Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

2021 US Mint Product Schedule

First page | Previous Page | Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 376 / Views: 30,529Next Topic
Page: of 26
Learn More...
United States
112162 Posts
 Posted 12/17/2020  11:06 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Just like the lack of individual proof and silver proof 2021 ATB Quarters.
Yeah, that one is going to sting for those who have not been buying the full sets to fill other holes.

Quote:
I'm going to be happy with the $1 coin in whatever finishes they offer, and the C&C set. Who knows, maybe we'll get a special finish in that.
Same. Just thankful we are getting it at all.
Valued Member
United States
398 Posts
 Posted 12/17/2020  12:43 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Reno32 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Why they still showing this design, when are the the new design coming out, if anyone know. Thanks
https://catalog.usmint.gov/american...uct-schedule
Pillar of the Community
United States
1764 Posts
 Posted 12/17/2020  2:23 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Bret to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Because they're going to start the year with the old design and then start producing the new design sometime during the year. Look about half way down the 2021 product schedule and you'll see the three new ASE's set for summer releases.
https://catalog.usmint.gov/product-schedule/2021/
Edited by Bret
12/17/2020 2:36 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
1363 Posts
 Posted 12/17/2020  5:37 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CollegeBarbers to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
But they can't possibly tailor their offerings to every single collector, partocularly after a series has ended and something new/unexpected comes along.

Yeah I totally agree with you, and given that 2020 has been, well, 2020, there's no way they could've produced all the various products that were normally released for the Pre$. That I understand.

What doesn't make sense to me is why the Mint isn't releasing core products or standard issues in 2020/21, e.g. proof Bush dollars and the final proof/silver proof ATB Quarters. They're likely to appear in sets, but as jbuck noted, that forces collectors to buy expensive sets (or look to the secondary market) to get one or two coins that have previously always been released separately.

Now to play devil's advocate, the issue could be that we're talking about single coins (2020 Bush dollar and 2021 Tuskegee quarter). But the Mint currently offers single proof coins for the Innovation dollars, and in the past has offered P&D uncirculated sets (e.g. 1999 SBA$). And any offerings of individual proof coins (or a P&D Bush set) are likely to be popular because collectors need them to complete their sets.

I just feel like the Mint is leaving behind the small collector, or at least making it hard for him or her. And up until this year I was always quick to defend the Mint, but with all the price increases, intentional rarities, and now these issues, it's gotten hard to do so.
Learn More...
United States
112162 Posts
 Posted 12/18/2020  09:45 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Now to play devil's advocate, the issue could be that we're talking about single coins (2020 Bush dollar and 2021 Tuskegee quarter). But the Mint currently offers single proof coins for the Innovation dollars, and in the past has offered P&D uncirculated sets (e.g. 1999 SBA$). And any offerings of individual proof coins (or a P&D Bush set) are likely to be popular because collectors need them to complete their sets.
Agreed.

The 2018 proof innovation dollar was issued by itself in the full size proof set lens! The Bush proof could look the same. Also, easy to pair the Tuskegee and Crossing Delaware quarters into two coin clad and silver proof sets.

The limited access to the P&D Bush dollars I can forgive since the NIFC business strike coins are generally relegated to bags, rolls, and the full uncirculated sets.
Valued Member
United States
398 Posts
 Posted 12/18/2020  1:03 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Reno32 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks Bret, another question guys why the congratulations set cost more then the American Eagle 2021 One Ounce Silver Proof Coin. The congrats set is 75 and the American Eagle 73.00 both proof and W MM.
Pillar of the Community
United States
984 Posts
 Posted 12/18/2020  6:03 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add wyzeguy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
another question guys why the congratulations set cost more then the American Eagle 2021 One Ounce Silver Proof Coin.

An extra $2 for the packaging the Congratulations set comes in. That's all. It's the same coin.
Valued Member
United States
113 Posts
 Posted 12/19/2020  10:22 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add smuglr to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'm thinking the ASE RP 2 coin set is the new design. With the summer timing and one each from S and W mint it would make sense.
Valued Member
United States
233 Posts
 Posted 12/19/2020  10:37 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Corbe to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I was thinking one of each design, instead of two mints.
Learn More...
United States
112162 Posts
 Posted 12/20/2020  01:26 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I was thinking one of each design, instead of two mints.
I agree.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1363 Posts
 Posted 12/21/2020  09:10 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CollegeBarbers to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
The 2018 proof innovation dollar was issued by itself in the full size proof set lens! The Bush proof could look the same.

Exactly! They have the capability, but evidently not the will.

Quote:
Also, easy to pair the Tuskegee and Crossing Delaware quarters into two coin clad and silver proof sets.

I would definitely be on board for this! I suppose it's still possible that the Mint will release something like this, given that they add new products to the schedule throughout the year. I'd be on the lookout for some type of special product commemorating the new quarter design.

Quote:
The limited access to the P&D Bush dollars I can forgive since the NIFC business strike coins are generally relegated to bags, rolls, and the full uncirculated sets.

I'm not necessarily happy about it, but I can understand it. I would have been more forgiving if they included the Bush coins in the 2020 Mint Set, which frankly they should have considering it wasn't released until the end of the year.
Learn More...
United States
112162 Posts
 Posted 12/21/2020  12:14 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I would have been more forgiving if they included the Bush coins in the 2020 Mint Set, which frankly they should have considering it wasn't released until the end of the year.
It was close, but I think if they really wanted to include the P&D Bush dollars they could have. Of course, they would have tacked on another four or five dollars to the cost.
Valued Member
United States
113 Posts
 Posted 12/22/2020  12:52 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add smuglr to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I think the product schedule for the ASE RP set lists it as 'Multi (S)(W)'.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1244 Posts
 Posted 12/22/2020  08:48 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add BadDog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Also, easy to pair the Tuskegee and Crossing Delaware quarters into two coin clad and silver proof sets.

Doesn't HR1923/S4730 the Circulating Collectible Coin Redesign Act of 2020 replace the Washington crossing the Delaware reverse with a multi-year program with reverses that are emblematic of the accomplishments and contributions of a prominent woman? I think that both the House and Senate have passed this (House may need to approve a Senate amendment?) and it should be going to the President for signature pretty soon.
Learn More...
United States
112162 Posts
 Posted 12/22/2020  12:16 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Interesting. It would not take effect until 2022, so I would have to assume the CTD quarter would be a one year (2021) issue.
Page: of 26 Previous TopicReplies: 376 / Views: 30,529Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.42 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: