Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest! Check out our Google+!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Cool Lincoln Roll Finds (from bank rolls) - Post Yours!  

Previous Page | Next Page    

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 852
Pillar of the Community
United States
869 Posts
 Posted 12/10/2008  11:36 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coindexter to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
oldest/nicest roll find so far.

Learn More...
United States
43426 Posts
 Posted 12/10/2008  11:41 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
oldest/nicest roll find so far.
Wow! You found that in a roll?
Bedrock of the Community
United States
14149 Posts
 Posted 12/10/2008  1:00 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add BadThad to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
WOW! A 47D in a modern bank roll? AWESOME!
Lincoln Cent Lover!
Pillar of the Community
United States
869 Posts
 Posted 12/10/2008  1:16 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coindexter to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yep nice 47 Thanks JBuck & Thad
That made my day to find that one. All the other nice finds are put to rest in there folders or 2X2s. I did say "folders" as I'm starting my 2nd Lincoln set(to sell off later). Here are some roll finds that didn't make the grade but still are in nice shape.

I found a bank that don't take customer wrapped rolls. It's nice knowing the rolls are from out of town. The rolls are all in shrink tubing. Is this a repossessed mint thing or do the coin-star machines do that? I also found lots of Canada cents. Don't coin-star machine kick thos back? All my finds with $10 worth of rolls 5 wheat's plus gobs of bright 60s-70s

Edited by coindexter
12/10/2008 1:31 pm
Valued Member
United States
122 Posts
 Posted 12/10/2008  4:09 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Big-byte to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
This is the best one I have found. It is AU 1038S. It looks great in my Dansco album. The only red one on the page. I found it in a bank roll three years ago. I quit doing that stuff due to Hurricane Katrina, but recently resumed it. Crazy hobby (or is it a compulsion?)

Image: 1938SLinc-obv.jpg
22.27 KB

Image: 1938S-Linc-rev.jpg
24.05 KB
Valued Member
United States
122 Posts
 Posted 12/10/2008  4:10 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Big-byte to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Duh..... I meant to say 1938, not 1038. My bad.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
14149 Posts
 Posted 12/10/2008  6:12 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add BadThad to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Congrats...that's a heck of a 1938S for a roll find!
Lincoln Cent Lover!
Valued Member
Canada
122 Posts
 Posted 12/10/2008  7:58 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add rogers to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
VERY nice 1938S! The oldest I've gotten so far is a Canadian 1947ML, and the oldest American (from Canadian rolls) a 1942D. Neither are anywhere near what you got!
Pillar of the Community
United States
936 Posts
 Posted 12/10/2008  9:01 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add chrsb to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I have found all of these this year searching wheat rolls

Pillar of the Community
United States
2224 Posts
 Posted 12/10/2008  9:15 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coppernickeldaddy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
TWO 09VDB's? You da Man!
Pillar of the Community
United States
2224 Posts
 Posted 12/10/2008  9:16 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coppernickeldaddy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Oh, I just noticed that you found those searching WHEAT rolls! I thought that you found those in bank rolls! Still really nice!
Bedrock of the Community
United States
14149 Posts
 Posted 12/11/2008  09:03 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add BadThad to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Oh, I just noticed that you found those searching WHEAT rolls! I thought that you found those in bank rolls! Still really nice!

Yea, Chris cheated.

Hey Chris....we're talking about rolls we paid 50 cents for in this thread. LOL
Lincoln Cent Lover!
Valued Member
United States
462 Posts
 Posted 12/11/2008  09:37 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add MtnCoinMan to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Last night, in a bank roll, I got a strange coin that has the number 2 on it and some arabic writing. It is very light, like it is made of aluminum. It is also not round, it kind of looks like flower petals and a stop sign shape cross of a design. Any ideas? No idea how to post a picture.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
14149 Posts
 Posted 12/12/2008  8:17 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add BadThad to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Opened 5 rolls tonight, one 1957 Wheat in EF, only 4 modern BU's worth saving (got a nice 1983!) but I got about 6 nice coppers, red AU:

Lincoln Cent Lover!
Edited by BadThad
12/12/2008 8:19 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
936 Posts
 Posted 12/13/2008  3:31 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add chrsb to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Page: of 852 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Ending Soon   Newly Listed   Lowest Price   Highest Price   Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2017 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2017 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.82 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05