Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1892-O Barber Dime - Your Grading Thoughts

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 12 / Views: 328Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
2687 Posts
 Posted 11/27/2020  09:18 am Show Profile   Check Paul Bulgerin's eBay Listings Bookmark this topic Add Paul Bulgerin to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I do not own this coin. These are the seller's photos. I was looking at it but wasn't sure how it would grade.

Your opinions are welcome. Thanks.

Paul Bulgerin
Pillar of the Community
United States
9657 Posts
 Posted 11/27/2020  09:21 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add panzaldi to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
maybe AU58 but cannot determine determine surface originality with these blurry photos.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1761 Posts
 Posted 11/27/2020  09:49 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Ty2020b to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Can't accurately judge surfaces with these blurry pics. Maybe AU-53/55. I wouldn't pick this one up unless the price was great and it had a solid return policy, personally.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
2687 Posts
 Posted 11/27/2020  10:51 am  Show Profile   Check Paul Bulgerin's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Paul Bulgerin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The coin looks original, but a bit dirty.

The seller doesn't offer returns so I'm hesitant to bid on it.
Paul Bulgerin
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
53642 Posts
 Posted 11/27/2020  11:18 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Can you show us a sharper obverse pic?
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
2687 Posts
 Posted 11/27/2020  11:38 am  Show Profile   Check Paul Bulgerin's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Paul Bulgerin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Sorry, these are the seller's photos.
Paul Bulgerin
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
53642 Posts
 Posted 11/27/2020  12:06 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I wouldn't buy based on that obverse pic - pretty much useless.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1721 Posts
 Posted 11/27/2020  12:17 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add fortcollins to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'd be a bit concerned about the milk spots on the reverse. It's definitely in the AU-mid UNC spectrum, but that isn't much help.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1761 Posts
 Posted 11/27/2020  8:17 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Ty2020b to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I would reach out to the seller and request better pics, using the reasoning of no returns and wanted an accurate idea of what your paying for. If they are unwilling, then I would steer clear personally.
Pillar of the Community
United States
7711 Posts
 Posted 11/27/2020  10:58 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add numismatic student to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I would say AU55-58 and set the AU55 price as my ceiling.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1689 Posts
 Posted 11/28/2020  01:45 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add kbbpll to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
AU50-53 for me, seems to be a lot of wear in the leaves above the ear, but I wouldn't buy it based on these images. Looks like a gouge across the back of the head and scratches on the face.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
2687 Posts
 Posted 11/28/2020  1:02 pm  Show Profile   Check Paul Bulgerin's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Paul Bulgerin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for all the responses. I think I'll pass on this Barber.
Paul Bulgerin
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
53642 Posts
 Posted 11/28/2020  1:15 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Good decision.
  Previous TopicReplies: 12 / Views: 328Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.83 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05