Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Cool Lincoln Roll Finds (From Bank Rolls) - Post Yours!

Previous Page | Next Page | Last Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 927
Pillar of the Community
United States
1856 Posts
 Posted 06/18/2009  7:39 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ratman4762 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I grabbed a few rolls today and got a log cabin and my first splitter!
Valued Member
United States
248 Posts
 Posted 06/18/2009  10:09 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Cole317 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Got 3 boxes of pennies today, Box one had my first blank planchet!! It's taken me 75 bank boxes and hundreds and hundreds worth of customer rolls! It's a copper too, with the rim. In this box I only got 2 wheats, 40, and 57D. I'm starting those other two boxes right now, but I'm just happy about the blank!
Pillar of the Community
United States
3046 Posts
 Posted 06/21/2009  07:38 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add yotie to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
i got one roll from the grocery yesterday it was a coustomer wraped roll and it was 100% copper 21 wheats oldest was 35 and the newest was a BU 66
Pillar of the Community
United States
3973 Posts
 Posted 06/21/2009  4:05 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add chuckster 125 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yesterday, I decided to go to a different branch of the same local bank that I do business with, about 15 miles from my home, and try my luck there with some rolls.

Picked up $10.00 worth- good move, "Jackpot!"

I'll be going back tomorrow to see if they have any more from that same teller!

Out of the 20 rolls, I got 5 rolls with various dates and mint-marks from 1959 to 1982- all copper and all at least BU and some are definitely MS Grade.

*Interesting thing about this is that the entire 20 rolls were all NF String & Son Inc, Harrisburg PA bank wrapped rolls- not one roll was from a local customer cashing them in*

Here are some pics of a few of the coins.

Edited by chuckster 125
06/21/2009 4:34 pm
Bedrock of the Community
United States
16068 Posts
 Posted 06/21/2009  4:56 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add BadThad to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice haul chuck!
Lincoln Cent Lover!
Valued Member
United States
286 Posts
 Posted 06/21/2009  6:33 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add zeke5 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Great find Chuck. Gotta love those BU copper memorials.
Valued Member
United States
323 Posts
 Posted 06/21/2009  9:32 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coincollectingkid to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
i bought my first box of pennies today and I was surprised to find 8 wheats and 13 log cabins!
Valued Member
United States
323 Posts
 Posted 06/23/2009  8:57 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coincollectingkid to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
what are some things to look for when searching, like errors and stuff?
Valued Member
United States
213 Posts
 Posted 06/23/2009  9:58 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add paul to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
First, Stop double posting. It is a pain to read and you seem to have a penchant for it. Knock it off. Use the edit button.

You should look for coins with wide AM( WAM) This means that the am in america is spaced funny. Never seen one myself.

Other than that, just pull out ones that look funny. After looking at a few thousand normal coins, one that has an error will catch your attention.
Pillar of the Community
United States
4519 Posts
 Posted 06/23/2009  11:18 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add daviscfad to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
First, Stop double posting. It is a pain to read and you seem to have a penchant for it. Knock it off. Use the edit button.

Normally I dont say anything but you should chill a little paul. coincollectingkid posted
Quote:
this I bought my first box of pennies today and I was surprised to find 8 wheats and 13 log cabins!
over two days ago. sometimes when you edit something thats older than a day it does not get read. Oh and I almost forgot to both of you
United States
12 Posts
 Posted 06/24/2009  10:57 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Gilbert to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'm also a roll hunter and I have found that small out of the way banks are the places to purchase rolls of penny's or any other rolled coins. My two top finds are the fine to very fine 1914-d (a little pitted but has some nice details)and a 1922-D that has a "D" so lightly struck that you need a glass and a lot of light to see it. Again go to small banks to hunt would be my advice.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1082 Posts
 Posted 06/24/2009  11:36 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add WpgLwr to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Sometimes, small town banks can be even better!
Valued Member
United States
160 Posts
 Posted 06/25/2009  12:54 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add lizzyjo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I went through eight rolls today (I only had four dollars in my wallet to exchange at the bank), but I think I did pretty well. Two of the rolls were completely filled with disgusting, corroded, calcified cents. Yuck!
My finds:
> Five wheaties: 1939s, 1944, 1950s, 1951, 1954s (1.25% wheaties)
> Canadian penny 1982
> 19.25% copper
> An Asian coin that I've never seen before. It has a 1 on it, and it's about a millimeter wider than a cent. I don't have my camera with me or else I'd take a picture. Does anyone know what this could be?
Pillar of the Community
United States
1856 Posts
 Posted 06/25/2009  01:01 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ratman4762 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Lizzyjo
Quote:
An Asian coin that I've never seen before. It has a 1 on it, and it's about a millimeter wider than a cent. I don't have my camera with me or else I'd take a picture. Does anyone know what this could be?
You might have better luck with this question in the unidentified coin section, and pictures and/or more info will be requested.
Pillar of the Community
United States
3973 Posts
 Posted 06/25/2009  09:04 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add chuckster 125 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Latest from approx $20.00 from the same bank that I found all those BU Coppers.
1. 1971P LMC- Clipped Planchet
1. 1972P 1-DO-008
1. 1998 Wide AM- (MS GRADE!)
1. 1906 IHC (VG)
1. 1900- 1/2 Real from the Republic of Guatemala*

A few Lincoln Wheatbacks- nothing noteworthy on the wheaties.

Found in the reject coin bin- by magnets.
1-1943P Steel Wheatback
1-1995 Great Britain- Large Copper Plated Steel One Penny

Edited by chuckster 125
06/25/2009 09:17 am
Page: of 927 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 21.4 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05