Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

The World's Worst Type Set

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 9 / Views: 707Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community
United States
884 Posts
 Posted 10/25/2020  12:16 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Ballyhoo to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I found this interesting lot coming on November 4 at Stacks & Bowers.

https://auctions.stacksbowers.com/a...-92001-92453

Wonder how high the closings will be?
ANA member
PAN Member
BCCS Member

There's no problem only solutions - the late, great John Lennon
Edited by Ballyhoo
10/25/2020 12:17 am
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
4559 Posts
 Posted 10/25/2020  06:36 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add scopru to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I imagine the closings will be IMO silly money.
Member: ANA and NGC
My Want list: http://goccf.com/t/188411
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
2550 Posts
 Posted 10/25/2020  06:48 am  Show Profile   Check Yokozuna's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Yokozuna to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for posting! I may bid on a few if I can get them at the $2-$3 range. What? Did I say something funny?
The first US coin motto was found on a 1792 half disme and read: "LIB (erty) PAR (ent) OF SCIENCE & INDUSTRY"

Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
52226 Posts
 Posted 10/25/2020  09:19 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Wouldn't have believed it.
Pillar of the Community
United States
884 Posts
 Posted 10/25/2020  5:35 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Ballyhoo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for posting! I may bid on a few if I can get them at the $2-$3 range. What? Did I say something funny?

There's an upcoming auction of civil war tokens and store cards I'll be bidding on. That's how I came across this one.
With Bill Fivaz attached to the lot a few should go for silly money as SCOPRU put it.
ANA member
PAN Member
BCCS Member

There's no problem only solutions - the late, great John Lennon
Edited by Ballyhoo
10/25/2020 5:37 pm
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
52226 Posts
 Posted 10/25/2020  5:52 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It's one aspect of the hobby I've never understood.
Pillar of the Community
United States
4486 Posts
 Posted 10/25/2020  9:07 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CoinHunter27 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Lowball collectors might throw in some higher bids but nothing I would consider.

-CH27
Collector of U.S. varieties and errors
Pillar of the Community
United States
1653 Posts
 Posted 10/26/2020  01:10 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add kbbpll to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I could be wrong, but my impression is that if you're in the "just to have one" category, you'd be better off targeting G4 or AG3 than compete with the P1/F2 crowd.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
19862 Posts
 Posted 10/26/2020  08:08 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add just carl to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I really don't understand who would want those.
just carl
Pillar of the Community
United States
1456 Posts
 Posted 10/26/2020  08:42 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Ty2020b to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I can appreciate a well worn/circulated coin bc it did what it was intended to and saw a lot. BUT, I don't see the premium side of things that these tend to bring. Especially in a type set when I personally want to see as many details of the original design as intended, why go lowball .
  Previous TopicReplies: 9 / Views: 707Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.64 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05