Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Cool Lincoln Roll Finds (From Bank Rolls) - Post Yours!

Previous Page | Next Page | Last Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 927
Valued Member
United States
100 Posts
 Posted 03/03/2009  3:55 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Starman to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
In total I have looked through about 3 boxes worth and managed to find just over 100 wheats mostly 50's and 40's 7 or 8 1930's, and a few 1920's I have found a 1919 also. But the highlight of the wheat cents was a 1918 Wheat cent in XF condition its amazing. And I know this thread was just for pennies but I have to include my 1906 liberty head nickel I got from a nickel roll a few days ago, Sweet!
Valued Member
United States
254 Posts
 Posted 03/03/2009  4:43 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add rkp to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yesterday I went through a box and found a 1922-D in F-VF. I saw it wheat side up and was expecting something in the 1940's. I also found a 1917 wheat in G-4 in the same box.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
16056 Posts
 Posted 03/03/2009  8:02 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add BadThad to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Yesterday I went through a box and found a 1922-D in F-VF.

Lincoln Cent Lover!
United States
27 Posts
 Posted 03/03/2009  8:44 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add 84DoubleVision to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I found this in my first or second box, I was just wondering if this is a poor mans dou

Image: ear.JPG
43.49 KBble ear?
Bedrock of the Community
United States
16056 Posts
 Posted 03/03/2009  10:16 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add BadThad to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
You need to post that coin in the variety/error forum. I don't know enough about this doubled die to comment.
Lincoln Cent Lover!
Learn More...
United States
16276 Posts
 Posted 03/03/2009  10:48 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add vermontensium to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Is it a 2006?
Pillar of the Community
United States
920 Posts
 Posted 03/04/2009  10:42 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mfhorn to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Hey All;
Yesterday I pulled a totally blank planchet from a roll. The rim seems to be raised, and when looked at from the edge with a good cent, they both look the same. The weight is 2.49 grams, same as a zinc cent and is copper plated. Not REALLY knowing if it is a cent planchet, is it collectible? Opinions please. Thanks.
Valued Member
United States
254 Posts
 Posted 03/04/2009  11:21 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add rkp to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
BadThad,

When I wrote the above post about the 1922-D, I didn't have the coin in front of me so I went off of memory when I came up with the grade. Turns out (now that I have the coin in front of me) that my memory was of me being very excited about finding a 1922-D in a roll which resulted in serious overgrading. In reality, the coin is probably no more than a VG, not the F-VF I claimed it to be previously. Oh well, you still can't beat buying a 22-D for 1 cent! :)

The reverse is a bit blurry, but some of the upper wheat lines are clearly separated on the coin.

Bedrock of the Community
United States
16056 Posts
 Posted 03/04/2009  12:13 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add BadThad to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
No, you were correct, that's a VF coin. Look at the separation between the cheek and jaw, only VF and higher coins have that. Even with blurry pictures, I'd say that's about a VF25-30 coin.
Lincoln Cent Lover!
Valued Member
United States
254 Posts
 Posted 03/04/2009  12:21 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add rkp to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Sweet, thanks for the upgrade BadThad! not too shabby pulling a $20 coin from a bank box. Proof that there are still some nice coins out there floating around in circulation (or in bank rolls anyways).
Learn More...
United States
78300 Posts
 Posted 03/04/2009  2:10 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Oh well, you still can't beat buying a 22-D for 1 cent! :)
I agree! Nice find!
Bedrock of the Community
United States
16056 Posts
 Posted 03/04/2009  10:53 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add BadThad to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I forgot to mention another important fact on your coin, it's an EDS (Early Die State) 22-D. It has excellent details for this issue. The wear looks to be honest wear and not a lot of loss that is typically seen due to die state in the 22-D's. If you could take clear pics of the wheat tips, I could dial in the grade easier. This coin would likely fetch closer to $30 or higher because of the details.

Soooo....lucky YOU!
Lincoln Cent Lover!
Bedrock of the Community
United States
16056 Posts
 Posted 03/04/2009  10:56 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add BadThad to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Time to rejoice! After countless boxes I FINALLY found a 2000 WAM....and it's an MS63ish one! It even cartwheels! How I could find two of the rarer 1998 WAM's before finding the common 2000 is beyond me.

Pretty funny, I've been so dismayed at the prospect of ever finding one, I actually tossed this into my junk pile. Then, I quickly realized....HEY DUMMY...that one WAS wide! LOL Took me a few minutes to fish it back out.

Lincoln Cent Lover!
Edited by BadThad
03/04/2009 10:58 pm
United States
27 Posts
 Posted 03/04/2009  11:03 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add 84DoubleVision to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
lol
Pillar of the Community
United States
2224 Posts
 Posted 03/04/2009  11:17 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coppernickeldaddy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
a 22D in a bank roll? WAY TO GO!!
Page: of 927 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 18.43 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05