Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

2021 US Mint Product Schedule

First page | Previous Page | Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 200 / Views: 8,911Next Topic
Page: of 14
Valued Member
United States
407 Posts
 Posted 02/21/2021  1:02 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mrpapageorgio to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Anybody's Proof ASE showing in possession with USPS yet? Got the tracking number 2 days after purchase, but still no sign USPS received the coin yet.
Valued Member
United States
472 Posts
 Posted 02/21/2021  1:49 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dearborn to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I don't even have a tracking number yet..
"Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn." -Benjamin Franklin
Pillar of the Community
United States
1672 Posts
 Posted 02/21/2021  7:51 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Bret to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I got a shipping notice... that shipping is delayed because of weather. :(
United States
49 Posts
 Posted 02/21/2021  8:06 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add 1847bill to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Same notice of delay. I'm in Texas. Nothing but delays. I see the Christa McAuliffe proof coin is no longer for sale. They only pre sold around 17k.
Valued Member
United States
472 Posts
 Posted 02/21/2021  8:14 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dearborn to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Well I just got my tracking number!!
920019025996882689xxxx
"Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn." -Benjamin Franklin
Learn More...
United States
96136 Posts
 Posted 02/22/2021  12:22 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Also, pictures have been posted for the 2021 Proof Set. The set still has two lenses, with the two quarters in a separate lense.
I figured it would. There is just not much room for seven coins in one standard lens without being crowded.
Learn More...
United States
96136 Posts
 Posted 02/22/2021  12:24 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
A private company could produce the same proof set for between $5 and $10 and still make a good profit. It's well past time to turn over operation of the mint to private companies.

I do not want my coins made in China. Sorry, but that is exactly where they would be made if US coin minting were privatized.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1672 Posts
 Posted 02/22/2021  1:05 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Bret to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That's not the case. Just as private companies operate the government owned Lake City, Missouri munitions facility, the same can be done at the mint facilities. Americans employed by Winchester currently run the Lake City facility, so there's no made in China ammunition for our military. It's likely that most of the same mint employees would elect to continue working as the problems are mostly a management issue. Quality based incentives could be introduced. The mint facilities might even compete against each other for portions of business.
Pillar of the Community
United States
596 Posts
 Posted 02/22/2021  1:47 pm  Show Profile   Check captainrich's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add captainrich to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The joys of privatization: Last year, the US Mint used a private third-party novelty coin manufacturer to colorize its basketball commemoratives -- and the top tier grading companies couldn't wait to grade/slab them (even though previously they'd never consider grading the post-production colorized coins from this company).
Learn More...
United States
96136 Posts
 Posted 02/22/2021  3:34 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Bret, I disagree.

Guns are different, there is competition with many manufactures and the market (the military) benefits.

However, there could (should) only be one entity making our coins. I do not think competition will work with a fixed price product where the cheapest will win and they always go with the cheapest labour (Asia).
United States
39 Posts
 Posted 02/22/2021  3:37 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add smuglr to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
What happened to the Air Force silver medal? Had been on the schedule for today just a couple days ago - now TBD.

On the proof set - 3 less quarters than last year and still at the same increased price - with no 'free' add on - definitely a pass.
Edited by smuglr
02/22/2021 3:38 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
596 Posts
 Posted 02/22/2021  5:45 pm  Show Profile   Check captainrich's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add captainrich to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
What happened to the Air Force silver medal? Had been on the schedule for today just a couple days ago - now TBD.

On the proof set - 3 less quarters than last year and still at the same increased price - with no 'free' add on - definitely a pass.

Yes, shortly before it was to go on sale, the United States Air Force 2.5 Ounce Silver Medal was dropped all the way to the bottom of the US Mint's 2021 Product Schedule, with a new release date of TBD!

Also interesting, the Tuskegee Airmen National Historic Site 2021 3-Coin Quarter Set went on sale Friday morning, but the availability status quickly changed to Unavailable later in the afternoon (even though there is no mintage or product limit).

But I know, I know... it's all because of that pesky Covid.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1672 Posts
 Posted 02/22/2021  7:29 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Bret to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
However, there could (should) only be one entity making our coins. I do not think competition will work with a fixed price product where the cheapest will win and they always go with the cheapest labour (Asia).

In situations like this, the government contracts stipulate the requirements. First and foremost, all coins would have to be made in the current mints by U.S. workers. Contracts can also have provisions regarding quality. Quality is gauged by 3rd party services. What we have right now is not working. The mint's cost to manufacture is way out of control and they're raping collectors to top it off. The mint is way out of touch with their collecting customers. Their communication is crap. Private companies operating government facilities happens all the time at federal, state and local levels. The vast majority of the time, these companies do so for less and the result is better quality.
Valued Member
United States
407 Posts
 Posted 02/22/2021  7:46 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mrpapageorgio to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Speak of the devil, just got notice from USPS it's in their possession. Scheduled to arrive Friday............let's see how that holds up these days.
Valued Member
United States
472 Posts
 Posted 02/23/2021  07:32 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dearborn to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Speak of the devil, just got notice from USPS it's in their possession. Scheduled to arrive Friday............let's see how that holds up these days.

Hey, me too!!

Lets see who gets it first! post up a pic of it when you get it.
Page: of 14 Previous TopicReplies: 200 / Views: 8,911Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.84 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05