel_69l to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I would love to find out myself. Sorry, can't help just now.

I have a bad feeling that if SCWC is published again, they will have a very much increased price per volume.

I have six books in the series:
(I don't collect coins post 2000)
SCWC 1900 2000
SCWC 1800-1900
SCWC 1700-1800
SCWC 1600-1700
SCW Crowns an Thalers
SCW Gold Coins- (this volume much better than Friedberg's Gold coins of the World)
Also have a Krause Publications 'telephone book' copy of
Coincraft's 1998 Standard Catalog of English & UK Coins 1066 to date - (my 'go to' bible for British and UK coins - especially for English coins 1066-1600).

All of these books latest edition come up mat auction often, and I use them all frequently for reference. They are all close at hand, next to my computer, in my 'coin laboratory'.

For those who don't need or wish to make a large investment, in a book reference as large as noted above,
NGC World coin prices (on line) is currently available.
Edited by sel_69l
10/25/2020 01:03 am
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
3475 Posts
 Posted 10/25/2020  10:34 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add BStrauss3 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I don't think it will ever happen.

In the F+W Media bankruptcy sale, the data went to one owner (as a throw in with the magazines) and the books went to a traditional book publishing house (Penguin - unit of Bertelsmann).

Without the data, how do you update the books?
-----Burton
46 year / Life ANA member (joined 12/1/1973)
Life member: Numismatics International, CONECA
Member: TNA, FtWCC, NETCC
Owned by four cats and a wife of 35 years (joined 1983)
  Previous TopicReplies: 2 / Views: 735Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.76 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05