Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Cool Lincoln Roll Finds (From Bank Rolls) - Post Yours!

First page | Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 14,126 / Views: 1,033,106Next Topic
Page: of 942
Pillar of the Community
United States
1219 Posts
 Posted 12/08/2008  10:00 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add MorgansRmine to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Hi BT, while checking the enlarged reverse of the 1983D, I see what looks like trails coming bottom left side of AMER. Don't think these will ever bring a large premium, just interesting. Also like the ghost like smiley face where Lincoln is sitting.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1446 Posts
 Posted 12/08/2008  10:48 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hockingzig to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Here's four from last weeks searching! I am seeing a lot of 60's and early 70's in great condition lately.

Image: img057.jpg
59.98 KB

Image: img058.jpg
58.47 KB

Image: img059.jpg
59.51 KB

Image: img060.jpg
59.07 KB
Pillar of the Community
United States
1800 Posts
 Posted 12/08/2008  11:58 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add rockdude to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Found this the other day.

Bedrock of the Community
United States
16529 Posts
 Posted 12/08/2008  7:20 pm  Show Profile   Check BadThad's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add BadThad to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Here's four from last weeks searching! I am seeing a lot of 60's and early 70's in great condition lately.

Wow...those are GREAT! Congrats!

Rockdude - Very nice...check out those die polish lines!
Lincoln Cent Lover!
Edited by BadThad
12/08/2008 7:21 pm
Bedrock of the Community
United States
16529 Posts
 Posted 12/08/2008  7:23 pm  Show Profile   Check BadThad's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add BadThad to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Ran through 5 rolls tonight. Only 6 modern BU's worth saving but I did find these:

Lincoln Cent Lover!
Pillar of the Community
United States
1179 Posts
 Posted 12/08/2008  9:21 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ceaton to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
BT, these coming out of brinks rolls or rolls from your dealer? I havent grabbed a couple boxes yet this winter, soon enough i'll get the itch again and these finds are making me itch more ;)
Pillar of the Community
United States
1424 Posts
 Posted 12/08/2008  9:31 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add bmanofnbc to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thad,
I seem to find a LOT of those BU/AU 1968-S in rolls.
Any ideas why?
Bedrock of the Community
United States
16529 Posts
 Posted 12/08/2008  10:10 pm  Show Profile   Check BadThad's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add BadThad to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
BT, these coming out of brinks rolls or rolls from your dealer? I havent grabbed a couple boxes yet this winter, soon enough i'll get the itch again and these finds are making me itch more ;)

Nope, I just go to the bank and ask for a box. Most banks don't like giving them out, so I bring a box to trade-in with me....then they have no excuse. LOL
Lincoln Cent Lover!
Bedrock of the Community
United States
16529 Posts
 Posted 12/08/2008  10:15 pm  Show Profile   Check BadThad's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add BadThad to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Thad,
I seem to find a LOT of those BU/AU 1968-S in rolls.
Any ideas why?

I don't know, maybe people are turning in their old hoards of cents. I'm acutally very surprized to find any BU's from the 60's and 70's. I ususally get a few per box, like maybe 4 or 5. I get a lot that are still red, but they are pretty beat up so they get culled. I only keep BU's from this range that are nice.
Lincoln Cent Lover!
Pillar of the Community
United States
2518 Posts
 Posted 12/09/2008  07:55 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add TreasHunt to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I think that the 1968S were hoarded when they were released simply because they were the first S mints since 1955.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
16529 Posts
 Posted 12/09/2008  4:15 pm  Show Profile   Check BadThad's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add BadThad to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Good point TreasHunt! Must be people getting rid of their hoards or family members spending them. I also see a lot of these but they are usually from Good to EF at best.
Lincoln Cent Lover!
Valued Member
United States
462 Posts
 Posted 12/09/2008  5:54 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add MtnCoinMan to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Just bought a box of $25.00 worth of pennies at Wells Fargo. Hope to get them searched this week. Will be interesting to see what $25.00 worth of "unsearched wheatie rolls" vs $25.00 worth of bank rolls will produce.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
16529 Posts
 Posted 12/09/2008  6:55 pm  Show Profile   Check BadThad's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add BadThad to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Just bought a box of $25.00 worth of pennies at Wells Fargo. Hope to get them searched this week. Will be interesting to see what $25.00 worth of "unsearched wheatie rolls" vs $25.00 worth of bank rolls will produce.

A LOT more Memorial cents!
Lincoln Cent Lover!
Bedrock of the Community
United States
16529 Posts
 Posted 12/09/2008  10:52 pm  Show Profile   Check BadThad's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add BadThad to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Kind of a bummer night, searched 11 rolls and only got 8 modern BU's worth keeping. Picked out a few red coppers, not much to be excited about, they were pretty much AU RD.

Did pick out a neat, neon blue 1981D:

Lincoln Cent Lover!
Learn More...
United States
88810 Posts
 Posted 12/10/2008  10:40 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Did pick out a neat, neon blue 1981D:
Very nice!
Page: of 942 Previous TopicReplies: 14,126 / Views: 1,033,106Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 18.11 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05