Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

A Prutah Of Judea? If Not What?

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 4 / Views: 192Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community
Canada
3834 Posts
 Posted 10/31/2020  4:42 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add oriole to your friends list Get a Link to this Message

Diameter about 15 millimeters. Weight 3.09 grams.

Perhaps incorrectly this reminds me of a Judean prutah, although I cannot match any image exactly. One side is missing a lot-I am imagining that I see a branch, and the other side seems to resemble 2 cornucopias.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Spain
2080 Posts
 Posted 10/31/2020  4:51 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Palouche to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nabataean Kingdom. Aretas IV (Haritat), with Shaqilath..9BC-40AD AE unit Petra mint.
Edited by Palouche
10/31/2020 4:56 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
1101 Posts
 Posted 10/31/2020  4:57 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Kushanshah to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nabataea? [Edit: I see Palouche beat me to it!]
Edited by Kushanshah
10/31/2020 4:59 pm
Pillar of the Community
Canada
3834 Posts
 Posted 10/31/2020  5:40 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add oriole to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks! You guys are really good!
Edited by oriole
10/31/2020 6:00 pm
Learn More...
United States
23333 Posts
 Posted 10/31/2020  5:47 pm  Show Profile   Check echizento's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add echizento to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Good eye Paul, you nailed it.
  Previous TopicReplies: 4 / Views: 192Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.54 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05