Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

2021 US Mint Product Schedule

First page | Previous Page | Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 223 / Views: 11,590Next Topic
Page: of 15
Learn More...
United States
97871 Posts
 Posted 03/04/2021  1:51 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Who regulates the government to make sure they're not overcharging?
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
Valued Member
United States
96 Posts
 Posted 03/04/2021  5:16 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add bcuda to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I received my two ASE's yesterday.
Learn More...
United States
97871 Posts
Pillar of the Community
United States
873 Posts
 Posted 03/05/2021  7:09 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add NumisEd to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Just stop buying from the Mint.
If you like 2021 ASEs, just buy them for a bit above melt on eBay in a couple of years from now.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1022 Posts
 Posted 03/05/2021  7:53 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dearborn to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

But who watches the watchers that the watchers watch?

Collecting since 1972. Learning from then on
"Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn." -Benjamin Franklin
My Dansco 7070 type set coin count: 31/76
My Dansco 8176 Eisenhower set coin count: 36/36
Learn More...
United States
97871 Posts
 Posted 03/08/2021  11:45 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
But who watches the watchers that the watchers watch?
Turtles all the way down.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1677 Posts
 Posted 03/08/2021  11:54 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Bret to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I just realized that not only does the 2021 silver proof set have the same price as last year's set despite having three fewer quarters, but they previously raised the price of the 2020 silver proof set from $63.25 to $105.00. Do they not realize that the silver proof set has less than an ounce of silver? If there was ever such a thing as price gouging, this is it.
Pillar of the Community
United States
873 Posts
 Posted 03/08/2021  12:31 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add NumisEd to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
f there was ever such a thing as price gouging, this is it.

Just wait. Only "suckers" will buy these sets now and grossly overpay. In a couple of years from now you will be able to buy these sets off eBay for dimes on the dollar.
Valued Member
United States
125 Posts
 Posted 03/08/2021  7:42 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Eagle4Life to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
https://www.coinworld.com/news/us-c...bulk-dealers

Well look at that. The ASE proof was sold early to favor dealers.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
10907 Posts
 Posted 03/08/2021  9:46 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CelticKnot to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for the link, Eagle4Life. Somehow, I'm not surprised.

Does anyone know if the '21 ASE Reverse of '21 (Type II? whatever) coins will be covered by subscription, either existing subscription or new?
Learn More...
United States
97871 Posts
 Posted 03/09/2021  12:22 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Well look at that. The ASE proof was sold early to favor dealers.
Valued Member
United States
156 Posts
 Posted 03/09/2021  2:35 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Erscolo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
http://goccf.com/t/386951#3374754

The 2021 proof and silver proof sets are the same price as the 2020 sets ended up at. I inactivated my enrollment for the 2021 silver proof set, and will stick to a complete set of 1992-2020. The price is too high, even if silver set to record highs, which it has not done in more than three decades. I will wait for the silver dollars later in the year, which may also be exorbitantly priced.
Pillar of the Community
United States
671 Posts
 Posted 03/09/2021  3:35 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add RPT to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The Mint shipped my proof sets UPS Ground too. Have they given up on the USPS?
Pillar of the Community
United States
873 Posts
 Posted 03/09/2021  4:24 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add NumisEd to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The Mint is preying on your emotions of greed and fear of missing out.
Try to resist and NOT buy ANYTHING from The Mint the coming years.
Valued Member
United States
425 Posts
 Posted 03/09/2021  6:32 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mrpapageorgio to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I only want to get the silver proof set just to complete the quarters with the Tuskegee Airmen, but I may just get the silver quarter as a standalone if they're going to charge $100 for the set.
Page: of 15 Previous TopicReplies: 223 / Views: 11,590Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.86 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05