Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Cool Lincoln Roll Finds (From Bank Rolls) - Post Yours!

Previous Page | Next Page | Last Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 927
Valued Member
United States
146 Posts
 Posted 04/12/2009  2:21 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ImTheCrew to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
how do you guys know what year to look for.. like which years have WAM's or other rare variates... like the 88 LC.... what I'm currently is looking for 99,98,00 wams and copper... dont really know what else to look for in specific dates.. is there a list or something?
Pillar of the Community
United States
4519 Posts
 Posted 04/12/2009  5:13 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add daviscfad to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
well I try to glance from 1993-present for WAMS.. I also look at the 1992 and 92-d for the " CAM" Close AM. I look for the DDR on the 1983. the DOubled ear lobe on the 1984. The doubled column on the 1994. 1995 and 1995 DDO. I also look for 1997 doubled ear lobe and the 2006 doubled ear lobe. If you go to coppercoins.com he has a whole lot of different die varietys. Hope this helps.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
16068 Posts
 Posted 04/13/2009  10:44 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add BadThad to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
You know, life is incredible sometimes....the box I bought at the same time as my best box ever is turning out to be my WORST box ever. I can't even motivate myself to work on this box. It felt like work opening another 10 rolls tonight.
Lincoln Cent Lover!
Valued Member
United States
195 Posts
 Posted 04/13/2009  10:48 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Rollhunter1994 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I found my first 1943 steel Wheat cent a few days ago.
Pillar of the Community
United States
4519 Posts
 Posted 04/13/2009  11:05 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add daviscfad to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I know the feeling thatd. Congrats on your 43 rollhunter! I have not found a steelie yet
Pillar of the Community
United States
2224 Posts
 Posted 04/14/2009  03:36 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coppernickeldaddy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
InTheCrew,

Here is what I look for:
1960d Small Date over Large Date, and two other doubled dies, one showing primarily in "WE" of In God We Trust, and the other on the date
1964 DDR (most notable on the last S in STATES)
1968d DDR (clearly visible on the FG designers initials)
1969s DDO (VERY clear, and very valuable!)
1970s Small Date DDO (clearest on IN GOD WE TRUST)
1971 DDO (IN GOD WE TRUST)
1972 DDO (lots of doubled dies this year, all fun to find, some quite valuable)
1972s DDO (EXTREMELY RARE, clearest on IN GOD WE TRUST)
1980 DDO (clearest on the date, scarce)
1983 DDR (very clear on all lettering)
1984 DDO (doubled ear, very obvious)
1992 and 1992d CAM (the 92 is scarce, and I believe the 92d is either one or two known)
1996 WAM (unique)
1998 WAM (scarce)
1999 WAM (rare)
2000 WAM (tough to find, but the easiest of the WAM's)
I also personally look at the reverses of all 94,95,97, and 2001 cents for the possibility of finding another WAM
1994 DDR (two different DDR's, both different combinations of doubled columns)
1995 DDO (clearest on LIBERTY and IN)
1995d DDO (scarce, clearest on WE)
1996d with Lathe Lines - no real market established for these as of yet, but they are scarce. These lines are in concentric circles on the obverse of the coin, giving the coin surface a "bullseye" look. I've found about a half dozen of these.
1997 DDO (doubled earlobe)
2001 DDO (mostly visible on the Y of Liberty)
2004 DDR (E PLURIBUS UNUM, look for the dots in the motto to be distended (not round))
2004d DDR (similar to 2004 DDR)
2006 DDO Lots of doubled dies this year, the most valuable ones show either a doubled earlobe or an almost visible to the naked eye doubling on LIBERTY. Identified on coppercoins.com as 1DO-017, don;t mistake this for a large number of less dramatic doubled Liberty DDO's

That is a summary of what I look for. See coppercoins.com for many many more varieties and detailed pictures of most of the above; it is an invaluable resource!
Valued Member
United States
248 Posts
 Posted 04/14/2009  11:04 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Cole317 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for that list coppernickeldaddy!
Valued Member
United States
146 Posts
 Posted 04/16/2009  9:20 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ImTheCrew to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
thank you very much for that list....

found a 1966 Canadian one cent piece... dont know anything about them
Valued Member
United States
248 Posts
 Posted 04/16/2009  10:44 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Cole317 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
After literally 3 boxes of NADA, I got a box today and got my first IHC!! It's pretty dang worn, but it's an 1880 so I'm in noooo way complaining, I'm still excited about it.... In that box I also got 18 canadians (a lot more than usual) an ungodly amount of AU coppers mostly from the 70's, and only 5 common date wheats, but hey I got an IHC!!
Valued Member
United States
146 Posts
 Posted 04/16/2009  11:26 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ImTheCrew to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
congrats cole... I'm on my first box... still no IHC... but congrats on your find
Pillar of the Community
United States
2224 Posts
 Posted 04/17/2009  01:01 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coppernickeldaddy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
1880? NICE!
Pillar of the Community
United States
2541 Posts
 Posted 04/17/2009  2:49 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Gothic Florin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
How hard do you think it would be to build a collection of Canadian cents from U.S. Lincoln rolls? (say 1975 to now?) I already have about 4 dates I've pulled. The 1974 seems very common, I have 3 of those already from rolls.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1880 Posts
 Posted 04/17/2009  2:58 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add steve199 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
How hard do you think it would be to build a collection of Canadian cents from U.S. Lincoln rolls?

Funny that you asked that...just last night that question rolled through my head as I was pulling (another) one out of a roll. The next question that went through my head was "Are you crazy?"

In a year maybe I can answer both questions.

Valued Member
United States
286 Posts
 Posted 04/17/2009  8:33 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add zeke5 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I was just thinking about the same thing. I have some nice Canadian cents from the 1940's.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1446 Posts
 Posted 04/17/2009  9:07 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hockingzig to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I have only been roll searching for one year and I am only 5 short of a complete Canadian set from 1941 to present. They are not all top quality and I don't have all of the varieties but I am only 5 dates short of the set.It can be done and by this time next year I hope mine is complete. My brother lives about 2 miles from Canada in upstate Vermont, maybe I will have him send me some rolls from up that way!
Page: of 927 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 16.13 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05