Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Cool Lincoln Roll Finds (From Bank Rolls) - Post Yours!

Previous Page | Next Page | Last Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 927
Pillar of the Community
United States
3046 Posts
 Posted 01/07/2009  9:34 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add yotie to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
no pics yet but I got a 72 S my first frisco cent and got a 41 41D and a 59
Valued Member
United States
122 Posts
 Posted 01/08/2009  5:49 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Big-byte to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I suppose my circulation finds don't count because it was before most of you nice people were born. My best friend had a summertine college job in a gas station in 1958 to 1960. He accumulated four STP Oil Treatment pint jugs full of pennies. He and I sat down in 1964 and went through them and put the best examples in Whitman folders. He got first pick and I took second. We didn't know nothin' I put the album away and went on with my life, perhaps noticing it every ten years or so. I recently became involved in this hobby and I am astoundedto find that I have some pennies worth $80 to $100 apiece! My best one is a BU 1931S. Can anyone say $135? I have them in a Dansco album and all of the holes are filled but three (the BIG ones). I called my friend last week to ask if he still has his Whitman folder. He said he hasn't seen it in forty years or so. Doesn't know where it is. I told him to hunt and hunt hard.

The saddest part is that he took the jugs to his bank and deposited the remaining coins for face value!Wouldn't we all love to have those jugs in our hands today!
Learn More...
United States
78272 Posts
 Posted 01/08/2009  6:14 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I recently became involved in this hobby and I am astounded... I have them in a Dansco album and all of the holes are filled but three...
Now that is a nice "find" if I ever saw one!
Bedrock of the Community
United States
16056 Posts
 Posted 01/08/2009  7:04 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add BadThad to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Big-byte! Great story! A BU 31S picked out of change....that's AWESOME!

....I wish it was before I was born. LOL
Lincoln Cent Lover!
Valued Member
United States
122 Posts
 Posted 01/09/2009  4:33 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Big-byte to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
To expound on what I said, I actually had 16 holes in the album. I purchased cents for these holes all except three. They only cost me 50 cents to $8.00, except for the 1911-S at $20. I think if a young collector would get a Red Book from ten years ago and get one from today, he could see how some Lincolns have moved up in value. Pick a few favorites and stock up on them. In five years, put them out on EBay and make a profit. Or better yet, hold them for 30-40 years and make a large profit. Money market yields are pitiful. You can use certain coins for your children's college fund if you're smart. Just accumulate little by little. I'm not the first one who thinks that way.
Pillar of the Community
United States
3046 Posts
 Posted 01/10/2009  07:51 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add yotie to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
didnt Ben Franklin say "A penny saved is a penny earned?"

found a 52D last night and a G4 59 :(
Valued Member
United States
322 Posts
 Posted 01/11/2009  02:09 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mikep to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Well... these aren't Lincolns, but I did find them today in bank rolls. Pretty cool. I wouldn't want to mess with that guy on the Panamanian Coin. Looks like he means business!

Valued Member
United States
462 Posts
 Posted 01/11/2009  2:11 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add MtnCoinMan to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
This is my worst box so far: 2500 one cent coins.
1919S
1934P
1946P
1952D

But no foreign coins, not even Canadian.

I did find a few hole fillers in near AU condition from the 60s and 70s.

I think it is time to try a different bank.

Valued Member
United States
322 Posts
 Posted 01/12/2009  6:37 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mikep to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I found this one over the weekend. I really like it.

Pillar of the Community
United States
1121 Posts
 Posted 01/12/2009  6:49 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add neversuited1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I Would LOVE to post in this Thread!! Just been too busy to roll search..uhg. Nice finds!
Bedrock of the Community
United States
16056 Posts
 Posted 01/12/2009  7:24 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add BadThad to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
COOL...that 1941 woody ROCKS! Great find! I like that 1980 Panama cent too, I want one!
Lincoln Cent Lover!
Bedrock of the Community
United States
16056 Posts
 Posted 01/12/2009  7:25 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add BadThad to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
This is my worst box so far: 2500 one cent coins.
1919S
1934P
1946P
1952D

But no foreign coins, not even Canadian.

I did find a few hole fillers in near AU condition from the 60s and 70s.

I think it is time to try a different bank.

What? Not even any BU's?
Lincoln Cent Lover!
United States
43 Posts
 Posted 01/13/2009  10:49 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add wheatnut to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I went to the bank last week and got four dollars of wheat pennies that someone dumped there. the old ones were 1911 1914 1918 1919 1919d 1920
there was also two steel cents and a blank planchet. Also 3 canadians 45 69 72 and 5 LMC's.
United States
43 Posts
 Posted 01/13/2009  10:53 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add wheatnut to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
yesterday I got $21 in pennies and I didnt get a single wheat. I did get 25 canadians. one was a 1943. so far the king george pennies ive found are 1942 1943 1944 1945 1947ml 1950 1951 and 1952
Learn More...
United States
78272 Posts
Page: of 927 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 1.31 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05