Coin Community Family of Web Sites
YourCoinBox is offering a stress free way to appraise and sell your coins from the comfort of your home. Our goal is to create an ultra transparent and no pressure experience for finding out what your coins are worth and what to do with them.
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

2021 US Mint Product Schedule

First page | Previous Page | Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 358 / Views: 21,212Next Topic
Page: of 24
Valued Member
United States
412 Posts
 Posted 06/11/2021  1:50 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mellamobradley46 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
So, does this 5,000 mintage and product limit (assuming it is the same coin), mean they did a second run for a separate mintage? That's the only legalese way I can think of to have this additional 5,000 coins not make the mintage limits stated for the coins earlier in the year not be false. That's very cunning of the mint. Either that, or it is a surprise different finish, or the mint just doesn't care about releasing accurate information.

In other words, is there anywhere where the mint clearly defines what they consider a mintage to be? Maybe the coins earlier in the year were mintage one, and this set is mintage two?
Edited by mellamobradley46
06/11/2021 1:52 pm
Learn More...
United States
102132 Posts
 Posted 06/11/2021  1:54 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
its nice seeing the TWO different AGE but its not like the reverse proof ASE set.
True, but my point is the gold set is shown here utilizing the two reverse designs (old and new). The silver set, regardless of finish or them being from two different mints, should also include both the old and new reverse designs. A silver reverse proof set using only the new designs (albeit from two different mints) is completely useless to me.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1217 Posts
 Posted 06/11/2021  2:07 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add BadDog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
... not make the mintage limits stated for the coins earlier in the year not be false ...

The numbers don't add up.

The old design is in 21EF (PL 8200), 21EE (PL 8000) and now 21XK (PL 5000). That's a total of 21200 but 21EE says the mintage limit is 16200.

The new design is in 21EFN (PL 10250), 21EEN (PL 10000) and now 21XK (PL 5000). That's a total of 25250 but 21EEN says the mintage limit is 20250.

The Mint sets these limits and they are free to change them. I expect you'll see the mintage limits indicated in 21EE and 21EEN go up by 5000 in each case in the near future.
Edited by BadDog
06/11/2021 2:14 pm
Valued Member
United States
412 Posts
 Posted 06/11/2021  3:18 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mellamobradley46 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yeah, I already did the math weeks ago. I was just wondering if the mint has a creative definition of what constitutes a mintage now. It seems this 5,000 coin set is a separate mintage of the same coins in their mind. Maybe the initial mintage was of type 1 coins only. The second mintage was of both type 1 and type 2. Who knows what they are thinking. I am just trying to think about how they would justify it, or more likely they won't even try.

I haven't completely given out hope that the finish will be slightly different.
Pillar of the Community
United States
577 Posts
 Posted 06/11/2021  3:58 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coincollector123 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
So the Type 1 AGE has a mintage so far of 8,000 Single coins plus 8,200 in the 4 coin set for a total of 16,200 coins.
Type II has 10,000 individual proof and 10,250 4 coin sets for a total of 20,250.
So from the mintage set, it looks like it doesn't include the proofs in the special set...
odd...
I wonder why those arent included in the totals.
Learn More...
United States
102132 Posts
 Posted 06/11/2021  4:04 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I wonder why those arent included in the totals.
Shenanigans!
United States
5 Posts
 Posted 06/11/2021  4:29 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add phillyprod to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I don't even think the new packaging on the type 2 Eagles is nice! I liked the velvet presentation clamshell boxes. The new boxes look cheap!
Learn More...
United States
102132 Posts
Pillar of the Community
United States
577 Posts
 Posted 06/11/2021  4:57 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coincollector123 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I don't even think the new packaging on the type 2 Eagles is nice! I liked the velvet presentation clamshell boxes. The new boxes look cheap!

I like the look of the packaging but compared to previous packaging it is such a drop in quality and presentation.
Valued Member
United States
112 Posts
 Posted 06/14/2021  08:27 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Corbe to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
US Air Force medal was moved from TBD to next Tue (Jun 22) for those interested.
Valued Member
United States
443 Posts
 Posted 06/15/2021  10:47 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add captaincoffee to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
As an AF retiree, I was originally interested...until I saw it was a medal and not a coin, and was $160 for 2.5 oz of silver. Pass.
Valued Member
United States
127 Posts
 Posted 06/15/2021  3:05 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Raised on rock to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
captaincoffee my thoughts exactly!
Valued Member
United States
112 Posts
 Posted 06/16/2021  6:05 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Corbe to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Oh, I guess I didn't notice that there is both a 1oz and 2.5oz AF medal, my bad. The lesser is still TBD. I thought something had moved from TBD but I guess not.
Pillar of the Community
United States
577 Posts
 Posted 06/17/2021  09:43 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coincollector123 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Oh, I guess I didn't notice that there is both a 1oz and 2.5oz AF medal, my bad. The lesser is still TBD. I thought something had moved from TBD but I guess not.

The 2.5 oz AF Medal is still on sale on June 22nd but a new 1 oz medal went to TBD
Pillar of the Community
United States
1323 Posts
 Posted 06/19/2021  06:14 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CollegeBarbers to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The 2020 Coin and Chronicles Set - George Herbert Walker Bush is now on the schedule for September 17.
Page: of 24 Previous TopicReplies: 358 / Views: 21,212Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.4 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05