Coin Community Family of Web Sites
YourCoinBox is offering a stress free way to appraise and sell your coins from the comfort of your home. Our goal is to create an ultra transparent and no pressure experience for finding out what your coins are worth and what to do with them.
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

2021 US Mint Product Schedule

First page | Previous Page | Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 358 / Views: 20,948Next Topic
Page: of 24
Pillar of the Community
United States
686 Posts
 Posted 05/19/2021  4:15 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add RPT to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Doesn't look like this years commemorative dollars are selling very well.

As of May 16th.

Christa McAuliffe Uncirculated: 11,583
Christa McAuliffe Proof: 36,649
National Law Enforcement Uncirculated: 6,910
National Law Enforcement Proof: 20,513
Pillar of the Community
United States
570 Posts
 Posted 05/19/2021  9:48 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coincollector123 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
If you find a collector of commemorative dollar coins, the National Law Enforcement coins may be a key date but its speculation.

Now one thing that came out with more info is the 2 coin 1/10oz gold coin set. It is now named Designers Edition and has a mintage of 5k with a handful of signed COA.
Not sure how these will differ than the 1/10oz ones coming out on July 8th as those have a mintage limit of 20,250 (10,000 coin only and 10,250 being the 4 coin set)

I guess we will have to see what other info gets released.
Valued Member
United States
408 Posts
 Posted 05/19/2021  10:11 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mellamobradley46 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
This stunning two-coin gold proof designer edition set contains a one-tenth ounce coin with the last of the original American Eagle Gold Coin designs and one with the first of the new designs.
Valued Member
United States
489 Posts
 Posted 05/19/2021  10:15 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add PNWType to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Doesn't look like this years commemorative dollars are selling very well

I think we're seeing the start of the US mint shooting itself in the foot by yanking prices up so high. I don't think the problem is lack of interest, I think the prices are just making people question if it's worth it. I feel like the McAuliffe should've been a hot seller if priced right
[Custom 7070 v3.0 WIP] - - - [Custom 7070 v2.0] - - - [Custom 7070 v1.0]
Valued Member
United States
408 Posts
 Posted 05/19/2021  10:21 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mellamobradley46 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I am not a math expert but the version 1 of the gold 1/10 oz coin has a mintage limit of 16,200. Since the combined total of sales of the 4 coin set plus the coin sold singularly is very close to that 16,200 number, I think you might be right about a different type of proof. Maybe an enhanced proof, or a "designer's" proof. Or maybe they just decided to ignore mintage limits again...
Valued Member
United States
69 Posts
 Posted 05/20/2021  07:40 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add misfit to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I think we're seeing the start of the US mint shooting itself in the foot by yanking prices up so high. I don't think the problem is lack of interest, I think the prices are just making people question if it's worth it. I feel like the McAuliffe should've been a hot seller if priced right

Agreed, high prices and there seems to be a lot going on this year.
I would go for the McAuliffe dollars but my budget is going to Morgan and Peace dollars, and new ASE's,,, if I can get them.
Learn More...
United States
101920 Posts
 Posted 05/20/2021  09:58 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I don't think the problem is lack of interest, I think the prices are just making people question if it's worth it.
I agree.
Pillar of the Community
United States
570 Posts
 Posted 05/20/2021  2:10 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coincollector123 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I definitely agree that high prices are playing alot in terms of how much is being sold. Especially with commemoratives as they seem to have been going down alot in terms of value, like the proof sets (excluding extremely low mintage ones). Only time will tell.
hopefully the designers proof coins will be different.
Valued Member
206 Posts
 Posted 05/20/2021  2:19 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add JohnH4444 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Where do you see how many products they sold? Can't seem to find it
Edit: found it
Edited by JohnH4444
05/20/2021 2:30 pm
Valued Member
206 Posts
 Posted 05/20/2021  2:38 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add JohnH4444 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
They only sold 1108 of the unc half eagle? Oh wait, it's because they are selling it for 400 dollars over spot.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1261 Posts
 Posted 05/20/2021  3:11 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add NumisEd to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Not a fan of the National Law Enforcement Memorial and Museum 2021 Uncirculated $5 Gold Coin.
It looks like it was made in North Korea.
Valued Member
206 Posts
 Posted 05/20/2021  3:40 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add JohnH4444 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
With the busts on the obverse floating in the middle of the coin, the designer's initials being everywhere, and the cluttered lettering, it really feels like something from out of China/Korea/Taiwan. Do police officers even wear caps anymore?
Pillar of the Community
United States
1261 Posts
 Posted 05/20/2021  3:44 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add NumisEd to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Looks like CCF is thrashing the Mint this year:

Prices are too high!
Not enough 2021 Barber and Peace dollars minted!
Why are there no proof 2021 Barber and Peace dollars?!
The 2021 proof sets are too skimpy!
Why are some designs so crappy?!

Valued Member
206 Posts
 Posted 05/20/2021  3:47 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add JohnH4444 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The half dollar could have been something If it was silver instead of clad, but 38 bucks is not justifiable for a clad half.

Valued Member
United States
489 Posts
 Posted 05/20/2021  4:08 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add PNWType to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Looks like CCF is thrashing the Mint this year
And we'll keep it up ! All those problems you brought up are well and truly frustrating!

The prices are much too high, the mintages for highly desirable things (the dollars) seem too low for interest, I had initially heard rumor of multiple finishes so the lack thereof (and fact that they will take until october to ship) is disappointing, for the price the proof sets are skimpy, and some of their designs do seem to be lacking in creativity

As a consumer based industry, they need to do a better job of pleasing and maintaining their consumer base
[Custom 7070 v3.0 WIP] - - - [Custom 7070 v2.0] - - - [Custom 7070 v1.0]
Page: of 24 Previous TopicReplies: 358 / Views: 20,948Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.61 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05