Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

"Coins In Motion" By Stack's Bowers

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 4 / Views: 189Next Topic  
Valued Member

United States
139 Posts
 Posted 11/18/2020  4:23 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Dieuwer to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Looks pretty good to me:

ypQGM-mEUUA
Edited by Dieuwer
11/18/2020 8:49 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
1196 Posts
 Posted 11/18/2020  7:43 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add BadDog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Similar to DLRC nuTilt technology, but is an advancement in that the coin is slightly rotating back and forth in the in the z-axis. Still not quite like having the coin in hand where you can move it in the x, y and z direction.
Pillar of the Community
United States
3294 Posts
 Posted 11/18/2020  9:07 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add rmpsrpms to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The tilt is fake, done with software.
Contact me for photographic equipment or visit my home page at:
http://macrocoins.com
Pillar of the Community
United States
7406 Posts
 Posted 11/19/2020  01:49 am  Show Profile   Check westcoin's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add westcoin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I agree I like the nuTilt better so far. this "CIM" looks strange like the coin is distorting. I'm also betting that it requires a special setup with a revolving turntable of some sort either for the coin or the lighting placement. So far while these technologies look good and are interesting, I can't see any way of letting the average home user access them for their own coins to shoot at home. One needs a very consistent motion platform, exact lighting in color temp., white balance, and tilt. As cool as these are I just don't see how they will trickle down to home shooters - yet.
"Buy the Book Before You Buy the Coin" - Aaron R. Feldman - "And read it" - Me 2013!
ANA Life Member #3288 in good standing since 1982, EAC Member #6202, NBS Member, 2 variety collector.

See my want page: http://goccf.com/t/140440
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
3472 Posts
 Posted 11/21/2020  2:46 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add BStrauss3 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I posted on the PCGS board... several limitations...

1/ SB bought the company, so it's unique technology

2/ Not clear how you get a still out of it (uncompressed)

3/ The codex is notorious for being a bit of a bandwidth hog
-----Burton
46 year / Life ANA member (joined 12/1/1973)
Life member: Numismatics International, CONECA
Member: TNA, FtWCC, NETCC
Owned by four cats and a wife of 35 years (joined 1983)
  Previous TopicReplies: 4 / Views: 189Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 3.12 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05