Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Cool Lincoln Roll Finds (From Bank Rolls) - Post Yours!

Previous Page | Next Page | Last Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 927
Valued Member
United States
254 Posts
 Posted 03/05/2009  10:23 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add rkp to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
BadThad:

Congrats on the 2000 wide AM! I have yet to find one myself.

Here is a better picture of the reverse of my 1922-D. I took it with the flash. Hopefully you are able to discern enough details to properly grade it. How can you determine a coin is an early die state, when it is below AU? I would think a lot of the details would be worn off making it difficult to make that determination.

Also, I have been finding several "S" mint cents (69, 70, 72, 74) in bank boxes that are BU fully red. I've found >20 in different boxes. It's very odd since these are nearly 40 year old coins circulating with cartwheels on them. Anybody else finding "S" mints that are heads and tails above any other 60's or 70's cents?
Here is an example of 2 pieces I pulled yesterday:

I also wanted to thank you for your Lincoln cent spreadsheet. The comments you made are very insightful.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
16071 Posts
 Posted 03/05/2009  10:30 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add BadThad to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I determine die state by experience, lol. The 1922-D is very easy out of all of them, they over-used the dies in the production of 90% of them. You're 22-D has good detail on the reverse too! I'd give this a solid VF-25.

You're VERY lucky with the S mint Memorials, those are rare to find in circulation, especially in red. CONGRATS!
Lincoln Cent Lover!
Pillar of the Community
United States
922 Posts
 Posted 03/05/2009  4:47 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mfhorn to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Way to go rkp and BadThad.

I'm finding more Wheats in rolls lately, and alot of coppers.

Came up with another 1998 WAM yesterday from a customer rolled box.

This will be a good year for 'roll hunters', if nothing else!
Bedrock of the Community
United States
16071 Posts
 Posted 03/06/2009  02:11 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add BadThad to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The only thing I've seen lately is some older BU's and maybe a hair more copper....same pace on wheat cents, maybe the next box I got a few days ago. This great coin dump of 2009 is pretty good for us cent hunters. This could be the last great run for hoarding copper. I predict copper cents will be mostly gone from circulation in a few years.
Lincoln Cent Lover!
Pillar of the Community
United States
2568 Posts
 Posted 03/09/2009  6:57 pm  Show Profile   Check XavierOfGreen's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add XavierOfGreen to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I pulled two dozen wheats and a 1903 out of a box the other day, a bit corroded but still an indian head.
-XoG
Oldest Found-------
Cent: 1842 (from machine) ---- Three Cent: 1866 [Nickel] (from machine)
Nickel: 1883 (from roll) ---- Dime: 1911 (from roll)
Quarter: 1932 (from machine) ---- Half: 1917 (from roll)
Dollar: 1880 (from machine) ---- Foreign: 1863 (from machine)
Edited by XavierOfGreen
03/09/2009 6:58 pm
Learn More...
United States
16296 Posts
 Posted 03/09/2009  7:00 pm  Show Profile   Check vermontensium's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add vermontensium to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Very cool find!
ANA LM1214396
Valued Member
United States
357 Posts
 Posted 03/09/2009  8:32 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add norseman012 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Just finished going through a box of pennies and besides the usual dozon or two wheats I found a 1911, 1918, and a 1920-s in good and one very nice 1950-s in XF
Bedrock of the Community
United States
16071 Posts
 Posted 03/09/2009  10:40 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add BadThad to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
1911! WOOT! That beats my oldest find, 1918.
Lincoln Cent Lover!
Pillar of the Community
967 Posts
 Posted 03/09/2009  11:03 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add still lookin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Just found both of these tonight in the same box.

http://s622.photobucket.com/albums/...=2006DDO.jpg
Valued Member
United States
101 Posts
 Posted 03/10/2009  3:46 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add sully to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
i found a 74 s in a box the other day. a little toning on it. still has great detail tho
Pillar of the Community
United States
1007 Posts
 Posted 03/10/2009  9:28 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add matchbox to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
For the first time since I joined this forum I stopped at a local bank and bought two Lincoln Cent rolls. When I smiled and asked the teller for "two rolls of circulated pennies, please", she gave me a glare that I didn't care for. Unfriendly towards coin collectors?

The only keepers from the 100 pennies I scanned was a 2007 Canadian cent, a couple of 1969D, a 1964, a fairly nice 1959 and that was it. A smattering of 1970's era coins not worth keeping. I'm not discouraged tho as it was a very inexpensive ($1) way to spend a few hours. I'll try it again.

Ken

Valued Member
Canada
74 Posts
 Posted 03/14/2009  8:36 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add bargar to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I found this 1919 wheat one cent sorting through rolled coins

[URL="http://img27.imageshack.us/my.php?image=usao.jpg][/URL]
[URL="http://g.imageshack.us/img27/usao.jpg/1/][/URL]

[URL="http://img27.imageshack.us/my.php?image=usa1.jpg][/URL]
[URL="http://g.imageshack.us/img27/usa1.jpg/1/][/URL]

I know it's not in the best of shape but thought I would still post it on here.

Edited by bargar
03/14/2009 8:38 pm
Valued Member
United States
286 Posts
 Posted 03/14/2009  8:39 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add zeke5 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice find.
Valued Member
Canada
74 Posts
 Posted 03/14/2009  8:50 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add bargar to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks. I was thinking about cleaning it but not sure if I should or just leave it alone?
Valued Member
United States
286 Posts
 Posted 03/14/2009  8:58 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add zeke5 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I would not clean it.
Page: of 927 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 20.42 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05