Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

In Search Of Anyone Who Owns Or Knows Of A 1953 Henning Nickel

First page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 17 / Views: 839Next Topic
Page: of 2
Valued Member
United States
82 Posts
 Posted 12/04/2020  8:31 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add msl2196 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@Nickelcollectr85 @Conder101

From another source, it is estimated that he made a few hundred thousand of these, so in all fairness, it looks like he made a pretty good profit. (At the scale of a few decent houses' worth if he managed to keep all of the profit).

With that said, I would think someone who is that skilled in counterfeiting would at least make $5 bills or something... That's a lot of nickels to take to the bank (I read that he took them a few rolls at a time), and a lot of risk to take on each one for only $4-8 each trip. Unless, that is, he did make other stuff and only got caught on the nickels...

@Nickelcollectr85 Is that an NGC holder in your picture? It definitely looks like one. If so, I'm surprised that they'd take these.
Valued Member
United States
55 Posts
 Posted 12/05/2020  01:30 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Nickelcollectr85 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Msl2196 the coin case I have is a 3 piece case I've ordered off eBay for a few bucks a piece. You order them by the mm size of coin They are very similar to the NGC/PCGS hard shell cases. I've heard if you send henning into the NGC company they will not grade them and return with a tag or paper notation explaining this item is a known contemporary counterfeit. I've also read in a thread somewhere else there is another lower name grading company that will actually grade henning nickels but due to the coin being cast counterfeited off worn nickels the grades arent ever going to be high numbers also grading is to determine a value on the item it doesn't seem practical to spend the cash since there's no really know mint history value.
Page: of 2 Previous TopicReplies: 17 / Views: 839Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.36 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05