Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Air Tites, Caps Pages As An Album Alternative

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 11 / Views: 331Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community
United States
518 Posts
 Posted 11/26/2020  08:21 am Show Profile   Check Billie's eBay Listings Bookmark this topic Add Billie to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
As I am sure that everyone is aware of the Dansco dilemma.

My solution for storing & displaying shield cents is the Caps pages.
So I purchased 100 "Genuine" A19 airtites from a reputable seller.
The problem is the airtites are significantly thicker and they will not close all the way with the coin inside.
I compared an older airtite with what has been sent to me and the new one seems to be shallower.

Anybody else encounter this? or do I not have genuine airtites?

Thanks in advance.

Pillar of the Community
United States
518 Posts
 Posted 11/26/2020  08:22 am  Show Profile   Check Billie's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Billie to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Having a real hard time with pictures...

Edited by Billie
11/26/2020 08:26 am
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
5075 Posts
 Posted 11/26/2020  10:11 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add commems to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I would question whether you genuine product. It appears that you do not. I've used genuine Airtite holders for 20+ years and have never had such an issue with a US coin.

Collecting history one coin or medal at a time! (c) commems. All rights reserved.
Pillar of the Community
United States
938 Posts
 Posted 11/26/2020  10:25 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Ballyhoo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

A possible redesign? Companies do so from time to time. However, I can't say for certain since I haven't bought any from J&P recently where I get mine 100 at a time.
ANA member
PAN Member
BCCS Member

There's no problem only solutions - the late, great John Lennon
Pillar of the Community
United States
518 Posts
 Posted 11/26/2020  11:17 am  Show Profile   Check Billie's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Billie to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Tried a coupe of older impaired S proofs.

Definitely do not fit..
Pillar of the Community
United States
518 Posts
 Posted 11/26/2020  11:20 am  Show Profile   Check Billie's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Billie to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I sent the seller pictures and will await a response..

I was kinda looking forward to this project...Now it's a PITA
Pillar of the Community
Canada
3951 Posts
 Posted 11/26/2020  7:41 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add oriole to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Kind of useless then. I hope that you can return them.
Pillar of the Community
United States
518 Posts
 Posted 11/27/2020  7:39 pm  Show Profile   Check Billie's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Billie to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Received the following from the seller:

Dear bilsey171,

Thank you for contacting us. We are terribly sorry to hear this. Looks like you have received 1/10oz Gold Eagle capsules which are just slightly smaller.

We can definitely send you the penny sized capsules.

Let us know if you would like us to send you the penny size
still or simply just send you a full refund.

We apologize for any
inconvenience that this may have cause you.
Thanks Again,

USA Coin Collector

Of Course I said Yes!
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
5075 Posts
 Posted 11/27/2020  9:53 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add commems to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@Billie: I hope it all works out for you, but something doesn't sound quite right. Per the Airtites web site, the A16 holder for 1/10th-ounce gold coins and the A19 for small cents have the same interior depth - 0.062" (1.57mm). They are, after all, both "A" model holders.

If the vendor sent you A16 holders by mistake, the cents would not have fit in the smaller diameter holder, but your image shows a cent properly seated in the holder but with a depth issue vs. a diameter issue.

Of course, I could be misinterpreting things, so I look forward to your follow-up report after the new holders arrive.

Collecting history one coin or medal at a time! (c) commems. All rights reserved.
Pillar of the Community
United States
518 Posts
 Posted 11/28/2020  09:35 am  Show Profile   Check Billie's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Billie to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Hmmm..
Pillar of the Community
United States
518 Posts
 Posted 12/02/2020  10:20 pm  Show Profile   Check Billie's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Billie to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Well I received my replacement airtites today!

lo and behold they fit correctly!

The way they are packaged, individually both half's in a small ziplock,
I have no way of knowing whether or not they are genuine.

I will post pictures once I get the coins into the pages.

Learn More...
United States
94627 Posts
 Posted 12/03/2020  2:41 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Fantastic!

Looking forward to seeing the final results!
  Previous TopicReplies: 11 / Views: 331Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.64 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05