Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Renaissance Of American Coinage 1905-1908

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 6 / Views: 329Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
4560 Posts
 Posted 11/03/2020  07:30 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add scopru to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Renaissance of American Coinage 1905-1908
by Roger W Burdette

Just finished this well written and well researched book. It gives a very good accounting of the Saint-Gaudens designs as well and the Pratt Designs on gold coins. A lot of great information is presented in regards to the artists, politicians, and mint personnel involved in the new designs.

Worthy addition to a numismatic library.

Member: ANA and NGC
My Want list: http://goccf.com/t/188411
Pillar of the Community
United States
875 Posts
 Posted 11/03/2020  08:34 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add MOS0239 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yes it was! !

Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
4560 Posts
 Posted 11/03/2020  3:57 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add scopru to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I am about to start the next one, 1909-1915, which will be the one I am most interesting in due to Fraser and the Buffalo nickel. I am hoping to find 1916-1921 one of these days. I have been looking, but with not luck so far. I primarily want that one so I have the trio of these books, otherwise I will have hole in my library that will be bothersome.
Learn More...
United States
94239 Posts
Pillar of the Community
United States
7482 Posts
 Posted 11/06/2020  2:41 pm  Show Profile   Check westcoin's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add westcoin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yep have all three of the set, great reference books as well as reads. Roger is a really good researcher, author and a nice guy, I've met him twice now, at the TNA annual show once he was with Len Augsburger (fellow author and director of Newman Numismatic Portal). When the shows start back up I gotta remember to take my books to be signed next time I go.

Currently I've got this thick book waiting to be read on the pile:

Unfortunately, I have two other books in front of it waiting to be finished that are even larger. Might not get to it until Christmas time. It was almost free from eBay through a surprise gift of $25 for being a client for so long and then I added some eBay bucks, only paid $2.50 can't beat that and it's the autographed copy with DVD of the text for research work and searching!
"Buy the Book Before You Buy the Coin" - Aaron R. Feldman - "And read it" - Me 2013!
ANA Life Member #3288 in good standing since 1982, EAC Member #6202, NBS Member, 2 variety collector.

See my want page: http://goccf.com/t/140440
Edited by westcoin
11/06/2020 2:42 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
7482 Posts
 Posted 11/06/2020  2:53 pm  Show Profile   Check westcoin's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add westcoin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Scopru - I always go to WizardSupply but then check them on their eBay site, as they do free shipping on books at eBay, on their site you have to spend over $50 for free S&H. They have all three volumes there now and on sale as well. Great guys, they are always my first choice for coin supplies and books (besides Kolbe & Fanning, Charles Davis) though those two are for primarily for my rarer used books or their auctions. For Auction Catalogs, PRL's and other numismatic Journals - Bryce Brown, is a good guy to check.
"Buy the Book Before You Buy the Coin" - Aaron R. Feldman - "And read it" - Me 2013!
ANA Life Member #3288 in good standing since 1982, EAC Member #6202, NBS Member, 2 variety collector.

See my want page: http://goccf.com/t/140440
Edited by westcoin
11/06/2020 2:54 pm
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
4560 Posts
 Posted 11/06/2020  10:32 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add scopru to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I am on their notification list for book 3. Still out of stock. But I appreciate the tip as it made me go back to make sure they were still out.
  Previous TopicReplies: 6 / Views: 329Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.47 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05