Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1951 D Wheat Cent (First I've Found Like This)

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 11 / Views: 478Next Topic  

United States
4 Posts
 Posted 10/26/2020  11:23 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add ucroa to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I almost tossed this one back in the pond.

Pillar of the Community
United States
754 Posts
 Posted 10/27/2020  12:02 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add josephm99 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Unfortunately just damage to that area. PMD. A Wheat cent is still a Wheat cent though.
United States
4 Posts
 Posted 10/27/2020  12:29 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ucroa to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Maybe I should try to get a better picture. My camera is a bit old.
Pillar of the Community
United States
3982 Posts
 Posted 10/27/2020  01:16 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add merclover to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
No, better photos are not needed. Your photos are fine, although we usually like to see both sides.

to the CCF!
ša va bien aller
Bedrock of the Community
United States
36406 Posts
 Posted 10/27/2020  04:58 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
to CCF. The L is PMD. In future posts please tell us in detail what your questions are.
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 5+ Million Cents Since 1971
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
51980 Posts
 Posted 10/27/2020  09:32 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Agree, the L took a sideways hit.

to the CCF!
Pillar of the Community
United States
6662 Posts
 Posted 10/27/2020  12:58 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Earle42 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

- When I value " being right" more than what IS right, I am then right...a fool.
- How much squash could a Sasquatch squash if a Sasquatch would squash squash?
- Prosp long and liver.
Pillar of the Community
United States
2004 Posts
 Posted 10/27/2020  1:03 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ijn1944 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The L was/is a casualty, minding its own business when...
Learn More...
United States
92106 Posts
United States
4 Posts
 Posted 10/27/2020  8:49 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ucroa to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Under the stereoscope there are two raised L's I wish I was setup to take pics through it, that would be awesome. This digital scope is a few years old and has contrast issues, my phone probably does a better job ... wherever its at.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
36406 Posts
 Posted 10/28/2020  04:31 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
All I am seeing is one L with circulation damage,sorry.
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 5+ Million Cents Since 1971
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
47251 Posts
 Posted 10/28/2020  2:26 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It was normal when struck, then a hit after the strike altered it. Just like my car it was nice when it was new. Now is getting close to 200K and stuff happens.
Richard S. Cooper
Some have asked about my images I use and I'm glad to say, you can now you can see the DVD in sections on youtube:
1. Intro, older coins, toned coins 2. Doubled dies 3. Die events, One of a kind errors 4. So called errors, Coin information 5. Coin information Types and Varieties, Overlays
Jefferson nickel doubled dies Wexler/Rebar complete listings

trail dies:http://www.traildies.com/
  Previous TopicReplies: 11 / Views: 478Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.66 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05