Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Cool Lincoln Roll Finds (From Bank Rolls) - Post Yours!

Previous Page | Next Page | Last Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author  Topic Next Topic
Page: of 927
Pillar of the Community
United States
3046 Posts
 Posted 02/04/2009  8:37 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add yotie to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
i have only seen pics of IHC
Bedrock of the Community
United States
16055 Posts
 Posted 02/04/2009  10:09 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add BadThad to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Tied my oldest find yet, another 1917....the same roll also had a 36! A little beat-up, but still cool to find:

Lincoln Cent Lover!
Bedrock of the Community
United States
16055 Posts
 Posted 02/04/2009  10:10 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add BadThad to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
i was definitely stoked. I'm going to get some kennedys tomorrow. see if I can't pull out 40 franklins and about 15 walkers...yeah right

Good luck with that!
Lincoln Cent Lover!
Pillar of the Community
United States
781 Posts
 Posted 02/05/2009  01:12 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jedichef to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
luck? it's all about skill right?
Pillar of the Community
United States
2600 Posts
 Posted 02/05/2009  09:41 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Jim1953 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Sat a rather insipid record last evening, at least for me. While searching Lincolns, found 6 Wheats in one roll. Nothing special, all 40s and 50s but beat my old single roll record of 4. My best record for one box is 27 Wheats.

How does this compare to everyone else?

Jim
Valued Member
United States
254 Posts
 Posted 02/05/2009  10:07 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add rkp to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I average about 15 wheats per box (after looking through about 10 boxes). My max is also 27.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
16055 Posts
 Posted 02/05/2009  11:38 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add BadThad to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I average about 8 Wheats per box and that's the most I've probably found in one.
Lincoln Cent Lover!
Pillar of the Community
United States
781 Posts
 Posted 02/05/2009  11:41 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jedichef to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
how many rolls in a box? you guys scare me. I go cross-eyed after 10 rolls.
Pillar of the Community
United States
2600 Posts
 Posted 02/05/2009  11:50 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Jim1953 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
There are times that it seems like a bazillion rolls but in fact there are 50 rolls or $25 per box.

Jim
Pillar of the Community
United States
2600 Posts
 Posted 02/05/2009  11:51 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Jim1953 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
rkp, my avg per box is about 12. Have a good box going right now. Half way through and already have 11 Wheats.

Jim
Bedrock of the Community
United States
16055 Posts
 Posted 02/05/2009  12:31 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add BadThad to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
how many rolls in a box? you guys scare me. I go cross-eyed after 10 rolls.

10 rolls is about my limit in one sitting. I just try to do a few each day. The best thing I'm advancing is my BU roll set, it's coming along!
Lincoln Cent Lover!
Pillar of the Community
United States
1736 Posts
 Posted 02/05/2009  12:44 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add dbrablec to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
i found 11, wheats in a bank box. one of them was so badly damaged (parking lot - road kill) that it couldn't even be saved. I spent it as change. the others ranged from 1917P - 1957P & D.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
16055 Posts
 Posted 02/05/2009  10:27 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add BadThad to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Finally found a couple real nice BU's in the bottom of the box I'm working on:

Lincoln Cent Lover!
Valued Member
United States
322 Posts
 Posted 02/06/2009  12:39 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mikep to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I found this one today in a bank roll of cents. A Mercury dime! Not in the greatest shape, but for a cent, I'll take it. Never in a million years did I expect this one.

Pillar of the Community
United States
781 Posts
 Posted 02/06/2009  02:44 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jedichef to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I apologize in advance for the long-winded story...
when my uncle passed away a few months ago, he had a ton of small change that my cousin (his daughter) was stuck with. While he was in hospice care at my parents' house, he wanted his big water jug of change brought over so he could wrap them all. He finished after a few weeks and ended up with $127 in pennies, $100 in dimes and $27 in nickels. I don't know how many quarters he had as he gave them to his daughter soon after he got them sorted so she would be set up with laundry money for a while. Well, after he died, the rest (nickels, dimes, pennies) were still sitting around. My cousin had too much to deal with to have to take them all to the bank. I told her I'd cut her a check for the coins and I'll take them to the bank after I go through them. She knew I was a coin freak so she was more than pleased. She offered to just give me the coins, but $257 is still two hundred and fifty seven dollars...I gave her a check. Sorry this is dragging on...you can stop reading, it doesn't turn into the story of the century, in case you're hoping for a fantastic ending. Anyways, as I went through the pennies, I found that each roll was 1 cent over. I think it ended up being 2 dollars over the original amount after it was recalculated. I found in those pennies, 37 or 38 wheats. 1 1909, 9 indians. In the dimes I found 2 mercs, and 1 barber. The nickels yielded 2 silvers. At the funeral, my cousin asked if I found anything good in the coins. I told her about my finds. She was pleased and then told me that one of the quarter rolls that her dad had given her was all SBA dollars. At first she didn't notice but when they wouldn't work in the washing machine in her apartment, she realized that she wasn't imagining it when she thought the roll seemed a little tight. She went back and investigated the rest She found about 3 or 4 more SBAs stuffed into quarter rolls. My uncle was a great change hoarder and one heck of a guy. I'll miss his big ugly bottle of coins. Thanks for reading this whole thing.
Page: of 927  Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 2.75 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05